my phone wont connect to odin?

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
i have it in download mode connected but it wont show up in the ID:COM section of odin and i cant flash anything. I downloaded the new drivers but it still says the device isnt recognized, im on junky windows xp 2003 for now xD. could someone help me :0 ( with connection lol )

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
I had this happen on my computer and after rebooting the computer and bringing it back up and opening Odin again it recognized my phone

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
i tried it. it didnt connect to my old computer either. it will let me edit files and stuff when its on but it wont connect in download mode

well actually it worked but it wont start the flashing. it says:<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> Enter CS for MD5..
<ID:0/007> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<ID:0/007> Please wait..
<ID:0/007> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/007> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
and its been like thatt for a bit

and i unplugged it and softbricked my phone -.- so now it wont flash and my phone is broken -.-

Last edited:

porkshanker

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this plenty with Odin .... something funny I noticed for me it only screws up with WIN7 on my XP laptop it works everytime. In WIN7 I had to end up finally just flash recovery CWM because everything else failed.

For the record it does detect your phone just doesnt flash correctly.

Bengie614

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
well this is frustrating....its been a while since i connected my charge to Odin. It would seem my phone doesn't like Odin anymore. Heres whats happening.

I start Odin 1.30 (Win7) PDA checked
connect phone via usb and boot into recovery (volume down +power)
Odin gives "0:[COM7] in yellow.

in the past i have used Odin to flash rooted ED1 then a few days later back to stock and it worked great.

What i have tried:

downloaded new copy of Odin, rebooted PC several times and tried but no go..... any ideas?

Bengie614

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
well...am i an idot? idk but i'm thinking the Yellow COM7 is normal and green is after flashing completes? sorry guys its 4 am and i am out of stuff to do at work to keep me awake :cool: i really hope i didn't waste anybodys time.