Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Charge ROM

I need some advice and some links if anyone has any. I'd like to know what everyone thinks the best custom rom for the charge is whether it be tweakstock, eclipse, gummycharged or whatever else there is. I also need some help rooting the phone as well please, if anyone would be so kind as to lend a hand or two. I also know that when a custom rom is created alot of the extra crap is removed from it, but anyway to keep backup assistant or save my text conversations? Much thanks in advance for anyones help.
    "What do you think, Zombie Kill of the Week?"

D3AD M3MORIES

Default Re: Best Charge ROM

Do you still need help rooting your charge? I've tried/tested out most of the roms and kernels for the charge and I've found InfinityRom with IMNUTS PB&J kernel to be the best combination, lightning fast, no bloat, and good battery life.

Here are some links:

InfinityRom can be located here ---> [3-9-12][ROM][EP4D] InfinityROM - xda-developers
    IMNUTS latest PB&J Kernel (Optional) -----> [01-30-12]PeanutButta Jelly Time - RootzWiki
    Latest CWM recover you should be using ----> [RECOVERY][3-2-12]Clockwork Mod Recovery - xda-developers

Let me know if you still need help rooting/flashing, links for tweaks, custom boot/shutdown animations, etc...
    Droid Charge (Rooted)
    ROM: Infinity Rom (MNML Theme)
    Please hit my thanks button if I helped you out!
    Thanked by 5:
    a17thony likes this.

There is actually a newer version of Infinity ROM here, dated 3/19/12:

[ROM][3-19-12]InfinityROM - RootzWiki

There may be even newer versions of the Big 3 ROMS (Eclipse, Tweakstock, Infinity) coming out soon based on the new update pushing out to the Charge. Not sure if anything in the update is worth adding, but the devs might incorporate the updated stuff.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

What is the big difference between Infinity and Eclipse? I am currently running eclipse and am happy, just wanted to know the difference before i changed...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Im not sure, Im using Infinity and the PB&J kernal and havent had any problems. Well since youre running Eclipse I can tell you a few things I can do with the ROM. I did have Eclipse on my X2 but I dont know how big the difference is. But on Infinity I can change the type of lockscreen, can also change what appears in the notification bar.

D3AD M3MORIES

Quote Originally Posted by petey00 View Post
    What is the big difference between Infinity and Eclipse? I am currently running eclipse and am happy, just wanted to know the difference before i changed...
    Best thing to do is read the developer's description of Infinity on XDA:

[3-9-12][ROM][EP4D] InfinityROM - xda-developers

Like hondaalpinestar said, I think Infinity has a few more customization options. I used a similar ROM on my Fasciinate (TSM Resurrection), they both use TSM Parts in the ROM, which are the customizations for the lockscreen, notification bar, etc.

Also, keep in mind Eclipse and Infinity ROMS will most likely be updated soon with the latest FP1 update that came out from Samsung/Verizon. I would hold off until these are available.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Let's not forget tweakstock getting updated as well... It is a he'll of a rom

Yes...so right. My bad. Tweak stock is awesome too.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Lol - Yeah tweakstock would've been updated already were it not for the ota that started rolling out last week. Seemed silly to update a rom using a no-longer up-to-date base. FP1 is in the works now, slowly but surely :-)
    "Knowledge is power. Ignorance is bliss. Sanity is the fine line in between." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by dwitherell View Post
    Seemed silly to update a rom using a no-longer up-to-date base.
    I agree. I am looking forward to your work. I've been running Eclipse, but I think I want to try tweakstock for awhile. Thanks!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Lol - Yeah tweakstock would've been updated already were it not for the ota that started rolling out last week. Seemed silly to update a rom using a no-longer up-to-date base. FP1 is in the works now, slowly but surely :-)
    no rush....no rush...

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4

Tweakstock runs fantastically, but I get those annoying OTA update notices!!! Can this be avoided with Eclipse or Infinity??

Yes there is a fix posted over on xda.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4

Which thread, and is it a new ROM or just an addition I can flash with CWM?

Quote Originally Posted by drkriley View Post
    Which thread, and is it a new ROM or just an addition I can flash with CWM?
    It's just a little bit of editing. You have to be rooted and use Root Explorer (or something similar) to use this fix.

Stop ota notification fix - xda-developers

Open Root Explorer, browse to /system, select mount R/W, long press build.prop, and select Open in Text Editor.

Find the line: ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/SCH-I510/SCH-I510:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/EP4:user/release-keys

Change "EP4" to "FP1"

Save the changes to the build.prop file

Restart

You may have to restart a few times to get data back working. You can also restart, then turn data off and on again, see if that works. That worked for me after one restart, notification for update was gone.
    Thanked by:

Tweaked v2 (FP1H) and v1.5 (EP4D and found in original TweakStock threads) are now posted on both xda and rootz. :-)
    "Knowledge is power. Ignorance is bliss. Sanity is the fine line in between." - Anonymous
    Thanked by:

Tweaked v2 (FP1H) and v1.5 (EP4D and found in original TweakStock threads) are now posted on both xda and rootz. :-)
    I think I'm gonna give your ROM a run, been on Eclipse for over a month, it's about time for a change!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Still running the Infinity ROM, tried the new Tweaked V2 the only thing that really bugged me was the GPS icon in the notification bar. Drives me nuts, just like it simple personally.

D3AD M3MORIES

Quote Originally Posted by hondaalpinestar View Post
    Still running the Infinity ROM, tried the new Tweaked V2 the only thing that really bugged me was the GPS icon in the notification bar. Drives me nuts, just like it simple personally.
    That can be disabled in TSM Parts fwiw

As dwitherell said, that can be disabled. I'm already loving Tweaked 2.0, only been on it for about 12 hours! I say give it another shot, and check out all the goodies with TSM Parts.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I guess I mustve overlooked that, thanks guys. It was running pretty quick and smooth.

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

I guess I mustve overlooked that, thanks guys. It was running pretty quick and smooth.
    Eclipse 2.0 by far the fastest rom out there. no hesitation, just as good looking a rom as the rest and if ya want root.. just flash the superuser----ghi.. and fast .smooth, no drag,, i'm trying out battery time now. drops from full charge when i go to bed to 95% when i wake up. Consider the fact i am retired and sleep late..

a point to remember is that with GPS turned on bat drops faster,, anything that requires the ph to standby causes sever bat drop.

they plan to have Eclipse 4.0 up and running soon...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I still have my vote in for Tweak 2.0...it rocks pretty hard. Stable (as long as you do not turn on the ASOP lockscreen) and good battery life.

I am loving it right now and been rocking it since the release.
    radar320 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I still have my vote in for Tweak 2.0...it rocks pretty hard. Stable (as long as you do not turn on the ASOP lockscreen) and good battery life.

I am loving it right now and been rocking it since the release.
    I'm unsure if it's that aosp lockscreen. After those initial hotboot reports I used that one exclusively without a hotboot. There is something else at play here, but it's hard to tell without being able to produce the issue myself. I have some ideas though, I'll just need some folks that get hotboots willing to test them out... :-)

I could use some assistance, if possible? My brother rooted my Charge last November. I couldn't tell you which ROM/ kernal, etcother than what the phone info says... I still have issues with this phone. i.e. lag, memory, freezing up, etc... I would like to "upgrade" if you will, to the latest and greatest ROM and OS (Is ICS avail for these phones, yet?)

I have no clue where to start or how to backup my phone so that I do not lose all of my important numbers, texts, etc...

Any info, step-by-step, advice you have would be GREATLY appreciated. I'd like to get this done asap. Thanks again!

-Brian

p.s. I'm new here and don't know that much about these phones, yet. But I learn quick! Also, I heard some not so good things about touchwiz???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast