Newb questions

FastFlash

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
So i think i have a successful root/rom on my phone after following the instructions on this website. few questions though. how do i know if i have root access? i have an app called superuser on it now does that mean i have root? i flashed altered beast and everything looks good but i went into phone settings and now i have a system update to EE4? i was already updated to EE4 before the flash but does that means i have to update to it again or should i leave it not updated? i haven't added my gmail or any email accounts to my phone yet. it is freshly flashed. i attached a screen shot of my phone if that helps. also maybe some do and don'ts would be helpful or a link pointing me in the right direction. thanks for any and all help.

Last edited:

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
You are current and fully update to EE4 and have root access at this point. FYI by doing the OTA update that updated the radio programming ( ie 3g & LTE ). By flashing AB you have the current EE4 software update as well as root access now which is part of the flash

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
So i think i have a successful root/rom on my phone after following the instructions on this website. few questions though. how do i know if i have root access? i have an app called superuser on it now does that mean i have root? i flashed altered beast and everything looks good but i went into phone settings and now i have a system update to EE4? i was already updated to EE4 before the flash but does that means i have to update to it again or should i leave it not updated? i haven't added my gmail or any email accounts to my phone yet. it is freshly flashed. i attached a screen shot of my phone if that helps. also maybe some do and don'ts would be helpful or a link pointing me in the right direction. thanks for any and all help.

Aixelsyd is incorrect. You are NOT on EE4 - you downgraded yourself to ED2. You downloaded an older version of Altered Beast, and should get the new one and flash that.

The last line of your screen shot shows what firmware you are running. The .ED2 at the end means you are running ED2, not EE4.

Reactions: Aixelsyd

FastFlash

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
ok i thought that must have been the case but wasn't sure. like i said earlier i have the OTA EE4 update that is being pushed to my phone and i have been postponing it since i didn't know if i should. can you direct me on where to get the most current altered beast so that i will be updated to EE4. also i take it that i have to flash the new one the same way i did with the one i have now.

Last edited:

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non