Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Just Unlocked/Rooted

Default Remove lock screen from Charge

Originally Posted by girlymissjulie

Go to Dialer and enter *#83786633, then press the home key
    Go back into the Dialer, clear those numbers, then *#22745927
    Now a screen will appear asking for the SPC Code, enter 000000
    Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button, then press home button

To disable the lock screen (and power down pop up), go back into the Dialer and use the code *#7594#, select Shutdown and press the Home button. This, I have confirmed, does work on the Charge.

There is also the option to disable the full battery pop up, but I'm not sure if it actually works or not (I'll be able to find out later tonight). *#3844228#. It allows you to disable it, but the option never actually worked on my Fascinate, so I don't know if it will work on the Charge.
    Thanked by 9:
    molinodl likes this.

WOW, it worked perfectly!!! Thank you very much, no more locked screen for me.

Thanks for the instructions. Before I try this, what are the steps to re-enable the lock screen?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Just Unlocked/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by truenoob View Post
    Thanks for the instructions. Before I try this, what are the steps to re-enable the lock screen?
    Same steps but this time pick to enable instead of disable to set the setting back.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Worked!! Thx

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Where is the hidden menu radio enable button ??

This is amazing, where can i find other hacks like this that don't require me to root my phone?

Default more hacks for unrooted phones please!!

Great hack! Where can i find more simple hacks like this that dont require rooting?

Works as promised! :]

Is there any way to disable the menu/home/back/search buttons from waking the phone though? I love not having to slide, but those keys are so easily pressed in my pocket...

Anyone,,,

What is the shutdown key in the final step of disabling of the lock screen??

Thanks in advance

Nevermind, found it, thanks...

Well I must be the one num nuts that can't find this shutdown key. Could someone tell a really slow android guy. I really don't like the lock screen.

When you enter the number *#7594# into your dialer it should bring up a menu where that is the only item with a checkbox next to it. That being said, the first two times I entered the number nothing happened, so I would try clearing it or rebooting the phone and entering the number again.

ROM
    Altered Beast / Voodoo

Can I add different unlock screens once I have disabled original unlock screen?

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharged GBE

Quote Originally Posted by navvydigital View Post
    Works as promised! :]

Is there any way to disable the menu/home/back/search buttons from waking the phone though? I love not having to slide, but those keys are so easily pressed in my pocket...
    Those buttons don't wake my phone when pressed with the lock screen disabled, only the power button wakes my phone.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    ROM
    IMM30B 4.0.4 w/Leankernel

worked, thx!!!!

Posted from AB 4.1.1 using Tapatalk
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    Albert Einstein
    extra storage for your 1+1 <<20GB *free* cloud>>
    pgp_public[key]

BTC: 1y5MEej1o4Akp8W6VPjB5wMqrMFzFkR7j
    Mahdi | Franco Kernel

Default Re: Remove lock screen from Charge

If you remove the lock screen (so that you no longer have to "swipe" or move a puzzle piece, etc.), does the screen still go to black after a set period of time in order to save battery?

Assuming that the screen still goes to black, what button(s) will wake it? And will a screen press wake it too?

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharged GBE

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerLater View Post
    If you remove the lock screen (so that you no longer have to "swipe" or move a puzzle piece, etc.), does the screen still go to black after a set period of time in order to save battery?

Assuming that the screen still goes to black, what button(s) will wake it? And will a screen press wake it too?
    Yes, the screen still times out just as it did before and the only button that will wake the phone is the power button.
    Drroooiiiiddddd

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.5

For those who use a pin or pattern to unlock their DC but just want to get rid of the swipe-to-unlock screen:

-remove your pin/pattern
    -follow the steps to remove the lock screen
    -go back and re-enable your pin/pattern lock, you'll see that it doesn't work
    -bring up the dialer and enter the *#7594#, then uncheck the shutdown option, hit the home button

You'll now see that you've removed the swipe screen but still have your pin or password input.
    Thanked by:
    meyer 

Quote Originally Posted by girlymissjulie View Post
    Yes, the screen still times out just as it did before and the only button that will wake the phone is the power button.
    Not on my Droid Charge. Any hard button will wake it (power, menu, home, back, search, volume up, volume down).

I noticed something else that this changes. Rather than a menu popping up with options upon a long-press of the power button, the phone just shuts down. I liked that menu, and I sometimes hold down the power key long enough to accidentally activate it.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    ROM
    IMM30B 4.0.4 w/Leankernel

Quote Originally Posted by BeefJerky View Post
    I noticed something else that this changes. Rather than a menu popping up with options upon a long-press of the power button, the phone just shuts down. I liked that menu, and I sometimes hold down the power key long enough to accidentally activate it.
    +1

Posted from AB 4.1.1 using Tapatalk
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    Albert Einstein
    extra storage for your 1+1 <<20GB *free* cloud>>
    pgp_public[key]

BTC: 1y5MEej1o4Akp8W6VPjB5wMqrMFzFkR7j
    Mahdi | Franco Kernel

I also liked the popup menu that would come up with a long press of the power button. I carry my phone in my pocket and it is constantly getting turned on all the time. What's weird is that I can't tell which button will wake the phone. The power button obviously will, but others do too, but it's not always the same one that can wake it. I tried reverting back to have the locking enabled, but have not had any luck with it. I've decided to do a factory wipe or just root. It's a good a time as any to try rooting I guess.

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cwalter9 View Post
    Originally Posted by girlymissjulie

To disable the lock screen (and power down pop up), go back into the Dialer and use the code *#7594#, select Shutdown and press the Home button. This, I have confirmed, does work on the Charge.

There is also the option to disable the full battery pop up, but I'm not sure if it actually works or not (I'll be able to find out later tonight). *#3844228#. It allows you to disable it, but the option never actually worked on my Fascinate, so I don't know if it will work on the Charge.
    Okay, I did this and it worked great. But, when I did it again to re-enable the lock screen, I can't get the "shutdown" screen to come up again. Are you sure *#7594# is the right code to re-enable it?

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Okay, I have repeated tried to re-enable the lock and I can't. I did everything in reverse, except clicked on "Hiddenmenu Disable" instead of "enable". Any suggestions?

Thx,
    T

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Wow...I'm glad this thread is so active. LOL

Well, I've figured it out...took me a bit of playing around, but I figured it out. Once you do the initial part of it:

...you don't ever have to do it again. The important part to be able to switch back and forth is the second part of it:

To disable the lock screen (and power down pop up), go back into the Dialer and use the code *#7594#, select Shutdown and press the Home button.

To re-enable the lock screen and the power down pop up, all you have to do is go into the dialer, punch in *#7594# and you should get the "Shutdown" screen again...UNCHECK it and then click HOME. You have re-enabled your lock screen. To disable is again, do it all over...go into the dialer, punch in *#7594#, and CHECK the "Shutdown" option...that's it!! Much easier to remember *#7534# then all of those other numbers.

Let me say this is what's working on my phone.

Thanks,
    T
    Thanked by:
    meyer 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast