Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Will it be the Droid Fighter or the Droid RAZR MAXX HD?

I'll add that I have been told that the LG Ally uses a replaceable polymer battery.
    C3H6N6O6 + (CH2)8(COOC8H17)2 + C4H8 + C5H8 = BOOM
    You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RETG View Post
    Not a debate, but could you post some information that says it is not feasible and is not safe? As i stated, add some thin plates to stiffen the battery. Honestly, I can bend a LI-ION battery, bent one on my BB a few years ago.

As for entire back removal, isn't that done on quite a few phones already?
    I'm sure they could add some thin plates for bracing or some sort of support structure. However, just adding a few plates would have required them to find some space in a phone with not a lot of available internal real estate. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they just had space constraints and couldn't find the room. Besides after having the Maxx now for a while I haven't had a reason yet to take the back off or battery out. Just my 2c.

I am looking at the Droid Razr MAXX, to purchase next week, but heard of this new phone coming supposedly to Verizon in April, the Droid Fighter. Will it possibly be a better phone then the Razr MAXX? Will it have a better display, better camera, better processor and the same battery as the MAXX? The question is...Should I wait? Will it be even thinner with the same robust battery of the MAXX? How long will I most likely have to wait? And last, does it matter if I upgrade to 4.0 on the MAXX, or have it native on Fighter? Is there a difference and worth waiting for?

I think a lot of people are wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by micirwin View Post
    I am looking at the Droid Razr MAXX, to purchase next week, but heard of this new phone coming supposedly to Verizon in April, the Droid Fighter. Will it possibly be a better phone then the Razr MAXX? Will it have a better display, better camera, better processor and the same battery as the MAXX? The question is...Should I wait? Will it be even thinner with the same robust battery of the MAXX? How long will I most likely have to wait? And last, does it matter if I upgrade to 4.0 on the MAXX, or have it native on Fighter? Is there a difference and worth waiting for?
    I went ahead and made the leap for the RAZR MAXX today. I look at it this way, the MAXX has phenomenal battery life from what I see on my friends phone and it is exactly what I need. Another thing too is that there will always be something bigger and better coming out so if you wait for the Droid Fighter then I am sure this Fall something else more sexy will come out.

I REALLY like the name "Fighter". In an age where marketing has catered to politically correct overtones ad nauseum, a good, solid, powerful name like "Fighter" is a selling point. Alas, at this rate it will probably be the Moto-flower by release.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by andro1d View Post
    I REALLY like the name "Fighter". In an age where marketing has catered to politically correct overtones ad nauseum, a good, solid, powerful name like "Fighter" is a selling point. Alas, at this rate it will probably be the Moto-flower by release.
    The Fighter name has grown on me too.

That said, I'm sticking with my bet that the Fighter name will be dropped and some interation of RAZR will be used instead. I'm sure the corporate types in Motorola feel they have too much equity in the RAZR brand to drop it and launch a new phone as the Fighter.

Time will tell and I've certainly been wrong in the past.....

Global Posts
    1,337 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well its 4-11-12 and talk about the Fighter has been scarce even tho the speculated release date is 4-12-12.

Any other info?

Definitely not being released tomorrow.

ROM
    Eclipse

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this post on DROID LIFE.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/04/13...hat-direction/

I guess this should answer everyone's question as far as names go. I was expecting it to be called the Razr HD. So far, this phone is only getting better as far as specs go. I hope it is released soon!
    XDCX likes this.

Good find droidfan!
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Quote Originally Posted by QuadCam View Post
    Good find droidfan!
    I agree.

Now that the naming issue's been resolved I guess we'll have to wait to hear what the specs are going to be and when the RAZR HD is going to be released.

Concerning the release date, there was a thread on XDA Developers that had a post stating the RAZR HD would be released in June. Time will tell.....
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
    I agree.

Now that the naming issue's been resolved I guess we'll have to wait to hear what the specs are going to be and when the RAZR HD is going to be released.

Concerning the release date, there was a thread on XDA Developers that had a post stating the RAZR HD would be released in June. Time will tell.....
    June would be reasonable. It would also avoid getting swallowed up by new iPhone hype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Motorola is most likely sticking with Droid Fighter. Currently I work for Verizon and we have accessories stating for Droid Fighter cases and screen protectors will be available to order. However there's still no exact date when it will be launched but I would say look for it in late May or early June.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DnCxRabbit View Post
    Motorola is most likely sticking with Droid Fighter. Currently I work for Verizon and we have accessories stating for Droid Fighter cases and screen protectors will be available to order. However there's still no exact date when it will be launched but I would say look for it in late May or early June.
    The galaxy nexus also had accessories that said nexus prime on them, so...

Droid RAZR HD is far more likely.

Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    The galaxy nexus also had accessories that said nexus prime on them, so...

Droid RAZR HD is far more likely.

Agreed.

DROID Fighter is a silly name.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

IMHO after everything I've read about this phone coming up, I believe there will be an update to the current razr maxx with an HD screen and then in a couple months the the 4.6" screen 13MP (droid fighter) razr that's been popping up on the web. I've done so much reading on these next upcoming moto razr phones cuz its def what I want next. 4.6" screen is just to big though for me so I really hope the next one will be that HD 4.3" screen. Would buy a razr maxx now but if there's one complaint I hear about this great phone is that the screen could be better. So I'll wait a little longer.......definitely counting down the days
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rayzup478 View Post
    IMHO after everything I've read about this phone coming up, I believe there will be an update to the current razr maxx with an HD screen and then in a couple months the the 4.6" screen 13MP (droid fighter) razr that's been popping up on the web. I've done so much reading on these next upcoming moto razr phones cuz its def what I want next. 4.6" screen is just to big though for me so I really hope the next one will be that HD 4.3" screen. Would buy a razr maxx now but if there's one complaint I hear about this great phone is that the screen could be better. So I'll wait a little longer.......definitely counting down the days
    They won't be doing that. The next phone will be the bigger screened maxx follow up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12