[Tool] Droid Charge Recovery Boot Tool

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
recovtool.png

[NOTE]
Im sure some of you have noticed that booting into recovery isnt as simple as the 3 button technique that we used on the fasincate or other samsung devices. I have tried and tried different combinations to boot into recovery but i have not figured it out. So i threw this together until we figure out how to do it. It also has the benefit of kicking you into download mode as a added bonus. Hope this comes in handy for people :)
[/NOTE]

Droid Charge Recovery Boot Tool:
  • Download Droid Charge Recovery Boot Tool
  • Unzip to any place on the computer
  • Connect phone in USB debugging mode
  • Open Droid_Charge_Recovery_Boot_Tool Folder
  • Click on Droid_Charge_Recovery_Boot_Tool batch file
  • Follow directions as prompted on screen

Droid Charge Recovery Boot Tool:

Special thanks to ls377 for the original idea

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
For the record, DroidXcon made one of these for the Cappy too. I stuck it here. If I'm not mistaken, it should work on any Galaxy S.

droid-ed

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your tools. My Charge is now running ED1 and I have root. I still have not moved the otacert file to stop the OTA because it is on a RO filesystem. Please help me with the commands to mount and umount for rw access to this file. Thanks again!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your tools. My Charge is now running ED1 and I have root. I still have not moved the otacert file to stop the OTA because it is on a RO filesystem. Please help me with the commands to mount and umount for rw access to this file. Thanks again!

Download Root explorer , ES explorer or super manager.... then you can edit files....i would make copys of anything you change and put it in the another folder

Reactions: droid-ed

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I am new at this so bear with me...

Where do you move OTACERT? I tried moving this file to a directory in the SD card, but i still get the pop up. Can anyone help?

droid-ed

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I am new at this so bear with me...

Where do you move OTACERT? I tried moving this file to a directory in the SD card, but i still get the pop up. Can anyone help?

Not sure whether anyone ever replied to you. Moving the OTACERT file means renaming it to another name. Once you do it, it can't be found during the update check process.

However, I found out later that this is not the right way to stop the OTA updates. It will ruin your battery life. So I never did it.

I'm still on ED1 root. Each time I reboot, the ED2 update pops up a few times and then stops. So I'm just going to wait till there is another solid ROM available. (Not ready to experiment with my working multiple Exchange accounts.)

Hope it helps!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay