Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kejar31 View Post
    [CENTER]

[/BOX]-select "install zip from sdcard"
    -select "choose zip from sdcard"
    -find and select GummyChargedXX.zip
    -reboot[/BOX]
    When I'm in recovery mode, I don't have an option for "install zip from sdcard"

Any suggestions?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Quote Originally Posted by Veregund View Post
    When I'm in recovery mode, I don't have an option for "install zip from sdcard"

Any suggestions?
    You have to install CWM for the recovery spoken about here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Quote Originally Posted by rescueswimmer View Post
    Preferences tab to adjust lp setting etc

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    I use LP daily and my main Launcher and access the Preferences without an issue.. Try again

ROM
    AB; Gummy/CWM-Voodoo

Toying with trying out Gummy since you've got the ee4 update going now.
    Quick questions

Already running AB4.1.1 and I haven't installed ee4 at all. Will flashing to Gummy install e4 or will I need to flash stock and OTA for it first?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Latkje View Post
    Toying with trying out Gummy since you've got the ee4 update going now.
    Quick questions

Already running AB4.1.1 and I haven't installed ee4 at all. Will flashing to Gummy install e4 or will I need to flash stock and OTA for it first?
    Here is the quick and dirty instructions on going from a rooted ED2 install to a Rooted EE4 with GummyCharged

1. Install ED1 Root Odin found here on XDA (make sure you deactivate voodoo if you have it activated)
    2. Boot and let it OTA you to ED2 (stock)
    3. download the EE4 update found on this site and put it on the root of your SD card.. Rename that file to update.zip
    4. boot into stock recovery and select install update.zip.
    5. let it do its thing
    6. after booting and verifying that everything is working on EE4, install CWR from this thread via Odin
    7. Install a root Kernel via Odin or CWR for either voodoo or non voodoo depending on whether you want or know how to activate it.
    8. install Wipe data
    9. Install GummyCharged
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    AB; Gummy/CWM-Voodoo

Thanks kejar
    Now debating whether or not to do it now or after work tomorrow...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Latkje View Post
    Thanks kejar
    Now debating whether or not to do it now or after work tomorrow...

lol yea its a lot to download and will take some time.. So it might be best to do it tomorrow morning when you have a full battery

ROM
    AB; Gummy/CWM-Voodoo

Decided to be ******ed and stay up to do this.

>.>; -edit- Did the smart things and double backed in the thread...

After WAY to long I have Gummy on my charge. I'll post opinions on it when I've had time to play with it tomorrow.

-_-; for some reason my phone would not flash CWM after i messed up the first time. Had to reinstall AB to get the kernel to install properly...
    Last edited by Nash Latkje; 06-11-2011 at 03:13 AM.

has anyone had any problems getting their contacts backed up after installing gummycharge (since it requires to do a wipe data/factory reset)???

backup assistant won't work. and i really need to get my contacts back.

when i try to run backup assistant, i keep getting "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    ROM
    IMM30B 4.0.4 w/Leankernel

Quote Originally Posted by reflekt2099 View Post
    has anyone had any problems getting their contacts backed up after installing gummycharge (since it requires to do a wipe data/factory reset)???

backup assistant won't work. and i really need to get my contacts back.

when i try to run backup assistant, i keep getting "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
    did u have them backed up to ur google account by any chance?

Posted from AB 4.1.1 using Tapatalk
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    Albert Einstein
    extra storage for your 1+1 <<20GB *free* cloud>>
    pgp_public[key]

BTC: 1y5MEej1o4Akp8W6VPjB5wMqrMFzFkR7j
    Mahdi | Franco Kernel

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Veregund View Post
    Where in ROM Manager is this? I cant seem to find it.
    The CWM in ROM Manager does not work with the Charge so its kind of pointless for devs to put their ROMs there. Hopefully Koush can get his ROM Manager/CWM package to fully work without issues on the Charge, I know he was working on it.

Here is the quick and dirty instructions on going from a rooted ED2 install to a Rooted EE4 with GummyCharged

1. Install ED1 Root Odin found here on XDA (make sure you deactivate voodoo if you have it activated)
    2. Boot and let it OTA you to ED2 (stock)
    3. download the EE4 update found on this site and put it on the root of your SD card.. Rename that file to update.zip
    4. boot into stock recovery and select install update.zip.
    5. let it do its thing
    6. after booting and verifying that everything is working on EE4, install CWR from this thread via Odin
    7. Install a root Kernel via Odin or CWR for either voodoo or non voodoo depending on whether you want or know how to activate it.
    8. install Wipe data
    9. Install GummyCharged
    Is there a chance Steps 2-5 may be avoided altogether? The OTA update was recently made available to me. So even if I roll back to ED1, won't the system updates automatically upgrade me to the latest?

Kassa,
    That's what I did - seems to be fine for me right now

ROM
    GummyCharged 175 / Voodoo

Default AMAZING

Just wanted to say thanks Kejar31 Ive been running your Rom Which is amazingly smooth after taking these steps. This was my order also I was coming from Altered Beat Voodoo Kernel running red Clockwork. so here's what i did

1: Make a folder called disable-lagfix in sdcard/voodoo/ Reboot and wait for it to convert the ext4 system to frs, took me 10 Minutes.
    2: Run Stock downgrade from http://forum.androidcentral.com/char...1-05-18-a.html using Odin. Reboot
    3: Now running stock ed1 delete disable-lagfix folder, I did to go back to a voodoo kernel, then I Had the OTA waiting i bought my phone release day so i actually didn't need the update.zip of ee4 floating around I manually just installed and rebooted it from an OTA, , this reboots your phone. :Note it Never asked me for an ed2 OTA, ONLY ee4 ? straight to it, luckily that works for me
    4: Now running ee4 i used Odin and flash [RECOVERY][6-11-11]Clockwork Mod Recovery - xda-developers brand new yellow clock work with back enabled THANKYOU IMNUTS : note this was release Came out This morning and iIm so happy about it to see a near complete cwr running, yellow is a cool color too.
    5: Then flashed my voodoo kernel from [ROOT] [KERNEL] [RECOVERY] - Root / Voodoo Lagfix / CWM Recovery - xda-developers using VoodooKernel4, same for those that want it
    6: Even to this step i still Had all my apps, and Data working on the phone, But thought it might be a good time to factory reset, as coming from another rom, so after using quickboot to get into cwr i factory reset, then just continued to install zip from sdcard and flashed EE4 Rom GummyCharged 1.5 i had moved to my sdcard before step 5.
    BEEN running this phone the best I've ever seen since launch day, also running launcherpro plus, THANKS to all the Rom developers For all their Hardwork, Please give credit to where it's deserved. everyone who contributed deserves my thanks and beers on me.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Ok, so while my phone was just sitting on my table it appears to have accepted and installed EE4 without my accepting it. Is this correct based on this info below? If so I should just be able to flash CWM (latest version) and install the GummyCHARGED v1.5 and Voodoo Lagfix if I want to?

Baseband version
    i510.06 V.EE4
    SCH-I510-EE1

Kernel Version
    se.infra@SEI-07 #1

Build Number
    SCH-I510.EE4

can anyone please help me with getting my contacts back?

backup assistant is not working....

i'm going to flip out if i really lost all the hundreds of contacts i had.

It should be backed up to your Google account.....
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

can anyone please help me with getting my contacts back?

backup assistant is not working....

i'm going to flip out if i really lost all the hundreds of contacts i had.
    Install this through CWR.. It should give you Backup Assistant back.. Let me know if it doesn't work

Default EE4

I really enjoyed your v1 of this ROM, but I went through the process of updating my Charge to EE4 and had no luck setting up my Exchange and IMAP email accounts on the 1.5 release. I've reverted back to your v1(Baseband is still reading i510.06 V.EE4) and will keep checking to see when this issue is resolved. Thanks you for all of your hard work!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

Quote Originally Posted by miakins3 View Post
    I really enjoyed your v1 of this ROM, but I went through the process of updating my Charge to EE4 and had no luck setting up my Exchange and IMAP email accounts on the 1.5 release. I've reverted back to your v1(Baseband is still reading i510.06 V.EE4) and will keep checking to see when this issue is resolved. Thanks you for all of your hard work!
    Yep just tested and you are right.. the email app is not working... Let me see if I can get a fix out.. No guarantee that it will fix the exchange issues though

Yep just tested and you are right.. the email app is not working... Let me see if I can get a fix out.. No guarantee that it will fix the exchange issues though
    Thanks! I'll be sure to donate today. Keep up the GREAT work!

Install this through CWR.. It should give you Backup Assistant back.. Let me know if it doesn't work

kejar,

i tried to backup and it was downloading my contacts. but during the process, I got a forced closed message and the "process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." but instead of just pressing "OK". I left it alone, and i could tell that in the background, the contacts were still downloading. then after it seemed to finish, i then clicked "OK" to the android.process.acore message. and my contacts were fully backed up. thank God!!!!

seriously, thank you Kejar. you're a lifesaver.

however, the "process android.process.acore has stopped unexpedtedly" message is very odd. is this occurring due to Verizon's own problems with backup assistant? or is it resulting from the gummycharged ROM?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

kejar,

i tried to backup and it was downloading my contacts. but during the process, I got a forced closed message and the "process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." but instead of just pressing "OK". I left it alone, and i could tell that in the background, the contacts were still downloading. then after it seemed to finish, i then clicked "OK" to the android.process.acore message. and my contacts were fully backed up. thank God!!!!

seriously, thank you Kejar. you're a lifesaver.

however, the "process android.process.acore has stopped unexpedtedly" message is very odd. is this occurring due to Verizon's own problems with backup assistant? or is it resulting from the gummycharged ROM?
    Yea I think that acore message has to do with some changes I implemented into the AccountsAndSettings.apk... I will look into that for a later release but for now I am happy you go it working.

Default Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Kejar between this and PeanutButta Jelly Time from imnuts my phone is kickin @ss! Thank you both for all your hard work on this stuff. I am sure I can speak for all of us in saying that your work is really appreciated and we look forward to seeing more awesome stuff come our way from you.

I do have one question though. I did the lagfix and everything seems to have gone off just fine but in CWM under voodoo it says that it is disabled. Any ideas?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Kejar between this and PeanutButta Jelly Time from imnuts my phone is kickin @ss! Thank you both for all your hard work on this stuff. I am sure I can speak for all of us in saying that your work is really appreciated and we look forward to seeing more awesome stuff come our way from you.

I do have one question though. I did the lagfix and everything seems to have gone off just fine but in CWM under voodoo it says that it is disabled. Any ideas?
    TBH I am new to Samsung phones.. Only had mine about a week and a half.. that question might be best answered by imnuts
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast