Awfully quiet about this phone

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I guess the rumor mills have died down on this phone. I sure hope motorola will step up soon and bring a top-tier phone to verizon. The maxx was okay, but it isn't anything more than an updated droid x. i enjoyed the maxx for 14 but returned it. The best feature was the battery, but it wasn't worth burning an upgrade for.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The Fighter is only two days away from its rumored release and there's been nothing significant revealed about this phone over the past two weeks.

I never thought the April 12th date was realistic but I was hoping we'd hear more about the phone by this point.

Hopefully the Fighter will be competitive with the HTC One X - time will tell.....

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Too bad it has quieted down. Sometimes there just aren't enough leaks about devices. This one has me curious.

viskey

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Everyone keeps forgetting the leaked photo of vzw internal system showing this device was for a workshop on 4-12. It is not a release date but an employee training date. I expect by end of month or may. Its usually not long after training that it is released

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I went into a Verizon store with three employees and only one knew of this phone. He does not think it will come out for a couple of months yet. I hope he is wrong. It's been 5 years since I have upgraded and I am ready for a new phone.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly what happened with the RAZR. We had an initial leak (of almost identical type of pictures), and then nothing. Expect a press conference or something of that sort sometime in May or June.

ZMixon

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have been following this phone for about two months now and I was REALLY hoping it would be out soon... I cannot afford to wait much longer as my current phone is going to be cut from all services ((Microsoft announced it)).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I guess the rumor mills have died down on this phone. I sure hope motorola will step up soon and bring a top-tier phone to verizon. The maxx was okay, but it isn't anything more than an updated droid x. i enjoyed the maxx for 14 but returned it. The best feature was the battery, but it wasn't worth burning an upgrade for.

..more like updated DROID RAZR. :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been following this phone for about two months now and I was REALLY hoping it would be out soon... I cannot afford to wait much longer as my current phone is going to be cut from all services ((Microsoft announced it)).

..wait. You bought a Kin?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
and the fighter is just the maxx with an upgraded screen. Moto seems to be going the apple way with only small upgrades except apple waits a year moto waits 3 months.

No, it isn't. At the very least it will have a drastically better camera and screen. At most it will have a completely new processor and LTE baseband.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
and the fighter is just the maxx with an upgraded screen. Moto seems to be going the apple way with only small upgrades except apple waits a year moto waits 3 months.

If it's three months that is quite a bit longer than the time between the Bionic, RAZR and Maxx.

ZMixon

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
..wait. You bought a Kin?

Oh no! My OG Droid gave up the ghost and all we had as a back up phone was the HTC Imagio a family member of ours gave to us almost two years ago. I realize I said 6.x, but it's running 6.5. Sorry for the confusion.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's a new post over on DROID Life about the new Razr HD. Post has pics and shows you what the device should look like when released along with a few specs that make the phone sound like a must have.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/04/21/droid-razr-hd-will-essentially-look-just-like-this-device/

I'm really excited for this phone and can't wait to get my hands on one!

Thanks for posting the link - that was interesting.

Am I correct in my understanding that the RAZR HD will use on-screen buttons like the Gnex so a 4.7" screen is really a 4.3" screen when you're browsing the Internet or using an App? If so, that would explain all of the complaining about the size of the bezel in the comments section of the report you posted.

Maybe I'm wrong and the on screen buttons are similar to the HTC One X where you get to use 100% of your screen size when surfing the Internet or using an App.

It's great to hear the battery is going to be huge but I'd be inclined to wait for Verizon's version of the One X if the RAZR HD actually has a huge bezel at the bottom of the phone or on-screen buttons that reduce the screen size to the equivalent of my Droid X.

DROIDFANX2

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting the link - that was interesting.

Am I correct in my understanding that the RAZR HD will use on-screen buttons like the Gnex so a 4.7" screen is really a 4.3" screen when you're browsing the Internet or using an App? If so, that would explain all of the complaining about the size of the bezel in the comments section of the report you posted.

Maybe I'm wrong and the on screen buttons are similar to the HTC One X where you get to use 100% of your screen size when surfing the Internet or using an App.

It's great to hear the battery is going to be huge but I'd be inclined to wait for Verizon's version of the One X if the RAZR HD actually has a huge bezel at the bottom of the phone or on-screen buttons that reduce the screen size to the equivalent of my Droid X.

The on on screen buttons that the Fighter is supposedly going to have will function exactly like the Galaxy Nexus'. They will be available for use while doing all normal operations such as on home screens, settings, browsing the web, etc., but if you use an app that is optimized for ICS and on on screen buttons, such as YouTube or a game, the buttons will disappear giving you the entire 4.7-4.65" screen. The buttons will not be similar to the One X because the One X has capacitive buttons not on screen buttons.

If you really are interested in the Verizon version of the One X, then look no further because the Incredible 4G is probably the only version they are going to ever get. It is actually more like the One S, but both are quite similar. Here's a link to a DL post on it.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/04/11/first-incredible-4g-render-surfaces-blurry-cam-photos-too/

I personally am not a fan of the Incredible 4G and would not purchase it over the Droid Figher/Razr HD because the Fighter will have a bigger, better HD screen, a 3300mah battery and a overall better hardware design IMO. I'm sure I left a few things out, but I think you get my point.

Also, I wouldn't take what the people over at DROID Life are saying too seriously. Most of them are just Galaxy Nexus fans and hate every other phone that isn't a Nexus.

DROIDFANX2

May 7, 2011
Visit site
For those concerned with the bezel size of the Fighter vs the Nexus, here is a side by side. I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the bezel on the Razr HD. It really looks about the same as the Nexus....maybe a little bigger.

Sorry for the somewhat crappy quality. I did a quick crop of both pics and tried to put them together best as I could in short time. The nexus pic looks like it is slightly more zoomed in than the Fighter's pic, so maybe imagine the Nexus slightly smaller. Like I said, it was a quick crop job....

razr-hd.jpg
[/IMG]

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
No, it isn't. At the very least it will have a drastically better camera and screen. At most it will have a completely new processor and LTE baseband.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

moto camera's suck plain and simple and the shots from pictures showed the same sensor which affects the camera not # of mp.