Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default favorite roms? after the update.

After the update I am on eclipse (2.0) still. Works well for me so far. What's everyone using right now and why?

Default Re: favorite roms? after the update.

I've been on Tweaked v2.0 for the past couple of days. So far so good..

Quote Originally Posted by watersrules View Post
    I've been on Tweaked v2.0 for the past couple of days. So far so good..
    Same here. I love the TSM Parts and TweakTools for customizations. Cool stuff. I was on Eclipse before this, which was great too. But TSM Parts and TweakTools are now a must-have for me.

Tweaked 2.0 with TSM parts and Tweak tools. I was on Eclipse, but had too many force closes even after deleting and re-installing on more than one occasion. Have not had any problems on Tweaked.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS Leak

I'm on Tweaked 2.0. I tried Eclipse 2.0, and it was great.

The only reason I switched to Tweaked 2.0 was because I ran Tweakstock before FP1, and I liked it. I heard Tweaked 2.0 was more customizable, but I disagree. Neither is very customizable, and both are very stable.

I do not see a big enough difference between Eclipse 2.0 and Tweaked 2.0 to matter really, especially since I run ADW Launcher. Both work great, and both seem a little smoother than earlier builds.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher Turtle View Post
    I'm on Tweaked 2.0. I tried Eclipse 2.0, and it was great.

The only reason I switched to Tweaked 2.0 was because I ran Tweakstock before FP1, and I liked it. I heard Tweaked 2.0 was more customizable, but I disagree. Neither is very customizable, and both are very stable.

I do not see a big enough difference between Eclipse 2.0 and Tweaked 2.0 to matter really, especially since I run ADW Launcher. Both work great, and both seem a little smoother than earlier builds.
    I don't know that much about eclipse but under TSM parts and Tweaktools you have more than 50 options for customizing your phone....just sayin'

Either way, at this point I do not think you can go wrong with either ROM both are winners...

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I don't know that much about eclipse but under TSM parts and Tweaktools you have more than 50 options for customizing your phone....just sayin'

Either way, at this point I do not think you can go wrong with either ROM both are winners...
    +1

The customizations with TSM and Tweaktools take Tweaked 2.0 over the top for me, compared to Eclipse. But I agree, both are pretty awesome. Adn I love the Core Droid Theme, which is available for both ROMS.

I wonder how many devs use something similar to Tweaktools for ROMS on other devices? I never saw it with any of the Fascinate ROMS.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    +1

The customizations with TSM and Tweaktools take Tweaked 2.0 over the top for me, compared to Eclipse. But I agree, both are pretty awesome. Adn I love the Core Droid Theme, which is available for both ROMS.

I wonder how many devs use something similar to Tweaktools for ROMS on other devices? I never saw it with any of the Fascinate ROMS.
    For the Fascinate there was something like gummytoolbox which was very similar.....

Ah, gotcha. That was probably the only ROM I never ran on my Fascinate!

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS Leak

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post

I meant compared to the options available with third-party launchers. You can change a few things with TSM and Tweaktools, but most of the customizations I want are only available through third party launchers.

For example, I prefer a 5-icon dock. I like to dock my phone, SMS, Gtalk, and Gmail. The only way I have seen to do this is through third party launchers, which all have that function. I'd like to have a ROM that allows third-party-launcher type customization options, but that isn't available as far as I know.

I do not like the Core Droid on the home screens, but I do like it on the other screens (SMS, dial pad, etc.). The only major difference to me between the two ROMs is the notification bar at the top. With Eclipse, it constantly seemed cluttered and the battery icon was terrible. I'm sure I could have fixed this, but I wanted to try out Tweaked anyway, so it gave me an excuse to switch over.