[How-to] Root Droid Charge**5/19/11**[Windows & Mac] Now with GingerSnap!

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Well after rooting and erasing all the bloat wear i decided to run the.update. So
If you want to test on my phone again I'm open to that !

So you were able to remove bloatware and update and the bloatware still had been removed? If so that is awesome, I know on my Droid X you can't even update if one file is removed or modified, makes me like the Charge and Samsung that much more.

whitepearl86

May 14, 2011
Visit site
So you were able to remove bloatware and update and the bloatware still had been removed? If so that is awesome, I know on my Droid X you can't even update if one file is removed or modified, makes me like the Charge and Samsung that much more.

Yap. I removed the stupid city id and all those preinstalled games and a bunch of.other crap. Then ran OTSand bloat still gone, ofcourse so is root.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Semi-root failed for me. Not sure if I'm doing it right. But it wont recognize my device

so the process didnt fail, its that you are not connected?
either of the following is happening

• Drivers are not installed
  • not in debugging mode
  • using unsupported USB port (Try ports on the back of the computer, if you already are try another one)

Yap. I removed the stupid city id and all those preinstalled games and a bunch of.other crap. Then ran OTSand bloat still gone, ofcourse so is root.

this is curious, that means that this update is not a full system flash.
i would like to screen share with you again later there may be some hope for root if it didnt flash the entire system

whitepearl86

May 14, 2011
Visit site

• not in debugging mode
  • using unsupported USB port (Try ports on the back of the computer, if you already are try another one)

i would like to screen share with you again later there may be some hope for root if it didnt flash the entire system

just let me know, ya all the bloat is still gone..i have no idea what the update did

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site

• not in debugging mode

i read somewhere that the whole update was only like 6mb...so deffinitely not a full flash.

dspolen

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Perm Root?

I just rooted using your semi easy root. Great by the way! my question is this...when i ran the root program and where it says that its supposed to have a "#" sign. Mine had a "$" sign. I went ahead anyway and it finished with the root. I am rooted now, but is it a perm root?
Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted using your semi easy root. Great by the way! my question is this...when i ran the root program and where it says that its supposed to have a "#" sign. Mine had a "$" sign. I went ahead anyway and it finished with the root. I am rooted now, but is it a perm root?
Thanks

if you had $ when it was suppose to have a # then chances are you are not rooted, please go to
settings>about phone and give me your build number.....also go into your app drawer and see if you have the super user app

dspolen

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I was running su and had wireless tether running all evening. Downloaded a root check and it said i.was rooted. I came from the bolt where i could boot into recovery. Can't do.that here..

dspolen

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
d87da35cdca4f61e3ffe6c6864514272.png
[/URL]

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Stumped huh? i tried to use adb also and when i got to the sdk tools and ran adb i got the same dollar sign?

not stumped just working and doing a million things at once.....when you get the $ type su
as soon as you type it look at the screen on your phone and see if the superuser app pops up,,,but the fact that you had to download it isnt a good sign.

if $ doesnt turn into #

then i would pull the battery and try again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax