Best Charge ROM

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess I mustve overlooked that, thanks guys. It was running pretty quick and smooth.

Eclipse 2.0 by far the fastest rom out there. no hesitation, just as good looking a rom as the rest and if ya want root.. just flash the superuser----ghi.. and fast .smooth, no drag,, i'm trying out battery time now. drops from full charge when i go to bed to 95% when i wake up. Consider the fact i am retired and sleep late..

a point to remember is that with GPS turned on bat drops faster,, anything that requires the ph to standby causes sever bat drop.

they plan to have Eclipse 4.0 up and running soon...

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I still have my vote in for Tweak 2.0...it rocks pretty hard. Stable (as long as you do not turn on the ASOP lockscreen) and good battery life.

I am loving it right now and been rocking it since the release.

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I still have my vote in for Tweak 2.0...it rocks pretty hard. Stable (as long as you do not turn on the ASOP lockscreen) and good battery life.

I am loving it right now and been rocking it since the release.

I'm unsure if it's that aosp lockscreen. After those initial hotboot reports I used that one exclusively without a hotboot. There is something else at play here, but it's hard to tell without being able to produce the issue myself. I have some ideas though, I'll just need some folks that get hotboots willing to test them out... :)

boxeriv

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I could use some assistance, if possible? My brother rooted my Charge last November. I couldn't tell you which ROM/ kernal, etcother than what the phone info says... I still have issues with this phone. i.e. lag, memory, freezing up, etc... I would like to "upgrade" if you will, to the latest and greatest ROM and OS (Is ICS avail for these phones, yet?)

I have no clue where to start or how to backup my phone so that I do not lose all of my important numbers, texts, etc...

Any info, step-by-step, advice you have would be GREATLY appreciated. I'd like to get this done asap. Thanks again!

-Brian

p.s. I'm new here and don't know that much about these phones, yet. But I learn quick! Also, I heard some not so good things about touchwiz???

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I know I am 2 days late on this reply, but as far as backing things up goes, I would say use either my backuppro or titanium backup to save all your stuff.

If you are already rooted, half the battle is done for you. Your brother should have installed a custom recovery (if not go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=605579&d=1306206227)

The next thing is to pick a ROM. I no longer have my Charge, but when I looked real quick, Tweaked still looks like the way to go: [FP1H][Rom][Cwm][Odin]Tweaked v2.0 - xda-developers

You can find basic instructions there and also in the stickie at the top of this forum to learn about odin

Reactions: boxeriv

mrtfox2

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello All, I am new to forums and doing my best to learn about technology. One of my students rooted my phone and I have been reading everything I can to learn on my on. I have a Droid Charge and about to change roms on my on wish me luck

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello All, I am new to forums and doing my best to learn about technology. One of my students rooted my phone and I have been reading everything I can to learn on my on. I have a Droid Charge and about to change roms on my on wish me luck

Good luck...and just if you did not know, NEVER use ROM manager to change ROMs on the Droid Charge. Use CWM or Odin.

Do you know if the ROM you are on is current? Antennas etc... Do you know if the ROM you are moving to is complete or does it come in pieces such as needing a different kernel?

Just some things to think about if you are not already familiar.

It really does become easy and almost second nature to jump around between ROMs and Themes after a while.

Let us know how it goes.

Dave