Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Cracked on Droid Maxx. What do I do?

So after having my maxx for about two months I dropped it and it cracked. Besides the fact that it looks awful, the home button also doesn't work now. I took it to a local store and they told me I'd have to have the whole front panel replaced, which would run me close to $300. First of all does anyone know if that's true, or can I just get the glass replaced? Also is there any cheaper option? I've already talked to Verizon and they won't do anything except offer me a new phone at full price.

Default Re: Screen Cracked on Droid Maxx. What do I do?

I imagine you had to make a decision by now. For anyone else that has this issue: Motorola will service your device directly. I checked on a broken screen Maxx recently and they were asking less than $150.00 for replacement service. You can go to motorola.com and/or call their 800 number to start a repair ticket. However, you will likely get a device that is already updated to 4.4.4 in return which would limit your development options (pre 4.4.3 may be unlocked with Sunshine). I would suggest purchasing a used device in good condition and starting over or doing a screen/motherboard swap.