How can I update to the new OTA update? (phone is rooted ED1)

BobbyRutgers

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Please bear with me, I just bought a new Droid Charge and it was already rooted. I believe it is running Altered Beast and CWM.

I would like to download the new OTA update that is available through my phone, but I just wanted to make sure if there was anything that I needed to do first since my phone is ED1 and the update says EE4 ?

I searched through threads here, and couldn't get a clear answer. Thank you guys :)

( screenshot of software versions on phone is attached )

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Please bear with me, I just bought a new Droid Charge and it was already rooted. I believe it is running Altered Beast and CWM.

I would like to download the new OTA update that is available through my phone, but I just wanted to make sure if there was anything that I needed to do first since my phone is ED1 and the update says EE4 ?

I searched through threads here, and couldn't get a clear answer. Thank you guys :)

( screenshot of software versions on phone is attached )

First, disable the Voodoo lagfix, either by booting in to CWM and doing it there, or creating a folder or file called disable-lagfix in your /voodoo folder on your SDCard, then rebooting so it can do the conversion.

Then, use Odin (just like you did to install AB) to flash one of these files. I did ED1 when I did what you are doing:
[ROM][STOCK][CWM]Stock ROMs - xda-developers

Then you can take your over the air update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke