Droid MAXX - Bootloader unlocked - Root away!

INGrep

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Questions for anyone that's unlocked the bootloader. Does it wipe your phone clean? If so, is there a way to back up and restore stuff such as messages? Some stuff I'd rather not lose. Loved moto migrate for that

Posted via Android Central App

I'd use SMS backup and restore. Once your messages are saved, take the backup file and transfer it to a computer until your phone is ready to be restored. When you reinstall all your apps, transfer the file back to your phone and use it to get your messages back.

pope3909

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Could someone PM me how to get in touch with the Chinese guys that are offering this service? I can't register on that Chinese website and I want my BL unlocked ASAP.

30MAR2014 EDIT:
Got the PM, thanks. Sent the cash via PayPal, but the guy said he was having trouble getting the code. Said I could either wait a few days for him to try again, or I apply for a refund.

Last edited:

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Been unlocked for days and LOVING IT! Was on rooted 4.2.2 but it was too hard to use Cydia and puttytel.

I went thru the eBay middleman. Very smooth transaction. Took 48 hrs.

Hope development flourishes now on this reborn device!

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

psychoD33x

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'd use SMS backup and restore. Once your messages are saved, take the backup file and transfer it to a computer until your phone is ready to be restored. When you reinstall all your apps, transfer the file back to your phone and use it to get your messages back.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the help

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Dan Rosenberg said it best. We need to take this into consideration when upgrading. The ability to modify phones becomes more difficult. The HTC one m8 is already rooted.

I just pray every day that alternate upgrades won't go away since it's such a small amount of customers....

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

Arzell

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried going through an eBay agent yesterday and was told the seller no longer had anymore codes at this time and could not provide a time when more would be available. Looks like I might have missed the boat.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

pope3909

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that this service is not currently available. I've been informed that I will be contacted if and when it is reinstated, but I have a feeling that it's gone for good. :'(

apaliy

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I just recently purchased the DROID MAXX just to find out that it can't be rooted. This has been the only helpful thread on this topic and I was wondering if anyone knows if the codes can still be purchased from the Chinese website. If it can, would anyone be willing to help me with the process? Any info and help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
AP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy