Droid MAXX - Bootloader unlocked - Root away!

M Farhan

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
i have motorola xt1080 i tried to unlock bootloader in this which you describe but in comand window cd fasterboot can not accept window. why

Sdw19881

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I could b wrong and these codes could b generated in a different way than I'm wondering but if a couple people who received a working code would b willing to provide their IMEI & unlock code in which they were provided I do believe one could hopefully see a pattern using math.. Just maybe the unlock codes are found by subtracting a certain number from the IMEI.. Or dividing the IMEI by a certain #... If people would provide the info I bet this is the case & the way for the rest of us to unlock our devices.. I bet each device has this sort of KEY to unlocking their bootloaders.. Each one having a different # that when put into an equation with the particular devices IMEI outputs the unlock code.. Now to find the willing participants to provide the info to determine if this b the case or not

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I could b wrong and these codes could b generated in a different way than I'm wondering but if a couple people who received a working code would b willing to provide their IMEI & unlock code in which they were provided I do believe one could hopefully see a pattern using math.. Just maybe the unlock codes are found by subtracting a certain number from the IMEI.. Or dividing the IMEI by a certain #... If people would provide the info I bet this is the case & the way for the rest of us to unlock our devices.. I bet each device has this sort of KEY to unlocking their bootloaders.. Each one having a different # that when put into an equation with the particular devices IMEI outputs the unlock code.. Now to find the willing participants to provide the info to determine if this b the case or not

Nope. Almost surely the unlock code is based on a cryptographic hash with some sort of salt, so it would take a supercomputer more time than the universe has existed in order to crack.

Here is a description of how the bootloader was locked and unlocked on the older Atrix phone, and how it was exploited to allow an unlock by an application. You'd have to do something like this to unlock the bootloader: Azimuth Security: Unlocking the Motorola Bootloader