- 1 Posts
Screen Cracked on Droid Maxx. What do I do?
So after having my maxx for about two months I dropped it and it cracked. Besides the fact that it looks awful, the home button also doesn't work now. I took it to a local store and they told me I'd have to have the whole front panel replaced, which would run me close to $300. First of all does anyone know if that's true, or can I just get the glass replaced? Also is there any cheaper option? I've already talked to Verizon and they won't do anything except offer me a new phone at full price.
- 12-07-2014, 11:48 PM #2
- 3 Posts
Re: Screen Cracked on Droid Maxx. What do I do?
I imagine you had to make a decision by now. For anyone else that has this issue: Motorola will service your device directly. I checked on a broken screen Maxx recently and they were asking less than $150.00 for replacement service. You can go to motorola.com and/or call their 800 number to start a repair ticket. However, you will likely get a device that is already updated to 4.4.4 in return which would limit your development options (pre 4.4.3 may be unlocked with Sunshine). I would suggest purchasing a used device in good condition and starting over or doing a screen/motherboard swap.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-16-2015, 04:19 PM
- By InfinityMeep in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 01-12-2015, 12:36 PM
- By Michelle Carroll in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-06-2014, 02:32 AM
- By RicKaysen in forum LG G3Replies: 13Last Post: 07-23-2014, 06:07 PM
- By jackie crane in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-22-2014, 06:34 PM