[How To] Using CWM and Voodoo June, 5 2011

droid-ed

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I flashed stock ed1root then ab4

if you flashed Voodoo kernel and still have rfs, most likely the conversion to ext4 didn't continue for a number of reasons. It could be that your sound was off and you couldn't hear the voice status messages and you thought it was hung on the Samsung logo. It could be that your battery was low and the conversion aborted on its own.

If you have installed the red CWM, check the voodoo option. It should show you the status of rfs to ext4 conversion. You can change lagfix setting to convert from rfs to ext4 on the next boot. Make sure you have sufficient battery and sound is turned up before you reboot after enabling lagfix from the voodoo option.

Hope it helps.

neemo6

May 31, 2011
Visit site
With phone off, I hold volume up + home + nd power buttons and all i get is the samsung screen logo nothing more. What could be wrong

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you flash something? If you did and its vodoo it will hang there for a 2-7 minutes converting your file system. If you flashed something and it hangs like that for 10 minutes. If it converted files to ext4,(vodoo) you will need to flash another vodoo kernel then disable the lagfix. Then you need to go back to odin and flash the Ed1 stock rom and go from there. make sure after you flash the stock rom you wipe the caches etc.

RS

Last edited:

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
can someone explain the difference between the different color cwm's? I have a yellow one. I think its yellow bc its a voodoo one or is it bc of the version?

Also im pretty voodoo is enabled for me(1500 quadrent score) but im trying to make sure from cwm. It says its disabled but im able use the voodoo control app?

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Gunnermike...got a question. Just switched over the the D1...things are a bit different with the Charge. :) I just finished rooting my phone and did everything I was supposed to do...even verified through the Terminal Emulator that I'm running the voodoo kernal...BUT, when I got into CWM and go to Voodoo, it shows the following:

CWM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v4.0.0.1

Voodoo lagfix is actually: disabled
next boot: disabled

Options:

/system lagfix conversion: no
debug mode: no

Can you explain this to me? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
T

zombiebot

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Gunnermike...got a question. Just switched over the the D1...things are a bit different with the Charge. :) I just finished rooting my phone and did everything I was supposed to do...even verified through the Terminal Emulator that I'm running the voodoo kernal...BUT, when I got into CWM and go to Voodoo, it shows the following:

CWM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v4.0.0.1

Voodoo lagfix is actually: disabled
next boot: disabled

Options:

/system lagfix conversion: no
debug mode: no

Can you explain this to me? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
T

If you look at imnuts CWM thread, he states that:

'Voodoo Lagfix status is not properly read from Recovery, use "adb mount" to verify your lagfix status'

Probably something being worked on.

Toniojonesw

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
i haved downloade the alter beast alpha but my camera doesnt work nor does the home button and my gallery. Can u tell me if it is something Im doing wrong.

Toniojonesw

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to unVoodoo

hello i downloded the alster beast alpha for my droid charge but i cnat get the camera home button or the gallery to work. can someone plz tell me what it is that i am doing wrong.

dgoralski

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi installed the altered beast zip went to reboot system when done. Phone seems to be stuck in the samsung logo loop. Any suggestions? Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia