Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Difference between baseband version and build number?

    What is the difference between baseband version and build number?

    Currently my phone shows Baseband Version ED1 and Build number EE4, how is this affecting my phones functionality?

    If I go back to stock and then update OTA to EE4 and then flash to AB5 will both be at EE4?

    Do you think its worth it, what is the true benefit?

    (Please provide links to other threads if this is answered already. I couldnt find it.)
  2. #2  

    Default

    Baseband is the radio programming and has nothing to do with the ROM itself. The build # is relative to what software version the device is running

    Btw your Baseband should have 2 lines top one should be EE4, and bottom will be EE1 if it is on your end then you have the current baseband.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd View Post
    Btw your Baseband should have 2 lines top one should be EE4, and bottom will be EE1 if it is on your end then you have the current baseband.
    EE1 isnt anywhere. I see the following under baseband:

    i510.06 V.ED1
    SCH-I510.ED1

    I see the following under Build number:

    SCH-I510.EE4
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundMBA View Post
    EE1 isnt anywhere. I see the following under baseband:

    i510.06 V.ED1
    SCH-I510.ED1

    I see the following under Build number:

    SCH-I510.EE4
    You are still on the Stock baseband if that is what you device is showing. However you have current software tho. Sounds to me like you did not take the OTA updtae or manually flash it before updating to an EE4 ROM.

    Your Baseband should display as
    i510.06 V.EE4
    SCH-I510.EE1
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd View Post
    You are still on the Stock baseband if that is what you device is showing. However you have current software tho. Sounds to me like you did not take the OTA updtae or manually flash it before updating to an EE4 ROM.

    Your Baseband should display as
    i510.06 V.EE4
    SCH-I510.EE1
    So what is the easiest way to get to where I need to be now? Do I go back to stock then do OTA then reflash in ODIN to AB5?
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundMBA View Post
    So what is the easiest way to get to where I need to be now? Do I go back to stock then do OTA then reflash in ODIN to AB5?
    Correct. here is a write up that covers it all http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...rsion-ee4.html
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd View Post
    Correct. here is a write up that covers it all http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...rsion-ee4.html
    Great thank you. So now that I am up and running with all my apps set AND the AB5 requires the data wipe, am I going to have to redo everything (since backup and restore isnt working on voodoo?)
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundMBA View Post
    Great thank you. So now that I am up and running with all my apps set AND the AB5 requires the data wipe, am I going to have to redo everything (since backup and restore isnt working on voodoo?)
    No prob, and yes that would be correct. Or grab My Backup PRO or Titanium from the Market. then you can at least backup apps & data to restore after words. Normal system setting will have to get redone tho as well as widgets.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions