Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Is a mid-April Launch Date possible?

Quote Originally Posted by viskey View Post
    The pic on vzw shoes the workshop for the fighter on April 12. Not release date. I'm assuming the employees are getting trained on it that day and will be released later in the month. I expect some more leaked info to show up after the workshop....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the clarification.

I remember when I was following the Bionic's launch there was a ton of great information the flowed to the forums once Verizon started training their employee. In fact, I vaguely recall a thread where someone indicated they were fired because they released confidential information. (Not that I want to see anyone lose their job...)

Hopefully we'll hear more about the Fighter's specs and determine how it will compare to the HTC One X and the EVO LTE.

I would bet a liunch that no one on here, who could actually post the information, knows when this phone will be released, and knows the specs.
    C3H6N6O6 + (CH2)8(COOC8H17)2 + C4H8 + C5H8 = BOOM
    You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

for the time being i'm using my sister's Droid 2. Not too bad but coming from the X it's different haha.

Isn't there a conference late next week? If so, does anyone thing any major announcements will come out of it?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Well, it's the end of the work day on the East Coast on 04/12/12 and not a word was mentioned about the Motorola Fighter. Is anyone really that surprised?

I'm currently using a Droid X and I'm thinking about buying a HTC Rezound off of Craigslist and sitting on the sidelines for awhile. (I want to upgrade before Verizon implements their $30 fee on 04/22/12.) I just don't see any phone on Verizon at the moment that I would want to lock into for a two-year contract and I'm betting it will be months before anything arrives.

Hopefully either Motorola comes up with a great phone for Verizon or HTC supplies Verizon with a version of their One X. Time will tell....

I too am looking to upgrade from the X2. I've been eligible since November and have not found anything worth the hassle...what is this $30 fee?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth413 View Post
    I too am looking to upgrade from the X2. I've been eligible since November and have not found anything worth the hassle...what is this $30 fee?
    Here's a link to the Android Central report on Verizon's new $30 fee - click here

Based on the report I'm assuming if I buy a used phone on Craigslist after 04/22/12 I'll have to pay a $30 fee to have Verizon upgrade my phone.

There were posts following the AC report indicating the $30 charge is only applied if you buy a new phone from Verizon via their stores or online. It's unclear if the $30 charge applies to a used phone purchased from Craigslist or a new phone purchased from a compnay like Amazon.

Granted, it's only $30 but it's more about not giving Verizon any more money then they already get.

If you buy the phone from Best Buy they won't charge you those fees.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by envy View Post
    If you buy the phone from Best Buy they won't charge you those fees.
    Not true. ANY upgrade in which you sign a new contract you will have to pay the fee. It doesn't matter where you get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If you are just activating a different phone on the same line, will there be a fee? I thought it was only if you took the upgrade option to get a new phone from Verizon triggering a new two year agreement... buying a used phone and activating it shouldn't trigger this...

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by The89Tiger View Post
    If you are just activating a different phone on the same line, will there be a fee? I thought it was only if you took the upgrade option to get a new phone from Verizon triggering a new two year agreement... buying a used phone and activating it shouldn't trigger this...
    Since all you have to do is move the SIM card in a 4G phone, I doubt you'd get charged.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by The89Tiger View Post
    Exactly. Its only if you actually upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Not true. ANY upgrade in which you sign a new contract you will have to pay the fee. It doesn't matter where you get it.

I'm only repeating what the lady in the mobile section of best buy said. She was telling someone that they " do that here"
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm only repeating what the lady in the mobile section of best buy said. She was telling someone that they " do that here"
    She's an *****. :-P If you upgrade a phone and sign a new contract, you'll be paying the fee.

sorry... I meant " they don't do that here"

and she was telling the guy who was upgrading his phone to an iphone. and he took the phone w/ his upgrade...
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

sorry... I meant " they don't do that here"

and she was telling the guy who was upgrading his phone to an iphone. and he took the phone w/ his upgrade...
    She's still an *****. Verizon charges the fee, not best buy. If its like the activation fee, it will get added to your first bill of the new contract.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Quote Originally Posted by viskey View Post
    The pic on vzw shoes the workshop for the fighter on April 12. Not release date. I'm assuming the employees are getting trained on it that day and will be released later in the month. I expect some more leaked info to show up after the workshop....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Based on the absolute lack of any meaningful information about this phone I'm guessing the picture from the VZW screen was a total fabrication. Not only was the RAZR HD not launched on 04/12 I doubt there was any employee training either.

