[How-to] Root Droid Charge**5/19/11**[Windows & Mac] Now with GingerSnap!

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
hahahaah i said they updated me in the store when i bought the phone so i had no say over the update and now the phone restarts allllll the time and i think it's bc of the update

actually it went like this

me: i just bought phone yesterday, it randomly restarts all the time
vrw guy: did you apply the update?
me: yes..i think thats why phone reboots randomly now
vzw: :funny face:: ok....

then he played with it for like a minute and just swapped it out for a new one haha

maybe it helps having boobs ;)

Maybe? Lol. That's the reason he helped you out. Nevertheless its a good thing that you have a working device. See what other deals your "pair" can get you.;)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If I had a pair. I'd use em to their full capacity. You do have your charge rooted,right? I just rooted one for my buddie and I'm on the prowl for a rom. Still on the waiting boat.RM doesn't even have Cwm for the charge yet

Ill be working with imnuts, he got the clockwork for the continuum working and did a great job. So getting this to work shouldn't be a problem for him. RM most likely won't work

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ill be working with imnuts, he got the clockwork for the continuum working and did a great job. So getting this to work shouldn't be a problem for him. RM most likely won't work

You planning on getting a stock image recovery like on the fasc (D101)?
Good to have if ya bork something and want to return the thing.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You planning on getting a stock image recovery like on the fasc (D101)?
Good to have if ya bork something and want to return the thing.

That needs to be released by samsung. I can make parts of it but not all

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
ED2 software still not supported at the moment correct?

I am anxiously awaiting for a new root as well. When I picked up my Charge yesterday I was watching the rep to make sure she was not updating, then this fine looking woman walk through the door and I was distracted and then bam!!! I turned around and saw the stock recovery screen with the triangle and exclamation with the little android guy...Thats what I get for being a hornball I guess.

Mr. DroidXCon, if you need a guinea pig for a new method I will be more than happy to test. I tried the current method but obviously it was a no go. just hangs at the last line and never give the exclamation with confirmation.

I would take it back and complain that it nots working right, but it's acutally been working pretty good.

j3t

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
okay guys...going to hop in here.
I grabbed a Charge on release day, rooted it and set it up the way I wanted it. (okay Orange and Brown theme is not what I really wanted but until there are themes and ROMS it was as good as it was going to get-- Seriously Samsung Orange and Brown- Is this the Halloween Edition???))
Then at 12:01 AM on Sat Morning (the next day) I got a notification to upgrade it. Foolishly, I did.
Lost root but still I had my hosts files changed and for the most part I was okay.
All my attempts to root it after the update failed.
Eventually on Sunday I went back to VZW and long story short I ended up with a new unit. I told the guy at VZW DO NOT update this device. He didn't (there were no hot chicks at my VZW to distract me either. So that's a plus or minus however you look at it...)

Anyway, I rooted the new device, ran Titanium and got it all set up but I was getting the prompt to update so what I did was I went into to my build.prop and wherever it said ED1 I changed it to ED2.
Rebooted and I still have root and no pop-ups. I hope this helps someone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am anxiously awaiting for a new root as well. When I picked up my Charge yesterday I was watching the rep to make sure she was not updating, then this fine looking woman walk through the door and I was distracted and then bam!!! I turned around and saw the stock recovery screen with the triangle and exclamation with the little android guy...Thats what I get for being a hornball I guess.

Mr. DroidXCon, if you need a guinea pig for a new method I will be more than happy to test. I tried the current method but obviously it was a no go. just hangs at the last line and never give the exclamation with confirmation.

I would take it back and complain that it nots working right, but it's acutally been working pretty good.

Lmao sorry but thats funny, yeah ill let you know when I got something

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyway, I rooted the new device, ran Titanium and got it all set up but I was getting the prompt to update so what I did was I went into to my build.prop and wherever it said ED1 I changed it to ED2.
Rebooted and I still have root and no pop-ups. I hope this helps someone.

Duh I should have thought of that good tip thanks

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
Has anyone who did not do the ED2 update had problems that it was supposed to fix? I could easily swap out my handset (called and asked a friendly rep) to go back to the pre ED2 update, but I'm just a little hesitant that it'll have issues down the road since it's working flawlessly for me now.

At this point I'm probably going to wait it out until it is inevitably rooted with ED2, but I'd love to hear some feedback from those running ED1.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta