Difference between baseband version and build number?

DawgPoundMBA

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference between baseband version and build number?

Currently my phone shows Baseband Version ED1 and Build number EE4, how is this affecting my phones functionality?

If I go back to stock and then update OTA to EE4 and then flash to AB5 will both be at EE4?

Do you think its worth it, what is the true benefit?

(Please provide links to other threads if this is answered already. I couldnt find it.)

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Baseband is the radio programming and has nothing to do with the ROM itself. The build # is relative to what software version the device is running

Btw your Baseband should have 2 lines top one should be EE4, and bottom will be EE1 if it is on your end then you have the current baseband.

Reactions: Producer Moe®

DawgPoundMBA

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Btw your Baseband should have 2 lines top one should be EE4, and bottom will be EE1 if it is on your end then you have the current baseband.

EE1 isnt anywhere. I see the following under baseband:

i510.06 V.ED1
SCH-I510.ED1

I see the following under Build number:

SCH-I510.EE4

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
EE1 isnt anywhere. I see the following under baseband:

i510.06 V.ED1
SCH-I510.ED1

I see the following under Build number:

SCH-I510.EE4

You are still on the Stock baseband if that is what you device is showing. However you have current software tho. Sounds to me like you did not take the OTA updtae or manually flash it before updating to an EE4 ROM.

Your Baseband should display as
i510.06 V.EE4
SCH-I510.EE1

DawgPoundMBA

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
You are still on the Stock baseband if that is what you device is showing. However you have current software tho. Sounds to me like you did not take the OTA updtae or manually flash it before updating to an EE4 ROM.

Your Baseband should display as
i510.06 V.EE4
SCH-I510.EE1

So what is the easiest way to get to where I need to be now? Do I go back to stock then do OTA then reflash in ODIN to AB5?

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Great thank you. So now that I am up and running with all my apps set AND the AB5 requires the data wipe, am I going to have to redo everything (since backup and restore isnt working on voodoo?)

No prob, and yes that would be correct. Or grab My Backup PRO or Titanium from the Market. then you can at least backup apps & data to restore after words. Normal system setting will have to get redone tho as well as widgets.

Producer Moe®

Jan 11, 2024
Visit site
Baseband is the radio programming and has nothing to do with the ROM itself. The build # is relative to what software version the device is running

So wait ...then why, (though my phone isn't a Linux distro) in the near 1-year experience of Linux activity & learning (continuous settings analyzation & configuring/awareness) am I just now seeing Baseband in my settings moments ago?

WHY, isn't there 2 lines (one above the other)? And why does it start with MOLY.NR15? This HAS to be new, because this is the first time I've seen this in my settings or anywhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110-223135.png
    Screenshot_20240110-223135.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 3

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
" data-source="post: 7184859" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
So wait ...then why, (though my phone isn't a Linux distro) in the near 1-year experience of Linux activity & learning (continuous settings analyzation & configuring/awareness) am I just now seeing Baseband in my settings moments ago?

WHY, isn't there 2 lines (one above the other)? And why does it start with MOLY.NR15? This HAS to be new, because this is the first time I've seen this in my settings or anywhere.
No offence, but you are replying to someone who hasn't been active in 4 years on a thread from 13 years ago. Have you considered that maybe you're awareness isn't quite as good as you think it is?

Reactions: Producer Moe®

Producer Moe®

Jan 11, 2024
Visit site
No offence, but you are replying to someone who hasn't been active in 4 years on a thread from 13 years ago. Have you considered that maybe you're awareness isn't quite as good as you think it is?
Oh.. I didn't look for the date. Well of course. I only barely got into Linux last May. I don't have a mentor or teacher to tell me when I am or when im about to mess up.
I have not been as aware, no.
Lessons learned for the best though.
Thanks again brotha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos