[ROM][EE4] GummyCHARGED 1.8 6/22/2011

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You need to install the SD card fix. You need a card reader and plug it in your computer to do this once you lock the card.

I installed it three times, once before installing GummyCharged and twice after installing GummyCharged. It made no difference. I used CWM to install it from zip file, which I already placed on my SD card before installing GummyCharged.

mmamo

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I installed it three times, once before installing GummyCharged and twice after installing GummyCharged. It made no difference. I used CWM to install it from zip file, which I already placed on my SD card before installing GummyCharged.
Make Sure you have the option checked either Mass Storage or Ask On Connection. This is under Settings USB Settings. Also Make sure you have USB Debugging off which is under Settings / Applications/ Developement. If this is not your issue then make sure you have the drivers installed for your phone on your computer. You can get them here...
http://forum.androidcentral.com/dro...charge-windows-drivers-w-direct-download.html

Hope it helps.

davel2430

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Gummy charged is pretty awesome I must say. My question is, how to I remove it to go back to stock so Verizon can't tell I messed with the phone? I dropped the phone earlier and got a crack on my screen (lucky I have insurance/warranty).

Thanks in advance!

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Make Sure you have the option checked either Mass Storage or Ask On Connection. This is under Settings USB Settings. Also Make sure you have USB Debugging off which is under Settings / Applications/ Developement. If this is not your issue then make sure you have the drivers installed for your phone on your computer. You can get them here...
http://forum.androidcentral.com/dro...charge-windows-drivers-w-direct-download.html

Hope it helps.

It worked after reinstalling the Samsung Drivers. Thank you!

I have another problem. If I root the phone but don't install the ROM, I am able to install Medscape and download the reference database. If I root the phone but then install the GummyCharged ROM, I am unable to download the reference database. I tried it three times today and it GummyCharged consistently did not allow MedScape to work. You see, the clinical database needs to be downloaded to the phone for offline usage, but for some reason when I install GummyCharge, I am unable to download it. Medscape gives me the error "internet connectivity was interrupted, please try again". I do not get this error if I simply root the phone without installing GummyCharged. I have not tested this with other ROMs yet but I personally like GummyCharged.

sixstrings78

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Just installed this and it is nice!!! Thanks for the hard work!! One question, has anyone else had their pics not show up in the gallery or in my files?? I just noticed that i cant access them. They are on my storage card with all my other files. When i try to access the pics, it get about 7 files with weird extensions but no pics. Anyone know how to fix this?

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Try taking the SD card out of the phone if you have an adapter and plug it into your computer to make sure the pictures are ok. Then try putting it back into the phone and open the gallery again.

sixstrings78

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Try taking the SD card out of the phone if you have an adapter and plug it into your computer to make sure the pictures are ok. Then try putting it back into the phone and open the gallery again.
nope, all i get is a photos.0 file. that's weird because i have never had a problem accessing the pics with any other gummy rom version

thegargeman

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I was very close to going back to Verizon after day 2 with the Charge's stock, cartoon-like UI. It's my first Droid and I never messed around with any of this high-level, rooting and roming with anything. The video on Youtube and all the other support on the forums made it so easy. Thanks guys! :D

Dhohn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love this rom... This may sound funny as it seems everyone loves asop everything..... But is there anyway to get the puzzle lockscreen back?

That is the onlythjngbi miss from from the stock rom.

Thanks in advance

diablospeed

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
guys.. I am getting a force close on Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps)... running gummy 1.8.5 and voodoo overclock...also getting android.process.acore force close. i'm guessing its a kernal issue?

Kabukiman

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
guys.. I am getting a force close on Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps)... running gummy 1.8.5 and voodoo overclock...also getting android.process.acore force close. i'm guessing its a kernal issue?

This happened to me when I was on vacation, I couldn't get my phone to do anything I ended up doing a factory reset and it fixed it. hasn't happened again.

wetwaterdog

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Just installed this rom....works great. Only issue was myverizon...but I got that fixed.

However....Samsung's Media Hub is no longer listed in the apps. When I bought the phone, there was a $25 credit for movies, tv. I would sure like to install that again to use up the credit.

Any suggestions on where I can get the apk. I checked the market and nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969