1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Simple method to root Droid Charge on a Mac

Hi,
    I have Samsung Droid Charge running Android 2.3.6, FP1 build and i am having trouble finding a way to root my device on my mac. I've been searching for a way to root it for the past week and have found nothing but Heimdal, but that did not work. All I want is a way too root my phone, Samsung has decided not to update the phone to ICS or a more up to date Touchwiz UI, so I really would like to flash a custom rom, Specifically an ICS like one. Please, anyones help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Simple method to root Droid Charge on a Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Charge1303 View Post
    Hi,
    I have Samsung Droid Charge running Android 2.3.6, FP1 build and i am having trouble finding a way to root my device on my mac. I've been searching for a way to root it for the past week and have found nothing but Heimdal, but that did not work. All I want is a way too root my phone, Samsung has decided not to update the phone to ICS or a more up to date Touchwiz UI, so I really would like to flash a custom rom, Specifically an ICS like one. Please, anyones help is greatly appreciated.
    Did you find anything yet? I'm looking to root a droid charge on a Mac, too.

ROM
    GummyCharged 2.1

Default Re: Simple method to root Droid Charge on a Mac

I do not know of anyone that has written the files for heimdal for the charge. I use a mac with it triple booted to include windows 7 and linux. I suggest either dual booting or run an emulator in Lion or whatever version you have.
    Please do share if you come across something else.

Dave
    www.youtube.com/kraisydave
    www.KDtech.org Twitter @kraisydave
    Everyone deserves to get the most out of their phone!