[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
use a root explorer or any other explorer the supports root, and just move the apk so the /system/app folder then reboot your device

Thank you Sir. Also is there a way to get the stock Desk Top Dock. I use that for my alarm. This is the best root I've ever used by the way. So a donation is on its way from me. Are you able to tell whom you get them from?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Sir. Also is there a way to get the stock Desk Top Dock. I use that for my alarm. This is the best root I've ever used by the way. So a donation is on its way from me. Are you able to tell whom you get them from?

Desk cradle added to OP... thank you so much, you can add a note or a comment to let me know.

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
use a root explorer or any other explorer the supports root, and just move the apk so the /system/app folder then reboot your device

So I downloaded all three apks to sd card. I bought Root Explorer and proceeded to move to system/app. The Desk Top worked just fine but the other two are not working for some reason. It keeps saying on both "you cannot paste here because the file system is read only" Any thoughts?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I downloaded all three apks to sd card. I bought Root Explorer and proceeded to move to system/app. The Desk Top worked just fine but the other two are not working for some reason. It keeps saying on both "you cannot paste here because the file system is read only" Any thoughts?

Hit the button to mount r/w....if that won't let you reboot and try again

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Hit the button to mount r/w....if that won't let you reboot and try again

I don't know. I did exactly what you said and they went in there like they should. I've installed and rebooted three times. Still no go. Thanks for the replies and help.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. I did exactly what you said and they went in there like they should. I've installed and rebooted three times. Still no go. Thanks for the replies and help.

Maybe someone running stock van check permissions for us. Or when my boss leaves ill flash back to stock

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe someone running stock van check permissions for us. Or when my boss leaves ill flash back to stock

i was able to put the calendar apk in system/app folder but still have no calendar or ability to sync after reboot with a third party calendar.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Boom! That worked. Now if you can find out how get VVM to work I would be a happy man. Thanks

i have never used this feature so i didnt think twice about getting rid of it lol. ok ill keep looking into it,, thanks for everything by the way i really appreciate the donation it is going towards the FTP server so i dont have to use multiupload

rmreagle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Ummmm.. calendar seems to be gone... i have a 3rd party calendar app but it depends on the basic calendar. Idk if this was already posted about or not, just flashed the ROM a minute ago and have to run and teach a class so don't have time to read the whole thread... Check in after class (or during if i get all the grading done i need too while my kids take a test)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Ummmm.. calendar seems to be gone... i have a 3rd party calendar app but it depends on the basic calendar. Idk if this was already posted about or not, just flashed the ROM a minute ago and have to run and teach a class so don't have time to read the whole thread... Check in after class (or during if i get all the grading done i need too while my kids take a test)

try placing the above in your /system/app folder using root explorer(or somthing similar) and rebooting your phone

Reactions: SirLance99

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok i am about to do this, just a couple of questions.

1. should i move the .apks files to my phone before i root? or dose it not matter
2. can i even put root explorer on the phone before i root?
3. is there anything else i should download before i do this (apps)?

I know, nubish questions (this is my first android phone) but i want to make sure i do this right.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
1. should i move the .apks files to my phone before i root? or dose it not matter
are you refering to the files in the OP...no do those afterwards this is not a root method, it has root built in. This is basically overwriting the operating system so anything that you have in the /system files will be over written.

2. can i even put root explorer on the phone before i root?
before or after doesnt matter since root explorer goes into your /data/app file and this is not over written

3. is there anything else i should download before i do this (apps)?
  • follow directions carefully,
  • make sure the drivers are installed,
  • use the USB ports in the back of the computer.
  • Boot up will take 5-7 mins so dont panic
  • Never Panic!
  • it will boot into clockwork just press the power button to reboot

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]
So feedback everyone, how do you think its going , are we going in the right direction? or do you guys find yourselves reverting back to stock ? i feel like its crickets out there, Should i quit while im ahead?​
[/NOTE]

Reactions: SirLance99

ElectronAlchy

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Market still won't download apps

After flashing the ROM the Market appears to start downloading an app then it just blips away and is not installed.

Known Bug?

Standard email (not just Gmail) seems to be missing as well. Maybe I'm just missing a few marbles??

Thanks for the hard work BTW!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
After flashing the ROM the Market appears to start downloading an app then it just blips away and is not installed.

Known Bug?

Standard email (not just Gmail) seems to be missing as well. Maybe I'm just missing a few marbles??

Thanks for the hard work BTW!!

i removed those as bloat, if you want them ill add them to the OP .

as far as the market goes i dont have that problem at all, are you using wifi?

try this
settings>applications>manage applications>market> wipe data / cache
then open and close the market a couple times and let me know if it helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800