Is this Gingerbread 2.3 leak real?

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't trust it either. However for reference there is work being done on a GB build for the Charge over at Samsung that I do know. Nowhere near ready tho from what I've been told

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
They didn't even spell Dalvik right, so no, I wouldn't trust it. However, it is encouraging to see there is work being done on GB, and that Sammy may have it ready for us in the next few months.

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Wasnt there someone around one of this forums saying GB was coming first week in june ?

Yeah I've seen that around also but it is not going to happen that I can tell you. I've seen screen shots of GB on the Charge already but it not anywhere close to being done and ready for prime time. I tried getting out of him when it will be and his only comment was " summer hopefully ".

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
GB has a number of fixes and security updates and since the mfg's and carriers do not release these updates like you would get if you had a Nexus Phone that is pure Android. The problem is the mfg's put so much time into skinning and tweaking the Android OS on 2.2.x they are not willing or taking their time to roll out the 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 changes. My fear is we won't see GB until ICS comes out.

But I will likely switch carriers to get the next Nexus phone I am getting tired of being told what I can have and when by any carrier.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
any chance of seeing some pure android builds for the charge?

I am hoping to see a custom ROM like that sometime soon. Maybe CM7 will come out with Charge support. That would be nice and it could happen since the Charge is not locked down, right?

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
My fear is we won't see GB until ICS comes out.

It will be much sooner then that unless there is a major issue. Talk to someone this week I know who has a lead over at Samsung and they are shooting for a GB release for the Charge at some point over the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty