How to root your Motorola Droid MAXX

Christopher Jones7

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I am trying to "root" my android maxx and am totally computer illiterate. Kinda. Trying to download disk digger and my device has to be rooted. Have my device linked to my computer with USB cord. And am stuck.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are computer illiterate don't even bother trying. There is only one method to root, it's incredibly complex and dangerous (to the phone) if you do even one small thing wrong. And I believe it wipes storage anyway, so you'll have lost anything that you're trying to find with diskdigger.

eleusis211

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum as well as others and I just want to confirm that my understanding is correct, which is that as of right now there is no possible way to root the Droid MAXX running Android 4.4.4. It sounds like the only option is to wait until Lollipop becomes available on this device. Is that correct?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum as well as others and I just want to confirm that my understanding is correct, which is that as of right now there is no possible way to root the Droid MAXX running Android 4.4.4. It sounds like the only option is to wait until Lollipop becomes available on this device. Is that correct?

As I said in my post above, there is a root method, but read the whole post to make sure you're up for it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3071609

I'd imagine that root will be harder to achieve with Lollipop than easier. I just think the major issue is that the people who look for root exploits just aren't bothering with the Maxx.