[ROM][EE4] GummyCHARGED 1.8 6/22/2011

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Where in ROM Manager is this? I cant seem to find it.

The CWM in ROM Manager does not work with the Charge so its kind of pointless for devs to put their ROM's there. Hopefully Koush can get his ROM Manager/CWM package to fully work without issues on the Charge, I know he was working on it.

anon(344812)

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Here is the quick and dirty instructions on going from a rooted ED2 install to a Rooted EE4 with GummyCharged

1. Install ED1 Root Odin found here on XDA (make sure you deactivate voodoo if you have it activated)
2. Boot and let it OTA you to ED2 (stock)
3. download the EE4 update found on this site and put it on the root of your SD card.. Rename that file to update.zip
4. boot into stock recovery and select install update.zip.
5. let it do its thing
6. after booting and verifying that everything is working on EE4, install CWR from this thread via Odin
7. Install a root Kernel via Odin or CWR for either voodoo or non voodoo depending on whether you want or know how to activate it.
8. install Wipe data
9. Install GummyCharged
Is there a chance Steps 2-5 may be avoided altogether? The OTA update was recently made available to me. So even if I roll back to ED1, won't the system updates automatically upgrade me to the latest?

dabomb420

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
AMAZING

Just wanted to say thanks Kejar31 Ive been running your Rom Which is amazingly smooth after taking these steps. This was my order also I was coming from Altered Beat Voodoo Kernel running red Clockwork. so here's what i did

1: Make a folder called disable-lagfix in sdcard/voodoo/ Reboot and wait for it to convert the ext4 system to frs, took me 10 Minutes.
2: Run Stock downgrade from http://forum.androidcentral.com/cha...ck-rooted-ed1-downgrade-ed2-2011-05-18-a.html using Odin. Reboot
3: Now running stock ed1 delete disable-lagfix folder, I did to go back to a voodoo kernel, then I Had the OTA waiting i bought my phone release day so i actually didn't need the update.zip of ee4 floating around I manually just installed and rebooted it from an OTA, , this reboots your phone. :Note it Never asked me for an ed2 OTA, ONLY ee4 ? straight to it, luckily that works for me
4: Now running ee4 i used Odin and flash [RECOVERY][6-11-11]Clockwork Mod Recovery - xda-developers brand new yellow clock work with back enabled THANKYOU IMNUTS : note this was release Came out This morning and iIm so happy about it to see a near complete cwr running, yellow is a cool color too.
5: Then flashed my voodoo kernel from [ROOT] [KERNEL] [RECOVERY] - Root / Voodoo Lagfix / CWM Recovery - xda-developers using VoodooKernel4, same for those that want it
6: Even to this step i still Had all my apps, and Data working on the phone, But thought it might be a good time to factory reset, as coming from another rom, so after using quickboot to get into cwr i factory reset, then just continued to install zip from sdcard and flashed EE4 Rom GummyCharged 1.5 i had moved to my sdcard before step 5.
BEEN running this phone the best I've ever seen since launch day, also running launcherpro plus, THANKS to all the Rom developers For all their Hardwork, Please give credit to where it's deserved. everyone who contributed deserves my thanks and beers on me.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so while my phone was just sitting on my table it appears to have accepted and installed EE4 without my accepting it. Is this correct based on this info below? If so I should just be able to flash CWM (latest version) and install the GummyCHARGED v1.5 and Voodoo Lagfix if I want to?

Baseband version
i510.06 V.EE4
SCH-I510-EE1

Kernel Version
se.infra@SEI-07 #1

Build Number
SCH-I510.EE4

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
can anyone please help me with getting my contacts back?

backup assistant is not working....

i'm going to flip out if i really lost all the hundreds of contacts i had.

miakins3

May 20, 2011
Visit site
EE4

I really enjoyed your v1 of this ROM, but I went through the process of updating my Charge to EE4 and had no luck setting up my Exchange and IMAP email accounts on the 1.5 release. I've reverted back to your v1(Baseband is still reading i510.06 V.EE4) and will keep checking to see when this issue is resolved. Thanks you for all of your hard work!

kejar31

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I really enjoyed your v1 of this ROM, but I went through the process of updating my Charge to EE4 and had no luck setting up my Exchange and IMAP email accounts on the 1.5 release. I've reverted back to your v1(Baseband is still reading i510.06 V.EE4) and will keep checking to see when this issue is resolved. Thanks you for all of your hard work!

Yep just tested and you are right.. the email app is not working... Let me see if I can get a fix out.. No guarantee that it will fix the exchange issues though

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Install this through CWR.. It should give you Backup Assistant back.. Let me know if it doesn't work

kejar,

i tried to backup and it was downloading my contacts. but during the process, I got a forced closed message and the "process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." but instead of just pressing "OK". I left it alone, and i could tell that in the background, the contacts were still downloading. then after it seemed to finish, i then clicked "OK" to the android.process.acore message. and my contacts were fully backed up. thank God!!!!

seriously, thank you Kejar. you're a lifesaver.

however, the "process android.process.acore has stopped unexpedtedly" message is very odd. is this occurring due to Verizon's own problems with backup assistant? or is it resulting from the gummycharged ROM?

kejar31

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
kejar,

i tried to backup and it was downloading my contacts. but during the process, I got a forced closed message and the "process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." but instead of just pressing "OK". I left it alone, and i could tell that in the background, the contacts were still downloading. then after it seemed to finish, i then clicked "OK" to the android.process.acore message. and my contacts were fully backed up. thank God!!!!

seriously, thank you Kejar. you're a lifesaver.

however, the "process android.process.acore has stopped unexpedtedly" message is very odd. is this occurring due to Verizon's own problems with backup assistant? or is it resulting from the gummycharged ROM?

Yea I think that acore message has to do with some changes I implemented into the AccountsAndSettings.apk... I will look into that for a later release but for now I am happy you go it working.

MikeS

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Kejar between this and PeanutButta Jelly Time from imnuts my phone is kickin @ss! Thank you both for all your hard work on this stuff. I am sure I can speak for all of us in saying that your work is really appreciated and we look forward to seeing more awesome stuff come our way from you.

I do have one question though. I did the lagfix and everything seems to have gone off just fine but in CWM under voodoo it says that it is disabled. Any ideas?

kejar31

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Kejar between this and PeanutButta Jelly Time from imnuts my phone is kickin @ss! Thank you both for all your hard work on this stuff. I am sure I can speak for all of us in saying that your work is really appreciated and we look forward to seeing more awesome stuff come our way from you.

I do have one question though. I did the lagfix and everything seems to have gone off just fine but in CWM under voodoo it says that it is disabled. Any ideas?

TBH I am new to Samsung phones.. Only had mine about a week and a half.. that question might be best answered by imnuts

MikeS

May 4, 2011
Visit site
TBH I am new to Samsung phones.. Only had mine about a week and a half.. that question might be best answered by imnuts

Its cool. I figured it out, it seems that he knows about this and I am sure he is working on whats up. He mentioned this at the end of the updated post. Sometimes it helps to read the whole post LOL

cwalter9

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

If you ever need to know for sure what file system type your using, start up a terminal emulator (can be found in the market). Type su and enter to switch to root user. Then run mount and it will either list your parts mounted as ext4 or rfs. If you see ext4 file systems are mounted then your lagfix is enabled.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way I can retrieve the .apk for the Touchwiz email program? I have GummyCharged and it's awesome but don't really like the email program, it's different than the native Touchwiz email.

EDIT: I unzipped the EE4 update and copied the email apk to my phone, rebooted and installed it. Push email FTW.

Last edited:
Reactions: 55

cwalter9

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I was having the issues with Exchange email and also lost my calendar when installing Gummy Charge. I seemed to have found a work around that works for me if others want to try. I followed these steps to get to EE4, with Voodoo and no problems with Exchange. I added a step where I install AB v3.

Odin back to rooted ED1.
Accepted updates to EE4.
Odin AB v3, let it enable Voodoo lagfix on reboot.
Wiped and reset phone.
Applied Gummy Charge from CWM.
Wiped and reset phone.
Let phone go ahead and boot up all the way and configured everything.

I was using the AB v3 just to get CWM on so I could apply Gummy Charge and noticed that I didn't have email or calendar issues doing it this way. I verified with mount my partitions are EXT4. I am experiencing the read only SD card on USB but I saw a fix for that I haven't messed with yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay