root file access

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I have an app that I use to compute fuel mileage stats that I've used for a long time on my Bionic. I exported the database file and was able to copy it off simply by plugging it into the computer and using windows explorer. Now, the app requires the database file to be put into a directory it creates in the root. On the Bionic, I was able to see the directory no problem, on the Maxx, I can't seem to get access when I plug it in. I even enabled USB debugging mode, but that didn't help. I put the file in my downloads directory, but the app is limited and will only look to its directory. Anybody run into something similar, or can offer any advice? Thanks...

Tim

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The app possibly only reads the file it originally created and can't read another file from another device. It likely creates a file with some sort of identify so it can read the contents. Do you still have your bionic?

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Does the app have settings for storage location? It might be that on the Bionic it was storing data on "SD Card" and on the MAXX defaulted to "On the Phone". While both of these locations will reside on your phone, the slight distinction is that "SD Card" location is accessible by file browsers, while "On the Phone" storage might not be.

Check the app settings for storage location

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
The app does let you export the database and stores it in a default folder called mileage on the internal device storage on the bionic. A couple months ago I had to do an FDR on the bionic, and was easily able to export the file, save it to my computer, then put it back on the phone once the FDR was complete. When I connect the MAXX to the computer, I definitely don't see the same directory structure like I did on the Bionic, it's much more limited, camera, music, downloads, etc.

I also checked in the app, there is no way to change the storage location. Anybody have any other ideas?

Here's the app btw...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evancharlton.mileage&hl=en

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Got it, downloaded ES file explorer and was able to copy and paste into the directory on the phone itself. For whatever reason, the directory doesn't show up when connected to the computer.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Got it, downloaded ES file explorer and was able to copy and paste into the directory on the phone itself. For whatever reason, the directory doesn't show up when connected to the computer.

Sounds like it's all sorted out?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670