[ROOT] [KERNEL] [Repost of jt1134] Root,ANY build w/ Voodoo lagfix!*updated*

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Question for u DroidX
I went to download the Vodoo lagfix from the link u posted. All I was able to download was Vi Livid download manager. Any advice? Finally have som down time and getting a chance to play with this.
Thanks

MikeS

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Well before I could get into V4, I made a fateful error and now I am stuck in the Samsung Recovery screen with this on the screen.

Android system recover <3e>
Samsung Recovery Utils For BML
(choices)
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
format internal sd-card

-- bootmode=7 from cmdline...

-- Movi_check Start..!!
checksum confirmation need_checksum[0]
Not need checksum confirmation

-- MOvi_check already executed!!..

-- movi_checking done!..
# MANUAL MODE #

Once I get the d/l completed (which will take a while to do) I will give it a shot.

I have tried several options and suggestions from the folks over at XDA-Developers but so far Odin has not been agreeing with me and it hasn't restored my phone. Now I admit it was my error and resulted from not paying attention.

So has anyone successfully recovered from this over here at AC? If so what did you do to get yours back to stock rfs system?

How did you fix this?

tarheelmike

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Droid,
Please help advise me in recovery. I was attempting to load a swype.apk using quickboot (recommended from you). When I selected recovery in quickboot, the phone when to the bootscreen with SAMSUNG and I am stuck there. I am rooted with Voodoo Lagfix kernel flashed. Gunner suggested that I use ODIN and re-flash the voodoo kernel. Any other suggestions from you? Unfortunately I will not be able to do this until later tonight. Thanks in advance. Sorry to be a pain in the ass noob.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Droid,
Please help advise me in recovery. I was attempting to load a swype.apk using quickboot (recommended from you). When I selected recovery in quickboot, the phone when to the bootscreen with SAMSUNG and I am stuck there. I am rooted with Voodoo Lagfix kernel flashed. Gunner suggested that I use ODIN and re-flash the voodoo kernel. Any other suggestions from you? Unfortunately I will not be able to do this until later tonight. Thanks in advance. Sorry to be a pain in the ass noob.

Yeah sounds like it needs to be reflashed.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tarheelmike

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
How did you fix this?

I wasn't able to. The two options is to have a full image that can be flashed in Odin (or Heimdall) or get an update.zip file. The former is going to take some work or someone to leak it and the latter is being worked on by imnuts. I know he is making progress, but he isn't done yet.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks DX did it. One problem I cannot download from market. I neeed to go where I get a solid 4g signal. If memory serves me right it seems that in my apt my phone would go between 4g and 3g now it is just solid 3g gonna check some settings. But any suggestions.
Thanks
Will be getting that Machiato to u

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I finally got around to rooting my replacement today, and Odin works, the phone shows up, I clicked start on the Voodoo kernel it says Pass, then Reset. My charge goes dark and then nothing. I know on my original phone it worked without issue, but this time it won't root. Very odd. I know I'm not missing anything, battery out, open Odin, press vol. down until D/L mod shows up. Select the kernel (even tried a fresh d/l) still no go.

I did restore using the Rooted Stock ED1, then updated and restart/install update. It still says ED1 in the about phone section. Odd.

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I did restore using the Rooted Stock ED1, then updated and restart/install update. It still says ED1 in the about phone section. Odd.

I followed the same steps mentioned and experienced the same results yesterday while out on the lake...returned home today flashed AC's AltB and I'm kickin !@# now. Currently ED2 rooted Altered Beast, previous Quandrant mid 900's, and after flashing AltB current benchmark in low to mid 1400's!! I don't know if you were considering going this direction but it was easy...good luck!

Last edited:

i0sandman0i

May 17, 2011
Visit site
flashed this with odin, im on stock ED2. how do i go about "freezing" bloatware at this point? I was assuming it was supposed to be done through titanium but i cant get it to recognize root, i installed busybox but to no avail..... any ideas?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
flashed this with odin, im on stock ED2. how do i go about "freezing" bloatware at this point? I was assuming it was supposed to be done through titanium but i cant get it to recognize root, i installed busybox but to no avail..... any ideas?

open up titanium backup hit the problems button and update busybox from there

neemo6

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Only reason I would like to do this is to root to get rid of bloatware, wifi tether app, and OC eventually. Also really want to switch over to ext4 to get rid of this darn lag. Other than that i like my phone the way it is, i dont want/need a different rom and would like my phone to still be reliable. Is this right for me? Or should I wait for more stable kernels?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I followed the same steps mentioned and experienced the same results yesterday while out on the lake...returned home today flashed AC's AltB and I'm kickin !@# now. Currently ED2 rooted Altered Beast, previous Quandrant mid 900's, and after flashing AltB current benchmark in low to mid 1400's!! I don't know if you were considering going this direction but it was easy...good luck!

I have been on the fence about doing the custom ROM's honestly its more of an aesthetics thing than anything else. I have read great things about the AB ROM here and have had great PM's with DroidXcon and he has been great to help. Right now I just want something clean, simple, no frills. I know for some its boring for me its what I want to run.

The problem is I have been having nothing but issue after issue after issue trying to get Voodoo and CWM to work with a deodexed ED2 ROM or a few others. Its funny, I know what I am doing, I can get it to work but it hangs here or there. I was going to try one more thing tonight and that was to install CWM, flash the Voodoo Lagfix kernel, install a ED2 Deodexed (remove bloat from there myself) and if it hangs flash the Voodoo Lagfix kernel one more time as suggested.

If this still fails me, again, then I will hop on the AB wagon. DroidXcon's work is excellent.

neemo6

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I will be attempting this tommorow, but have a few more quick questions.
1. What happens if there is an OTA update?
1a) Is it automatically blocked or does one have to not update and wait for an update to this kernel?
2. Also is there a way to create a backup of my stuff before attempting this in case anything goes haywire?
3. Is there an easy way to uroot/turn off voodoo in case phone has to go back to verizon for anything?

evercleardoc

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to this and it works great! thanks!
one question... I lost my email notification icon... it doesn't have the # of unread messages next to the badge. Not sure if this is from the flash or, if it's from LauncherPro Plus. Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv