Awfully quiet about this phone

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Until moto becomes more developer friendly or gets updates quicker I am going to stay away. They lock down their phones so tight it is way to difficult to install a leaked update from them not to mention the inability to revert back to stock. With htc becoming more dev friendly it is really going to be tough for moto.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Until moto becomes more developer friendly or gets updates quicker I am going to stay away. They lock down their phones so tight it is way to difficult to install a leaked update from them not to mention the inability to revert back to stock. With htc becoming more dev friendly it is really going to be tough for moto.

Moto's already behind in market share. I don't think being dev friendly means all that much to them.

Hasn't Sony, like HTC, become more dev friendly too? How's their market share doing?

I see your point. And the enthusiast community definitely backs that view up. However, I don't see regular customers caring all that much about a phone being dev friendly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This Fighter is from old school Moto. I just hacked on my wife's Droid pro for hours today, and I'd like to punch Jha in the eye. I'm not buying another moto phone until there is evidence of a different direction and policy change after Google's acquisition.

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Moto's already behind in market share. I don't think being dev friendly means all that much to them.

Hasn't Sony, like HTC, become more dev friendly too? How's their market share doing?

I see your point. And the enthusiast community definitely backs that view up. However, I don't see regular customers caring all that much about a phone being dev friendly.

I also said about updates which that alone would bring them more customers if they didnt take so long to update their phones.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
This Fighter is from old school Moto. I just hacked on my wife's Droid pro for hours today, and I'd like to punch Jha in the eye. I'm not buying another moto phone until there is evidence of a different direction and policy change after Google's acquisition.

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

Agree, you have to jump through hoops and hurdles to get the phone to actually work. Jha ruined moto.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site

We (Regular Customers) dont! We simply want a phone that's nice and reliable. One that doesn't have to be baby sat to keep it charged or modified to make it work right. Love my Maxx and if the HD version of it is exactly the same with a nicer display I will attempt to move to it. If I can't, then I'm still going to be just fine.

Reactions: Ry

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
and again....the rumor mill has dried up on this phone.

Never have I been so anxious for a phone. Likely, it's do to my again droid X.

QBert

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Moto had better release some info soon about this device or they are going to lose a lot of potential buyers to Sammy, myself included. I have been very happy with Moto and my DroidX, but I also have an upgrade I'm itching to use, and so far the S3 is in the lead to take my money.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto had better release some info soon about this device or they are going to lose a lot of potential buyers to Sammy, myself included. I have been very happy with Moto and my DroidX, but I also have an upgrade I'm itching to use, and so far the S3 is in the lead to take my money.

Regular consumers have no clue about this phone.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Regular consumers have no clue about this phone.

which is exactly why Motorola (or verizon) should release some official info about this phone to keep all the droid x users who bought back in July 2010 DX release. All those DX owners have upgrades soon or already! I, too, have been very please with the Moto build quality and would prefer to buy a moto product over a sammy or htc.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
which is exactly why Motorola (or verizon) should release some official info about this phone to keep all the droid x users who bought back in July 2010 DX release. All those DX owners have upgrades soon or already! I, too, have been very please with the Moto build quality and would prefer to buy a moto product over a sammy or htc.

What good would the above do? Especially if the phone isn't ready to go, or they are having problems with its development or etc? Maybe Motorola learned something after the Bionic fiasco.

Reactions: Ry

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Things like this could explain why Samsung is tops in sales.
I think you have a pretty valid point. People have a phone 2 years and upgrade time rolls around, they want to use it. They look at what's out and what's coming soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What good would the above do? Especially if the phone isn't ready to go, or they are having problems with its development or etc? Maybe Motorola learned something after the Bionic fiasco.

It feels like more and more manufacturers and carriers want to keep the window between announcement and release small - usually one month to six weeks.

Verizon and Motorola will announce this phone when it's ready.

To regular customers, this phone doesn't exist yet.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2