Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Can anyone confirm that the this will root the OTA EE4. I am seeing a lot of conflicting information.

I would like to know as well. I know that the sd card fix must be done before this though.

ROM
    Stock EE4, Rooted

I've used this to root my stock EE4. As for the sdcard fix, I have applied it post root and can write to my sdcard.

Just updated mine, had been rooted ed ED2 with this lagfix/root. Here are steps I took.

Create the disable_lagfix folder on the SD card in the voodoo directory
    Restart the phone and let the file system convert back
    Flash back to ED1 with ODIN
    Delete disable_lagfix folder on SD card
    Flash again with ODIN with file VoodooChargeKernel4.tar.md5
    Reboot phone and magic!

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exilepa View Post
    Just updated mine, had been rooted ed ED2 with this lagfix/root. Here are steps I took.

Reboot phone and magic!
    Should I assume that somewhere in there you updated to EE4? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exilepa View Post

Reboot phone and magic!
    do you guys have the ee4 fixes after flashing this kernel? Any quadrant scores with this rom and ee4?

ROM
    EE4 AB v5 / Voodoo PB&J

FWIW, I had a stock EE4 Charge and could not ODIN flash either new CWM (yellow) or VoodooChargeKernel4... endless fails. However, after putting the phone into download mode, I reinserted the battery prior to flash and it took the first time. Booted into CWM, flashed 0602 voodoo charge kernel and MAGIC. All is well.

Default Re: [ROOT] [KERNEL] [Repost of jt1134] Root,ANY build w/ Voodoo l

My droid charge is stuck in android system recovery <3> samsung recovery utils fr bml. It only gives me the option to rebot system apply sdcard update wipe data/factory reset wipe cache partition format internal sd card. I have tried everything with no luck. I rooted my phone using Odin and all went well. Then I downloaded rom manager and I downloaded file from there that wasn't for my phone by mistake and thisvis what I'm stuck with. I then flashed 2.3 on the phone it went through but rom manager doesn't recognize my phone. I can't do anything. Plz help. I also tried downgrading but when I do that it takes me back to stuck mode. I think I put the wrong software or rom or something on my droid charge. Plz help

Help, can't get phone to boot. had previous experiance with a verizon fascinate that i've flashed a hundred times, rooted, installed roms, etc on. I tried this root with my brothers Verizon CHARGE. It is stuck on the samsung screen. will try to flash the stock file next. anysuggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by sdog21 View Post
    Help, can't get phone to boot. had previous experiance with a verizon fascinate that i've flashed a hundred times, rooted, installed roms, etc on. I tried this root with my brothers Verizon CHARGE. It is stuck on the samsung screen. will try to flash the stock file next. anysuggestions?
    Figured it out. Turns out it was the cable. Switched to a different cable and works fine now, no problems. Strange

just flashed, but i dont think im getting root i def have vooodoo but i open up a terminal simulator and shows the $ instead of the # tried typing su but says permision denied help?

I am having the same issue, no root. I had root on ED1, flashed OTA EE4 and have tried the CWM method and the Odin method about 20x each. I've gone back and forth between RFS and EXT4 as well trying any combination to get root. What am I doing wrong? I have tried all the methods on Android Central, XDA and Android Soul. I have tried several different kernels. Everything works as described, but I cannot gain root access! My OG Droid finally crapped out on me, (hence the new phone) but I was flashing ROMS left and right with that device. The Charge is getting the best of me right now.

Someone please help, I need power over this thing! My email is my username @ gmail.

Thanks
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

After I rooted, I see that USB debugging is now enabled. Can I disable it, or should I leave it on?

Edit: Looks like Titanium backup wants it on.
    Last edited by KoukiFC3S; 10-12-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Does flashing this give me a factory reset? I want to root with out losing all data....

will it work after the GB update??
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123