Droid Charge and adb

ronlsjr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Does the Droid Charge work with the latest version of adb? I have all the requirements setup on my windows 7 and even on fedora Linux 15 and i can't push files remount system or anything all i get is device can't be found. I do tell it in windows 7 where my devise is located at G:/ and it don't do any good. All i want to do is get a permanent root and start installing new roms when they start becoming available and stable. I follow the commands step by step on android site.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Does the Droid Charge work with the latest version of adb? I have all the requirements setup on my windows 7 and even on fedora Linux 15 and i can't push files remount system or anything all i get is device can't be found. I do tell it in windows 7 where my devise is located at G:/ and it don't do any good. All i want to do is get a permanent root and start installing new roms when they start becoming available and stable. I follow the commands step by step on android site.

well my rom is available and very stable. but anyway ,

seems to me like either of the following is wrong
  • Drivers are not properly installed
  • Debuggin mode isnt on
  • You are not using level 1 USB ports, try switching to the back of the computer

[NOTE]Other things to be aware of
  • with the charge you do not need to be rooted to install roms
  • you can only root ED1 build , ED2 recoverys a custom kernel to be installed
  • if trying to root ED1 you can use Gingersnap to make your life easier
  • baseband and build are two different things dont assume you are on ED1 just because your baseband says so
[/NOTE]

ronlsjr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The drivers i think installed when i first pluged my phone in to windows 7. My windows and linux is both on laptops. This is my first time trying to use adb. When i was using my droidx i used the z4root. I ran the adb devices and it listed my device not by name but by a string of numbers. I did enable the usb debug.

ronlsjr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
When i got the phone i remember the guy said he is updating my software so yes i got the ed2. Where can i get your Rom? Yes i got the tools added to my path.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The drivers i think installed when i first pluged my phone in to windows 7. My windows and linux is both on laptops. This is my first time trying to use adb. When i was using my droidx i used the z4root. I ran the adb devices and it listed my device not by name but by a string of numbers. I did enable the usb debug.

alot of times when.you plug in the phone it installs generic drivers so those will not help you reaching an adb connection.

My rom can be found stickied to the charge roms and hacks section. You also find drivers downloads on that thread aswell. (which you will need)

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Ive been following this and xda for days and I am catching on now. I had the same problem with adb..but I was successful at getting the cmd to see my device. Only after I reinstalled the sdk. For some reason until I installed the whole thing it would nt work.some posts had said only one was needed to be checked.

However, after that I lost the usb drivers or something happened. Odin didn't see my device. so I took it out of debugging mode and reinstalled the drivers and viola!

I went on to ODIN to try the backup and am not sure this step it's essential. Is it basically safe to use the backup from someone else's phone as a fallback in case I need to exchange my phone?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ive been following this and xda for days and I am catching on now. I had the same problem with adb..but I was successful at getting the cmd to see my device. Only after I reinstalled the sdk. For some reason until I installed the whole thing it would nt work.some posts had said only one was needed to be checked.

However, after that I lost the usb drivers or something happened. Odin didn't see my device. so I took it out of debugging mode and reinstalled the drivers and viola!

I went on to ODIN to try the backup and am not sure this step it's essential. Is it basically safe to use the backup from someone else's phone as a fallback in case I need to exchange my phone?

I'm not sure what you mean . Odin is an installation tool, it does not do backups. You can make backups using your phones shell and then make then odin flashable but odin itself does not do that.

SDK should not have changed much there are only 3 files needed to create an adb connection the rest is not needed by the average user. Ill post a link to a small tutorial I did later.

If I was you I would simply get titanium backup from the market and use that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol