Need help Rooting

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So I have been reading a bunch of guides, and I am having some issues with getting rooted. I just got a Charge, its on the FP1 firmware. I finally was able to find a working ODIN link, as most all that I found were taken down. My question is what step is next? I attempted to flash recovery, however when I manually enter recovery it is the stock android recovery and not CWM. Also, next step is to flash superuser?

Is there an easier way? I would like to flash this:[FP1H][Rom][Cwm][Odin]Tweaked v2.0 - Droid Charge Development - RootzWiki

Do I need to root and/or have the custom recovery first before flashing that with ODIN?

Thanks for the help.

Edit: The only real reason I would root this phone is to get some better form of notification, maybe a modded BLN or something.

Last edited:

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I successfully flashed imnuts CWM then flashed the two superuser zips so I was rooted with CWM. Then I installed a stock debloated FP1 from here:
FP1 - All packages up to date - xda-developers

My question was if I was able to install tweaked 2.0 at that point from CWM, so I just went for it and I did. Installed that and PBJ kernel and all is good now.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I successfully flashed imnuts CWM then flashed the two superuser zips so I was rooted with CWM. Then I installed a stock debloated FP1 from here:
FP1 - All packages up to date - xda-developers

My question was if I was able to install tweaked 2.0 at that point from CWM, so I just went for it and I did. Installed that and PBJ kernel and all is good now.

Cool...congrats. Tweaked is a really nice ROM, super stable and relatively quick/responsive. There is a nice ICS Theme available for it now over at XDA, and that along with the ICS Theme from GoLauncher (if you want to use GoLauncher) make a nice combo that makes the Charge look and feel almost like it is running ICS.

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Edit: Missed your second post that you got it. Glad to hear. This info below then is or anyone else that may need help.

I have made a series of videos including the updated FP1. The links to all needed software should be current.

I would also recommend Tomsworld.org for all his directions. He is dropping the charge tho...

I am working to collect everything current for this phone including hosting active downloads. This is taking a while as I do it all for free. But in time I should have everything available for anyone that wants it including written and video directions.

Two important parts - When on my FP1 rooting vid you will need to make sure during your file search you tell file explorer to look at the whole phone and not just the SD card. Sorry as I need to update this. It will make sense once you get there in the video.

Also, NEVER use ROM manager or anything like it on this phone. The droid charge will glitch out. To move around between ROMs and themes you will need to use Clockwork MOD (CWM) on the phone and/or odin on a windows machine.

Let me know if I can help. I will subscribe to this post or you can also hit me up on youtube as I check those usually daily.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae