Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kejar31 View Post
    TBH I am new to Samsung phones.. Only had mine about a week and a half.. that question might be best answered by imnuts
    Its cool. I figured it out, it seems that he knows about this and I am sure he is working on whats up. He mentioned this at the end of the updated post. Sometimes it helps to read the whole post LOL

ROM
    Just Unlocked/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Kejar between this and PeanutButta Jelly Time from imnuts my phone is kickin @ss! Thank you both for all your hard work on this stuff. I am sure I can speak for all of us in saying that your work is really appreciated and we look forward to seeing more awesome stuff come our way from you.

I do have one question though. I did the lagfix and everything seems to have gone off just fine but in CWM under voodoo it says that it is disabled. Any ideas?
    If you ever need to know for sure what file system type your using, start up a terminal emulator (can be found in the market). Type su and enter to switch to root user. Then run mount and it will either list your parts mounted as ext4 or rfs. If you see ext4 file systems are mounted then your lagfix is enabled.
    Drroooiiiiddddd

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.5

Is there any way I can retrieve the .apk for the Touchwiz email program? I have GummyCharged and it's awesome but don't really like the email program, it's different than the native Touchwiz email.

EDIT: I unzipped the EE4 update and copied the email apk to my phone, rebooted and installed it. Push email FTW.
    Last edited by Bravozero; 06-11-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Just Unlocked/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by miakins3 View Post
    I really enjoyed your v1 of this ROM, but I went through the process of updating my Charge to EE4 and had no luck setting up my Exchange and IMAP email accounts on the 1.5 release. I've reverted back to your v1(Baseband is still reading i510.06 V.EE4) and will keep checking to see when this issue is resolved. Thanks you for all of your hard work!
    I was having the issues with Exchange email and also lost my calendar when installing Gummy Charge. I seemed to have found a work around that works for me if others want to try. I followed these steps to get to EE4, with Voodoo and no problems with Exchange. I added a step where I install AB v3.

Odin back to rooted ED1.
    Accepted updates to EE4.
    Odin AB v3, let it enable Voodoo lagfix on reboot.
    Wiped and reset phone.
    Applied Gummy Charge from CWM.
    Wiped and reset phone.
    Let phone go ahead and boot up all the way and configured everything.

I was using the AB v3 just to get CWM on so I could apply Gummy Charge and noticed that I didn't have email or calendar issues doing it this way. I verified with mount my partitions are EXT4. I am experiencing the read only SD card on USB but I saw a fix for that I haven't messed with yet.

Is there any way to theme the phone to GB?

How do I get visual voicemail on this?

So if running ab4.1.1 i cant just simply wipe and install from zip?

I need to do all those steps going to ed1 OTA Ed2 OTA EE4 then cwr and install gummy from zip?

What do i do w vodoo lagfix?

Will i lose root/su?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    So if running ab4.1.1 i cant just simply wipe and install from zip?

I need to do all those steps going to ed1 OTA Ed2 OTA EE4 then cwr and install gummy from zip?

What do i do w vodoo lagfix?

Will i lose root/su?
    No you can simply wipe and install but you will not get the latest radio.. Even if you wanted to stay with AB and wanted the new radio you would have to follow the same process...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

Quote Originally Posted by KassaNovaKaine View Post
    How do I get visual voicemail on this?
    imnuts has it posted in his debloated thread.. install that it will work

[ROM][06-10-2011] EE4 Debloated V4.2.1 - xda-developers

Really fast.

Issue 1.) on AB V4.1.1 if you hit the menu button on the home screen "preferences" pops up as well as settings. Preferences allows you to go in and modify your settings for launcher pro (and plus if you have it). Your mod seems to be missing that which won't allow me to stop the 3D experimental app drawer.

If you could update that or let me know how to get launcher pro preferences back please let me know..

otherwise great work.
    Last edited by TheGoose; 06-12-2011 at 03:45 AM.

Silly question as I just flashed this build. Not a big deal but is the signal strength meter not themed to match yet? By the screen shots it is but after install mine is still gray. just want to make sure that is right or if something was wrong.

Great so far tho Kejar31. Really liking what I'm seeing so far. Keep up the great work. Peace

ROM
    Altered Beast V4

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    Really fast.

Issue 1.) on AB V4.1.1 if you hit the menu button on the home screen "preferences" pops up as well as settings. Preferences allows you to go in and modify your settings for launcher pro (and plus if you have it). Your mod seems to be missing that which won't allow me to stop the 3D experimental app drawer.

If you could update that or let me know how to get launcher pro preferences back please let me know..

otherwise great work.
    I asked the same ? then discovered this is the AOSP launcher from XDA not LP. Looks very close. So you can disable the AOSP launcher once you have LP or leave it in the background with no widgets and switch to LP
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

Quote Originally Posted by rescueswimmer View Post
    I asked the same ? then discovered this is the AOSP launcher from XDA not LP. Looks very close. So you can disable the AOSP launcher once you have LP or leave it in the background with no widgets and switch to LP
    this is Launcher2 built from source. It doesn't come from XDA but rather it comes from Google. But you are right this is not Launcher Pro.. You need to download that to get the options that come with it.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I apologize if this has been asked, but I've been searching on forums and have yet to see the answer I'm looking for. I've installed Gummy, but I keep getting a force close on the standard email. I see a fix for it...but can someone please tell me EXACTLY how to install the fix? Do I unzip it ot leave it zipped. Flash with Odin or CWM. Or if I completely reinstall Gummy, should it be fixed. Please help.

Thanks.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

Quote Originally Posted by jadaloves View Post
    I apologize if this has been asked, but I've been searching on forums and have yet to see the answer I'm looking for. I've installed Gummy, but I keep getting a force close on the standard email. I see a fix for it...but can someone please tell me EXACTLY how to install the fix? Do I unzip it ot leave it zipped. Flash with Odin or CWM. Or if I completely reinstall Gummy, should it be fixed. Please help.

Thanks.
    Install the Email Exchange fix just like you did the ROM though CWR but don't wipe data.. You did wipe data before installing Gummy, right... Cause if you didn't that could cause some of the FC's you are seeing.

Eitherway install the email fix and let me know if it works for ya.

Thanks to everyone. I did the GummyCharged With EE4 and Like it. I liked the AB Background but this is really clean. Nice Work.!!!!

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but others having MMS force close when you get a picture msg. I just flashed yesterday and got the first one since then and did not realize it Fc's when you try to view the pic.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

So stupid question here, how do I get my phone to boot into recovery on this ROM? Tried usual method of volume, home and power but didnt work.
    Droid Charge
    Eclipse v1.2/ imnuts PBJ OTB Edn
    If you like what I say, hit the Thanks button!

Global Posts
    5,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Odd, that is how it should boot in CWM. You can also try one of the reboot apps in the market.
    Drroooiiiiddddd

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by jkeene81 View Post
    So stupid question here, how do I get my phone to boot into recovery on this ROM? Tried usual method of volume, home and power but didnt work.
    Are you sure you have CWM installed? If you don't and you're running a different kernel than stock, then it will not boot into the stock recovery either from what I've experienced.

If you do, make sure you're pressing the Vol Up, Home and Power buttons, and once it comes on, release the Power button until CWM comes up.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #96  

Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd View Post
    I haven't seen it mentioned yet but others having MMS force close when you get a picture msg. I just flashed yesterday and got the first one since then and did not realize it Fc's when you try to view the pic.
    yea I wasn't aware of it either.. That is until today... Looking into it and will post a fix if and when I find one.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Odd, that is how it should boot in CWM. You can also try one of the reboot apps in the market.
    any one of those you would recommend?

yea I wasn't aware of it either.. That is until today... Looking into it and will post a fix if and when I find one.
    All good man. Appreciate your efforts as always.

Quote Originally Posted by jkeene81 View Post
    any one of those you would recommend?
    Simple free one is QuickBoot

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Install the Email Exchange fix just like you did the ROM though CWR but don't wipe data.. You did wipe data before installing Gummy, right... Cause if you didn't that could cause some of the FC's you are seeing.

Eitherway install the email fix and let me know if it works for ya.
    THANK YOU! Worked like a charm!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast