[ROM][EE4] GummyCHARGED 1.8 6/22/2011

sajo#AC

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Gummy CHARGED

Rev your Charge up and get ready cause this things fast!!!

Notes:
Select Settings-->Display settings-->Unlock screen-->Glass unlock to get incoming calls to show up with the AOSP lockscreen slider rather than the puzzle crap

* If coming from another ROM You MUST wipe before installing this

While this update is built on top EE4 with will work with ED2 although I do recommend upgrading to EE4.. Instructions on how to do that will come out later tonight

FABOLOUS for allowing me to use his Server to host Gummy Charged and letting me use his toolbox script to make mine!!! :)
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from.
DroidXcon for his help and patience with me while walking me thought the while Odin thing

Credits:
IMNUTS – His initial ed2 Debloated ROM was where I started on GummyCharged 1.0 (although GummyCharged 1.5 has a completely new base)

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM and Android source trees from Froyo and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- New Base built on top of EE4
- The only apps left from TW are Dialer, Contacts, Camera and Browser
- AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
- Latest Market included
- Black Gtalk – themed by me
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by me)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Keyboard Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- All apps optimized and zip aligned

More to come...

Known Issues:
- There are still some themes tweaks that need to be done but for the most part you will most likely not even notice.. Expect them to be resolve in a future release
- Some people are having issues with Exchange and may continue to do so until I get a chance to look into it

Disclaimer:
I take no responsibility for what this ROM may do to your phone.

Download:
MD5SUM
723cd9a546297bf9121a0bfed0a3108b
GummyCharged1.7.5

Updates:

Change Log:
-Finished the Theme (if you see a bug let me know)
*Remeoved the location icon
*Fixxed black on black text in many places thoughout
*Fixed white on white text when adding a contact
*removed the batter charged (credit imnuts)
*tweaked TW apps for an overall better more integrated look
-Removed
*MusicMoc (CM6's Music Player)
*Media Hub
*DLNA
*CM6's Filemanager
*CM6's Email app (was causing issues with Exchange)
-Added
*Google's Music player (the one used with Music Beta)
*CM7's Files-manager (compiled myself)
*Email app built from AOSP (fixes Exchange and other issues)
*Terminal Emulator
*Gummy Toolbox*******
-Fixed
*Email issues
*FC on contact deletes
*USB automounting (credit imnuts)

-Toolbox
*To access open Terminal Emulator and type $su the #gummytoolbox
*The toolbox will allow you to add back apps such as MediaHub, DLNA, MusicMod and VVM
*Much more to com from the toolbox down the road :)

Install:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select GummyChargedXX.zip
-reboot

Twitter:
Follow me on Twitter for Extra news and updates on GummyCharged @kejar31

Donate:
Donate if you like what we do by buying us a round of beers!
thanks for all your good work

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site

The icons for the notification bar are in the framework-res.apk. So to get the blue bubble icons back again you'd have to decompile the originally framework-res.apk and grab them from there. Then pull the current framework-res.apk in GC 1.7.5 and edit it by placing the icons you want in that one.

bottom line is it can be done but it would take some work. And if you haven;'t done it before I don't suggest doing it. Reason being is messing with framework-res.apk is touchy and one mess up will cause the device to bootloop more then likely.

Edit: Forgot or another option for here to make your life easy is to check out this link. It is a port of the AB Rom look for use with the GC ROM. So you could have here take a look at hte screen shots to see if she likes it. And btw it DOES have the icon in it she is looking for. http://forum.androidcentral.com/dro...rom-ee4-gummycharged-1-7-5-06-11-11-a-15.html

Last edited:

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
So, I tried the "GummyCharged"............. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into it. It's a decent rom, with that said, I prefer AB. GummyCharged themed with GummyBeast was okay but it was still lacking IMO. It seemed boring compared to the original. Only mentioning this as a form of healthy criticism. Like I said, I appreciate all the hard work and I love to see new dev. Thanks again guys. :D

One thing to note - GummyCHARGED is just a ROM with some improvements and debloating while keeping a mostly stock theme so that people can customize the look to their own preference. If you want a bunch of cool visual changes, you need to load a separate theme.

AB includes a theme as well, which is great for those who like that theme (I think it's pretty cool), but more difficult for those who want a more stock look.

navigatn714

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm still unable to play videos online (YouTube, MSN, etc). I had this problem since 1.0 and the fix in each update never worked for me. Wiped everything with each install and still no go. Every time I try to play a video online, it would start for 1sec and then I get a force close. What's weird is I can play YouTube vids just fine using the YouTube app.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm still unable to play videos online (YouTube, MSN, etc). I had this problem since 1.0 and the fix in each update never worked for me. Wiped everything with each install and still no go. Every time I try to play a video online, it would start for 1sec and then I get a force close. What's weird is I can play YouTube vids just fine using the YouTube app.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried reloading Flash from the market? I believe those are all flash players, so that would be your culprit. Also, maybe go to your applications and "Clear data" on flash.

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
One thing to note - GummyCHARGED is just a ROM with some improvements and debloating while keeping a mostly stock theme so that people can customize the look to their own preference. If you want a bunch of cool visual changes, you need to load a separate theme.

AB includes a theme as well, which is great for those who like that theme (I think it's pretty cool), but more difficult for those who want a more stock look.

Yea, I know that. I said I themed it with GummyBeast!? I was like it had the main theme down but it was missing all the small things. Whatever though - it's pick your poison - Coke or Pepsi.

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I know that. I said I themed it with GummyBeast!? I was like it had the main theme down but it was missing all the small things. Whatever though - it's pick your poison - Coke or Pepsi.

Right, I just wanted to clarify for any newbies reading your post about the difference between a regular ROM and a themed one.

New AB should be out in the next couple of days, too.

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Next favor I'm trying to demo out the Qriocity from sony. and I can't seem to find it in the app store via my phone. So I sent a query to google and they said if I was running a custom rom it might be the culprit can any of you guys see if it shows up for you. There is a QR code in the main page of AC. Thanks

RS
This appears to be working and showing as compatible for me now.

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
This appears to be working and showing as compatible for me now.

With the stock build.prop? Or did you edit with the info I posted a page or 2 back. Mind checking if MLB at Bat shows up on your setup also. I know last night MLB and the app discuss would NOT show up until after I edited my build.prop

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
With the stock build.prop? Or did you edit with the info I posted a page or 2 back. Mind checking if MLB at Bat shows up on your setup also. I know last night MLB and the app discuss would NOT show up until after I edited my build.prop

Mine's edited, but someone else pointed out it was working for them even on a non-root phone.

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine's edited, but someone else pointed out it was working for them even on a non-root phone.

Cool just wanted to make sure we were on the same page so there is no confusion.

Here is a link to an edited build.prop file so everything shows up correctly in the Market. It is exactly the same as what kejar31 has in this current build EXCEPT I edited the fingerprint line is all. Just grab the file and rename it by removing the info I put in front on build.prop ( ie "Edited-EE4-" ). Then using Root explorer replace your current build.prop in /system. once done reboot the device and you should be good to go

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14119868/Edited-EE4-build.prop

Last edited:

luistorresrn

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Gummy CHARGED

Rev your Charge up and get ready cause this things fast!!!

Notes:
Select Settings-->Display settings-->Unlock screen-->Glass unlock to get incoming calls to show up with the AOSP lockscreen slider rather than the puzzle crap

* If coming from another ROM You MUST wipe before installing this

While this update is built on top EE4 with will work with ED2 although I do recommend upgrading to EE4.. Instructions on how to do that will come out later tonight

FABOLOUS for allowing me to use his Server to host Gummy Charged and letting me use his toolbox script to make mine!!! :)
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from.
DroidXcon for his help and patience with me while walking me thought the while Odin thing

Credits:
IMNUTS – His initial ed2 Debloated ROM was where I started on GummyCharged 1.0 (although GummyCharged 1.5 has a completely new base)

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM and Android source trees from Froyo and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- New Base built on top of EE4
- The only apps left from TW are Dialer, Contacts, Camera and Browser
- AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
- Latest Market included
- Black Gtalk – themed by me
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by me)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Keyboard Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- All apps optimized and zip aligned

More to come...

Known Issues:
- There are still some themes tweaks that need to be done but for the most part you will most likely not even notice.. Expect them to be resolve in a future release
- Some people are having issues with Exchange and may continue to do so until I get a chance to look into it

Disclaimer:
I take no responsibility for what this ROM may do to your phone.

Download:
MD5SUM
723cd9a546297bf9121a0bfed0a3108b
GummyCharged1.7.5

Updates:

Change Log:
-Finished the Theme (if you see a bug let me know)
*Remeoved the location icon
*Fixxed black on black text in many places thoughout
*Fixed white on white text when adding a contact
*removed the batter charged (credit imnuts)
*tweaked TW apps for an overall better more integrated look
-Removed
*MusicMoc (CM6's Music Player)
*Media Hub
*DLNA
*CM6's Filemanager
*CM6's Email app (was causing issues with Exchange)
-Added
*Google's Music player (the one used with Music Beta)
*CM7's Files-manager (compiled myself)
*Email app built from AOSP (fixes Exchange and other issues)
*Terminal Emulator
*Gummy Toolbox*******
-Fixed
*Email issues
*FC on contact deletes
*USB automounting (credit imnuts)

-Toolbox
*To access open Terminal Emulator and type $su the #gummytoolbox
*The toolbox will allow you to add back apps such as MediaHub, DLNA, MusicMod and VVM
*Much more to com from the toolbox down the road :)

Install:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select GummyChargedXX.zip
-reboot

Twitter:
Follow me on Twitter for Extra news and updates on GummyCharged @kejar31

Donate:
Donate if you like what we do by buying us a round of beers!
You guys are awesome! I have been following these threads for quite some time and what you all do is pretty awesome. Thanks for making a huge difference in these phones trashed by verizon bloatware. I didn't think I would be able to ever flash a rom and have bricked my phone to hell a few times but was never really afraid because there was always this site to go to. Thanks to all the devs! You guys are amazing!

Jumpie

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Install the Email Exchange fix just like you did the ROM though CWR but don't wipe data.. You did wipe data before installing Gummy, right... Cause if you didn't that could cause some of the FC's you are seeing.

Eitherway install the email fix and let me know if it works for ya.
where is the email Exchange fix? I can't find it :-(

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know where I can download Media Hub. I remember one user asked this question and someone posted the link of the download. I still have my $25 gift card to spend. :eek:

ColSaulTigh

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know where I can download Media Hub. I remember one user asked this question and someone posted the link of the download. I still have my $25 gift card to spend. :eek:

If you ever find it, please let me know, as I want to re-install it as well. I bought 2 movies with my credit and I'd like to be able to watch them...

You're suppose to be able to restore it using Toolbox, but I can't get it to work for some reason.

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
To get Media Hub back you need to install the updated ToolBox then from there you can reinstall. If the info is not in the OP here check the thread over at XDA is has the info

sixstrings78

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
anyone know why it FC'S when i try to open an mms with the stock messenger? Also exactly how do i use the toolbox. i gave it su permissions but i dont know how to install apps after that. But again this is a really great rom for those of you who are still on the fence about installing it.