There are tons of rumors about the Samsung S3 and the next Apple iPhone but almost nothing about Motorola's next offering. I hope Motorola hits a home-run but I'm keeping my expectations low - especially if the leaked pictures that showed the huge bottom bezel prove to be true.

Concerning the original thread topic - the answer is NO.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Well, it's now over a month since the rumored launch date for the Razr HD and there's still nothing but silence emanating from Motorola. With every passing day this just reminds me more and more of the long wait and silence that was part of the Bionic's launch.

If Motorola was close to launching the Razr HD wouldn't they have displayed the phone at CTIA last week?

To a large degree, I've lost interest in the Razr HD. (Mostly due to the huge bezel that was shown at the bottom of the phone in one of the spy shots.) Maybe Motorola will pull-off a winner and release a great phone, but at this point I'd bet against it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
    Well, it's now over a month since the rumored launch date for the Razr HD and there's still nothing but silence emanating from Motorola. With every passing day this just reminds me more and more of the long wait and silence that was part of the Bionic's launch.

If Motorola was close to launching the Razr HD wouldn't they have displayed the phone at CTIA last week?

To a large degree, I've lost interest in the Razr HD. (Mostly due to the huge bezel that was shown at the bottom of the phone in one of the spy shots.) Maybe Motorola will pull-off a winner and release a great phone, but at this point I'd bet against it.
    There were two different phones, if I'm not mistaken. One had a huge bezel for capacitive keys, the other had a smaller one for on screen keys.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    There were two different phones, if I'm not mistaken. One had a huge bezel for capacitive keys, the other had a smaller one for on screen keys.
    Here's the link to the report I'm thinking of - click here

According to the report the Razr HD will use soft keys on the screen - leaving an almost 3/4" bezel of wasted space at the bottom of the phone.

Hopefully this is just a leak of a phone that will never reach production. Time will tell.....
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Here's the link to the report I'm thinking of - click here

According to the report the Razr HD will use soft keys on the screen - leaving an almost 3/4" bezel of wasted space at the bottom of the phone.

Hopefully this is just a leak of a phone that will never reach production. Time will tell.....
    That's not the fighter...
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

It's over a month later and I feel exactly the same way I did when I made that post.

Who wants to bet that the Razr will still be MIA (Missing in Action) at this point next month?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Maybe they don't want to leak much info so they can sell of as many RAZRs and MAXXs as possible before loading up on stock of new RAZR HDs?

Just a thought.

Its really bothering me not much info has been leaked. Still waiting I guess! Losing patience ..

Hopefully there is something wrong with the gsIII I'll be picking up so I can my way to a swap for the new Razr, something tells new it well be more than fourteen days between when I get my SIII and when they release the HD...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Quote Originally Posted by JCrome View Post
    Maybe they don't want to leak much info so they can sell of as many RAZRs and MAXXs as possible before loading up on stock of new RAZR HDs?

Just a thought.

Its really bothering me not much info has been leaked. Still waiting I guess! Losing patience ..
    While I follow your thought, I don't think that's the reason for the RAZR HD's delay.

In my opinion Motorola would be smart to adopt the "Good, Better, Best" pricing model from Sears and price the Razr at $99, the Maxx at $199 and the HD at $299. To the extent that Verizon has already lowered the price of the Razr and the Maxx to those levels in the past would suggest there's nothing to be gained by delaying the HD.

My bet, FWIW, is the delay is due to component availability and it will be at least another six to 12 weeks before the Razr HD is available for retail purchase. As always, time will tell....

I would think that we see something announced next week at the Google I/O. Or at least I hope.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast