Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 113
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #76  
    jcrome04's Avatar

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    That's sad. I must have been a lucky one cause it is an amazing phone!

    Can't wait to see specs of this fighter. Or RAZR HD. Nothing has really been worth using my upgrade.

    Its disappointing that the SGSIII is still a plastic POS... nothing has matched the feel/build quality of Moto IMO
  2. #77  
    CypherMax's Avatar

    Posts
    334 Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

    Default

    I am torn between the Galaxy S3 and the would be Droid Razr HD. I'm a huge fan of Motorola build quality. But the GS3 is a nice *** phone. Yea its plastic put every early review or hands on I've read stated it feels great in your hand and is nice and light.

    Plus the screen size on the GS3 is PERFECT! If the Razr HD has anything smaller then 4.6 then I'll go got the GS3.

    Also Samsung has some awesome software features in there that almost sell the phone on that alone.

    What it comes down to is if Motorola can't make the Razr HD with at least a 4.6 inch screen decent battery on par with GS3 and a faster chip then the current Razrs...then my mind is already made up.
    Sent from my Galaxy S3 Running CleanROM 5.5.1
  3. #78  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    My upgrade is available today, and I really want this phone. Should I wait until it comes out, or go for the Razr Max? Any word on when the HD will be out?

    D
  4. #79  
    Serial Fordicator's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by don.fief View Post
    My upgrade is available today, and I really want this phone. Should I wait until it comes out, or go for the Razr Max? Any word on when the HD will be out?

    D
    August due to the availability of the krait

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  5. #80  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    What is 'krait', and how sure are you about August? Where did you hear that date?

    Don
  6. #81  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,222 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by don.fief View Post
    What is 'krait', and how sure are you about August? Where did you hear that date?

    Don
    S4
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  7. #82  
    Serial Fordicator's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by don.fief View Post
    What is 'krait', and how sure are you about August? Where did you hear that date?

    Don
    Rather not say, don't want to get them in trouble
  8. #83  
    DC Damien's Avatar

    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    So its sounding like GS3 might hit June or July and then the new RAZR August. Two new phones for the summer.
  9. #84  
    matt0715's Avatar

    Posts
    410 Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

    Default

    After seeing how ics looks on blur, I really want this!

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  10. #85  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,222 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Rather not say, don't want to get them in trouble
    Lol

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  11. #86  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Until moto becomes more developer friendly or gets updates quicker I am going to stay away. They lock down their phones so tight it is way to difficult to install a leaked update from them not to mention the inability to revert back to stock. With htc becoming more dev friendly it is really going to be tough for moto.
  12. #87  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,222 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Until moto becomes more developer friendly or gets updates quicker I am going to stay away. They lock down their phones so tight it is way to difficult to install a leaked update from them not to mention the inability to revert back to stock. With htc becoming more dev friendly it is really going to be tough for moto.
    Moto's already behind in market share. I don't think being dev friendly means all that much to them.

    Hasn't Sony, like HTC, become more dev friendly too? How's their market share doing?

    I see your point. And the enthusiast community definitely backs that view up. However, I don't see regular customers caring all that much about a phone being dev friendly.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    jroc likes this.
  13. #88  
    venious's Avatar

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

    Default

    This Fighter is from old school Moto. I just hacked on my wife's Droid pro for hours today, and I'd like to punch Jha in the eye. I'm not buying another moto phone until there is evidence of a different direction and policy change after Google's acquisition.

    Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile
    Premium1 likes this.
  14. #89  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Moto's already behind in market share. I don't think being dev friendly means all that much to them.

    Hasn't Sony, like HTC, become more dev friendly too? How's their market share doing?

    I see your point. And the enthusiast community definitely backs that view up. However, I don't see regular customers caring all that much about a phone being dev friendly.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    I also said about updates which that alone would bring them more customers if they didnt take so long to update their phones.
  15. #90  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by venious View Post
    This Fighter is from old school Moto. I just hacked on my wife's Droid pro for hours today, and I'd like to punch Jha in the eye. I'm not buying another moto phone until there is evidence of a different direction and policy change after Google's acquisition.

    Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile
    Agree, you have to jump through hoops and hurdles to get the phone to actually work. Jha ruined moto.
  16. #91  
    jcrome04's Avatar

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Who updates their phones.... "fast"


    I miss 2.0 on the OG Droid with the round unlock wheel
    Ry likes this.
  17. #92  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Moto's already behind in market share. I don't think being dev friendly means all that much to them.

    Hasn't Sony, like HTC, become more dev friendly too? How's their market share doing?

    I see your point. And the enthusiast community definitely backs that view up. However, I don't see regular customers caring all that much about a phone being dev friendly.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    We (Regular Customers) dont! We simply want a phone that's nice and reliable. One that doesn't have to be baby sat to keep it charged or modified to make it work right. Love my Maxx and if the HD version of it is exactly the same with a nicer display I will attempt to move to it. If I can't, then I'm still going to be just fine.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    and again....the rumor mill has dried up on this phone.

    Never have I been so anxious for a phone. Likely, it's do to my again droid X.
  19. #94  
    QBert's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Moto had better release some info soon about this device or they are going to lose a lot of potential buyers to Sammy, myself included. I have been very happy with Moto and my DroidX, but I also have an upgrade I'm itching to use, and so far the S3 is in the lead to take my money.
  20. #95  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,222 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QBert View Post
    Moto had better release some info soon about this device or they are going to lose a lot of potential buyers to Sammy, myself included. I have been very happy with Moto and my DroidX, but I also have an upgrade I'm itching to use, and so far the S3 is in the lead to take my money.
    Regular consumers have no clue about this phone.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #96  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Regular consumers have no clue about this phone.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    which is exactly why Motorola (or verizon) should release some official info about this phone to keep all the droid x users who bought back in July 2010 DX release. All those DX owners have upgrades soon or already! I, too, have been very please with the Moto build quality and would prefer to buy a moto product over a sammy or htc.
  22. #97  
    jcrome04's Avatar

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Growing impatient....... >_<
  23. #98  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by QuadCam View Post
    which is exactly why Motorola (or verizon) should release some official info about this phone to keep all the droid x users who bought back in July 2010 DX release. All those DX owners have upgrades soon or already! I, too, have been very please with the Moto build quality and would prefer to buy a moto product over a sammy or htc.
    What good would the above do? Especially if the phone isn't ready to go, or they are having problems with its development or etc? Maybe Motorola learned something after the Bionic fiasco.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  24. #99  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QBert View Post
    Moto had better release some info soon about this device or they are going to lose a lot of potential buyers to Sammy, myself included. I have been very happy with Moto and my DroidX, but I also have an upgrade I'm itching to use, and so far the S3 is in the lead to take my money.
    Things like this could explain why Samsung is tops in sales.
    I think you have a pretty valid point. People have a phone 2 years and upgrade time rolls around, they want to use it. They look at what's out and what's coming soon.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  25. #100  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,222 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    What good would the above do? Especially if the phone isn't ready to go, or they are having problems with its development or etc? Maybe Motorola learned something after the Bionic fiasco.
    It feels like more and more manufacturers and carriers want to keep the window between announcement and release small - usually one month to six weeks.

    Verizon and Motorola will announce this phone when it's ready.

    To regular customers, this phone doesn't exist yet.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B