Droid MAXX - Bootloader unlocked - Root away!

DirtyTrees

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I used Motorola's page to unlock your boot loader yourself.. I am guessing it's because its non-dev. I am from 6/12/14 so I tried the Chinese guy. 3 days. No reply.

And the wait goes on.

Posted via the Android Central App

tgchamp

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanx for the suggestion... followed through with the TWRP and Entitlement apk and I am very happy with the install.

On a new note, I received one unlock code from the middle Chinese source previously mentioned in early August 2014 with no trouble...

I tried the process again on 8/25/2014 for another XT1080M and I never received an unlock code nor any responses from the provider after many attempts to contact through every means possible (paypal acount, gmail account, skype, etc.). I filed a claim and had Paypal refund my money for the second attempt.

Any other similar stories out there?

Is the middle man still working?

The first phone was assembled in 2014 and the second was late 2013... perhaps that is the issue.

Last edited:

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanx for the suggestion... followed through with the TWRP and Entitlement apk and I am very happy with the install.

On a new note, I received one unlock code from the middle Chinese source previously mentioned in early August 2014 with no trouble...

I tried the process again on 8/25/2014 for another XT1080M and I never received an unlock code nor any responses from the provider after many attempts to contact through every means possible (paypal acount, gmail account, skype, etc.). I filed a claim and had Paypal refund my money for the second attempt.

Any other similar stories out there?

Is the middle man still working?

The first phone was assembled in 2014 and the second was late 2013... perhaps that is the issue.
I thought the middleman had stated that all 2013 models couldn't get a code.

Keith Garwick

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
ok having some issues need help asap!!! my phone is unlocked however i was forced to do update and now it just keeps powering down and rebooting over and over. i followed all the steps to unlock bootloader, flash TWRP and root my device awhile back and everything was working great until now

Keith Garwick

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I was unable to apply the Motorola system update on my Droid Maxx non-DE (unlocked rooted TWRP) in the modified configuration. The simple solution that worked immediately was to download the stock ROM/Recovery image from Motorola and flash the phone back to original:

Get VZW Droid Maxx stock firmware, also for Droid Ultra/Mini | AndroMods

Flash the stock image with RSLight.

Then use your unlock code as before, unlock the boatload. Flash your custom recovery file (I prefer TWRP or Philz) with mfastboot, root with SU (I recommend Chainfire) and then restart the device. It's a bit of a pain, but it will work without fail.

Paulbukowski

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have an xt1080m Droid Maxx running 4.4. There are some pictures on it that were inadvertently deleted when someone entered the wrong code too many times. I need to unlock and root the phone so I can recover the pics.
I am new to this and don't know where to get the files needed to achieve this.
Is the Chinese unlock code thing still working?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

Paulbukowski

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have an xt1080m Droid Maxx running 4.4. There are some pictures on it that were inadvertently deleted when someone entered the wrong code too many times. I need to unlock and root the phone so I can recover the pics.
Thanks

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks
Use the Sunshine bootloader unlock.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Is the China man still sending out codes? I have a droid ultra xt1080 I would love to unlock the boot loader

Yes, AFAK, but availability of an unlock code depends on the phone assembly date (Settings -> About Phone -> Status and look at Assembled on date). If I remember correctly, china man has codes only for 2014 assembled phones. What you can do is send the payment with your IMEI and if code is not available - you'll get money refunded.

Tatsun

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
[SUB][/SUB]Just as a word of advice for anyone hoping to purchase an unlock code from the Chinese middleman, that you should now just do yourself the favor of saving your money or donating to XDA developers with hope they can get root access for your phone.

Myself, as well as many others have already sent the money via Paypal requesting unlock codes, only to not receive any responses or code whatsoever, but have also had to file disputes with Paypal to get refunds. Myself, and others have waited well over a week with not so much as an email response from the seller on Taobao. It's as if the guy just disappeared from the face of the planet. His ad IS still up and available on Taobao, but apparently is no longer doing business the previous way, if at all. Everyone I've spoken to has had the same issue of sending money, but not receiving the code, and any follow-up emails are ignored.

::SIGH:: Here's hoping JCase can get Sunshine to work on Droid Maxx running 4.4.4 sooner than later..........

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The last posts are reporting receiving refunds. There are few posts earlier where 4 users are complaining about not getting refunds. It's weird, if the most recent payment being refunded if codes are not available, why payment before are being held? It doesnt matter either way for me, but I still find it strange.

For whatever reason this unlock method no longer seems available, and there is universally no communication anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo