Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wifi tether

So I rooted my phone, now how do I use wifi tether, or can you recommend any other apps, once verizon stops free mobile hotspot

Quote Originally Posted by rukshmani View Post
    So I rooted my phone, now how do I use wifi tether, or can you recommend any other apps, once verizon stops free mobile hotspot
    FYI, Verizon is suspending peoples accounts for doing unauthorized tethering.

Quote Originally Posted by elucid View Post
    FYI, Verizon is suspending peoples accounts for doing unauthorized tethering.
    Where did you read this? And how can they find out that you're tethering if you're rooted and using a third-party app, other than simply guessing based on data consumption?

ROM
    GummyCharged 175 / Voodoo

Originally Posted by rukshmani View Post
    "So I rooted my phone, now how do I use wifi tether, or can you recommend any other apps, once verizon stops free mobile hotspot"

"FYI, Verizon is suspending peoples accounts for doing unauthorized tethering."

i've only seen this on leaked gingerbread builds, i think i saw a source of this over at Droidlife, which is just a leaked info website.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

well until the 15th it is authorized and I dont think they can suspend your account for not using their tethering app, it says free tethering until the 15th not free tethering with verizon app only

just sayin
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Where can I find the app? I remember it was pulled from the market, and I thought I had it stored somewhere else but I can't find it. I remebered there were other options to DL it but I just can't recall them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by bellison41 View Post
    Where can I find the app? I remember it was pulled from the market, and I thought I had it stored somewhere else but I can't find it. I remebered there were other options to DL it but I just can't recall them at the moment.
    PDANET says version 3.0 prevents you carrier from detecting that you are tethered. Don't know if they are blowin smoke or not.

June Fabrics PDA Technology Group

Probably if you don't go crazy and used large amount of bandwidth, it should be OK YMMV. What is the big deal? All you are doing is using your laptop's keyboard and screen right?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bellison41 View Post
    android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting
    Thanked by:

What is the difference between using this and Barnacle (or other similar apps) on the Android market? I see it linked everywhere, but Barnacle works perfectly fine for me as of right now.

I'm new to the Android OS, so perhaps I'm missing some info that everyone is aware of?

Just different apps that do similar things.

Quote Originally Posted by KassaNovaKaine View Post
    What is the difference between using this and Barnacle (or other similar apps) on the Android market? I see it linked everywhere, but Barnacle works perfectly fine for me as of right now.

I'm new to the Android OS, so perhaps I'm missing some info that everyone is aware of?
    I can't get Barnacle to work LOL.
    I miss how easy tethering is from pure android phone. These work arounds suck.