Is a mid-April Launch Date possible?

andro1d

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
BOT. It's exactly 1 week out from the rumored release date. I've been scouring the internet for updates and leaks with no joy. I do not see this happening. I will be pleasantly surprised if proven wrong. But I will wait. I don't want a rushed device sitting and collecting dust because I need an update to keep it from freezing up.

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My Droid X finally died today, I was waiting for this device to come out though. Does anyone know if the mid April release is legit or just pipe dreams?

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping it comes out soon. I upgraded to the razr maxx, but returned it within 14 days as I didn't think it was a phone that would last (technology wise) for the next 2 years. It really seemed like a sped up droid x with a kick ass battery. It is tough going back to the dx, but a more advanced moto phone will be worth it.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
My Droid X finally died today, I was waiting for this device to come out though. Does anyone know if the mid April release is legit or just pipe dreams?

I'm no expert but I'm guessing the mid-April release date is just a pipe dream.

As I recall, the date for the Fighter's release was sourced from a screen shot from a Best Buy Computer - just like the screen shot that indicated the RAZR and RAZR MAXX would get ICS yesterday.....

viskey

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
The pic on vzw shoes the workshop for the fighter on April 12. Not release date. I'm assuming the employees are getting trained on it that day and will be released later in the month. I expect some more leaked info to show up after the workshop....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
The pic on vzw shoes the workshop for the fighter on April 12. Not release date. I'm assuming the employees are getting trained on it that day and will be released later in the month. I expect some more leaked info to show up after the workshop....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification.

I remember when I was following the Bionic's launch there was a ton of great information the flowed to the forums once Verizon started training their employee. In fact, I vaguely recall a thread where someone indicated they were fired because they released confidential information. (Not that I want to see anyone lose their job...)

Hopefully we'll hear more about the Fighter's specs and determine how it will compare to the HTC One X and the EVO LTE.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I would bet a liunch that no one on here, who could actually post the information, knows when this phone will be released, and knows the specs.:D

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
for the time being i'm using my sister's Droid 2. Not too bad but coming from the X it's different haha.

Isn't there a conference late next week? If so, does anyone thing any major announcements will come out of it?

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's the end of the work day on the East Coast on 04/12/12 and not a word was mentioned about the Motorola Fighter. Is anyone really that surprised?

I'm currently using a Droid X and I'm thinking about buying a HTC Rezound off of Craigslist and sitting on the sidelines for awhile. (I want to upgrade before Verizon implements their $30 fee on 04/22/12.) I just don't see any phone on Verizon at the moment that I would want to lock into for a two-year contract and I'm betting it will be months before anything arrives.

Hopefully either Motorola comes up with a great phone for Verizon or HTC supplies Verizon with a version of their One X. Time will tell....

Upnorth413

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I too am looking to upgrade from the X2. I've been eligible since November and have not found anything worth the hassle...what is this $30 fee?

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I too am looking to upgrade from the X2. I've been eligible since November and have not found anything worth the hassle...what is this $30 fee?

Here's a link to the Android Central report on Verizon's new $30 fee - click here

Based on the report I'm assuming if I buy a used phone on Craigslist after 04/22/12 I'll have to pay a $30 fee to have Verizon upgrade my phone.

There were posts following the AC report indicating the $30 charge is only applied if you buy a new phone from Verizon via their stores or online. It's unclear if the $30 charge applies to a used phone purchased from Craigslist or a new phone purchased from a compnay like Amazon.

Granted, it's only $30 but it's more about not giving Verizon any more money then they already get. :(

The89Tiger

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
If you are just activating a different phone on the same line, will there be a fee? I thought it was only if you took the upgrade option to get a new phone from Verizon triggering a new two year agreement... buying a used phone and activating it shouldn't trigger this...

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you are just activating a different phone on the same line, will there be a fee? I thought it was only if you took the upgrade option to get a new phone from Verizon triggering a new two year agreement... buying a used phone and activating it shouldn't trigger this...

Since all you have to do is move the SIM card in a 4G phone, I doubt you'd get charged.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Exactly. Its only if you actually upgrade.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

envy

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Not true. ANY upgrade in which you sign a new contract you will have to pay the fee. It doesn't matter where you get it.

I'm only repeating what the lady in the mobile section of best buy said. She was telling someone that they " do that here"

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm only repeating what the lady in the mobile section of best buy said. She was telling someone that they " do that here"

She's an idiot. :p If you upgrade a phone and sign a new contract, you'll be paying the fee.

envy

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
sorry... I meant " they don't do that here"

and she was telling the guy who was upgrading his phone to an iphone. and he took the phone w/ his upgrade...

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
sorry... I meant " they don't do that here"

and she was telling the guy who was upgrading his phone to an iphone. and he took the phone w/ his upgrade...

She's still an idiot. Verizon charges the fee, not best buy. If its like the activation fee, it will get added to your first bill of the new contract.