Unlock SIM for Samsung i510

chentivibe

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got my i510 for my friend in Israel but having a hard time unlocking the SIM so he can use out there. Samsung is telling me to get the code from Verizon but Verizon is saying they don't have the codes for Israel. Anyone know what's up with the unlocking of SIM? Is this even possible to do?
Thanks!

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got my i510 for my friend in Israel but having a hard time unlocking the SIM so he can use out there. Samsung is telling me to get the code from Verizon but Verizon is saying they don't have the codes for Israel. Anyone know what's up with the unlocking of SIM? Is this even possible to do?
Thanks!

Does Israel have a CDMA/LTE band 900 network? The Charge uses a SIM card to authenticate on the LTE network, but its certainly not a GSM device. Most foreign carriers that use SIM cards have GSM or W-CDMA (UMTS) networks, which the Charge definitely cannot run on. If Israel has a 3g network that's entirely compatible with VZW's network, it MAY work, but even then I don't know how the SIM would authenticate, since CDMA networks don't use SIM's (Verizon has built in the ability to authenticate in order to allow LTE phones to be compatible with their legacy networks).

Again, the Charge is NOT a world phone, the SIM card slot is NOT for roaming on foreign GSM networks. It is only for Verizon's domestic LTE network (and all their networks really, since these phones are not activated by their ESN, but by the SIM).

whitepearl86

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Does Israel have a CDMA/LTE band 900 network? The Charge uses a SIM card to authenticate on the LTE network, but its certainly not a GSM device. Most foreign carriers that use SIM cards have GSM or W-CDMA (UMTS) networks, which the Charge definitely cannot run on. If Israel has a 3g network that's entirely compatible with VZW's network, it MAY work, but even then I don't know how the SIM would authenticate, since CDMA networks don't use SIM's (Verizon has built in the ability to authenticate in order to allow LTE phones to be compatible with their legacy networks).

Again, the Charge is NOT a world phone, the SIM card slot is NOT for roaming on foreign GSM networks. It is only for Verizon's domestic LTE network (and all their networks really, since these phones are not activated by their ESN, but by the SIM).

Israel does have CDMA, when i was there my verizon phone was roaming off of other towers and i had excellent service. However, i don't think he will be able to run 4g in Israel..

robertjm

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon basically has CDMA-based 3g coverage over the entire country. However, when I look at the international coverage map on their website all they show is 3g coverage. Several friends on a trip we took were able to use their "american" Verizon phones just fine to make and receive calls.

If there is 4g coverage, it's probably by some other carrier, which is most likely using a different frequency range. This means the LTE SIM and/or radio would be worthless till Verizon starts installing LTE over there as well.

Ericsson to deploy 4G network for Partner

Robert

You know what, i could be wrong.

Google 4g coverage in israel. Many topics come up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12