Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 113
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Awfully quiet about this phone

    I guess the rumor mills have died down on this phone. I sure hope motorola will step up soon and bring a top-tier phone to verizon. The maxx was okay, but it isn't anything more than an updated droid x. i enjoyed the maxx for 14 but returned it. The best feature was the battery, but it wasn't worth burning an upgrade for.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The Fighter is only two days away from its rumored release and there's been nothing significant revealed about this phone over the past two weeks.

    I never thought the April 12th date was realistic but I was hoping we'd hear more about the phone by this point.

    Hopefully the Fighter will be competitive with the HTC One X - time will tell.....
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    when was the last time Big Red released a phone on it's rumored release date. let alone 6 mo later..
  4. #4  
    Averix's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on most

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Too bad it has quieted down. Sometimes there just aren't enough leaks about devices. This one has me curious.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Everyone keeps forgetting the leaked photo of vzw internal system showing this device was for a workshop on 4-12. It is not a release date but an employee training date. I expect by end of month or may. Its usually not long after training that it is released

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    I went into a Verizon store with three employees and only one knew of this phone. He does not think it will come out for a couple of months yet. I hope he is wrong. It's been 5 years since I have upgraded and I am ready for a new phone.
    annonymous1 likes this.
  7. #7  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    This is exactly what happened with the RAZR. We had an initial leak (of almost identical type of pictures), and then nothing. Expect a press conference or something of that sort sometime in May or June.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    I have been following this phone for about two months now and I was REALLY hoping it would be out soon... I cannot afford to wait much longer as my current phone is going to be cut from all services ((Microsoft announced it)).
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    I will be out of the country for two weeks. I hope there is some news when I get back!
  10. #10  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,197 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuadCam View Post
    I guess the rumor mills have died down on this phone. I sure hope motorola will step up soon and bring a top-tier phone to verizon. The maxx was okay, but it isn't anything more than an updated droid x. i enjoyed the maxx for 14 but returned it. The best feature was the battery, but it wasn't worth burning an upgrade for.
    ..more like updated DROID RAZR.
  11. #11  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,197 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZMixon View Post
    I have been following this phone for about two months now and I was REALLY hoping it would be out soon... I cannot afford to wait much longer as my current phone is going to be cut from all services ((Microsoft announced it)).
    ..wait. You bought a Kin?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    ..more like updated DROID RAZR.
    and the fighter is just the maxx with an upgraded screen. Moto seems to be going the apple way with only small upgrades except apple waits a year moto waits 3 months.
  13. #13  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    and the fighter is just the maxx with an upgraded screen. Moto seems to be going the apple way with only small upgrades except apple waits a year moto waits 3 months.
    No, it isn't. At the very least it will have a drastically better camera and screen. At most it will have a completely new processor and LTE baseband.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    and the fighter is just the maxx with an upgraded screen. Moto seems to be going the apple way with only small upgrades except apple waits a year moto waits 3 months.
    If it's three months that is quite a bit longer than the time between the Bionic, RAZR and Maxx.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    ..wait. You bought a Kin?
    Oh no! My OG Droid gave up the ghost and all we had as a back up phone was the HTC Imagio a family member of ours gave to us almost two years ago. I realize I said 6.x, but it's running 6.5. Sorry for the confusion.
  16. #16  
    DROIDFANX2's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Here's a new post over on DROID Life about the new Razr HD. Post has pics and shows you what the device should look like when released along with a few specs that make the phone sound like a must have.



    I'm really excited for this phone and can't wait to get my hands on one!
    Thanked by:
    XDCX 
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by DROIDFANX2 View Post
    Here's a new post over on DROID Life about the new Razr HD. Post has pics and shows you what the device should look like when released along with a few specs that make the phone sound like a must have.



    I'm really excited for this phone and can't wait to get my hands on one!
    Thanks for posting the link - that was interesting.

    Am I correct in my understanding that the RAZR HD will use on-screen buttons like the Gnex so a 4.7" screen is really a 4.3" screen when you're browsing the Internet or using an App? If so, that would explain all of the complaining about the size of the bezel in the comments section of the report you posted.

    Maybe I'm wrong and the on screen buttons are similar to the HTC One X where you get to use 100% of your screen size when surfing the Internet or using an App.

    It's great to hear the battery is going to be huge but I'd be inclined to wait for Verizon's version of the One X if the RAZR HD actually has a huge bezel at the bottom of the phone or on-screen buttons that reduce the screen size to the equivalent of my Droid X.
  18. #18  
    DROIDFANX2's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
    Thanks for posting the link - that was interesting.

    Am I correct in my understanding that the RAZR HD will use on-screen buttons like the Gnex so a 4.7" screen is really a 4.3" screen when you're browsing the Internet or using an App? If so, that would explain all of the complaining about the size of the bezel in the comments section of the report you posted.

    Maybe I'm wrong and the on screen buttons are similar to the HTC One X where you get to use 100% of your screen size when surfing the Internet or using an App.

    It's great to hear the battery is going to be huge but I'd be inclined to wait for Verizon's version of the One X if the RAZR HD actually has a huge bezel at the bottom of the phone or on-screen buttons that reduce the screen size to the equivalent of my Droid X.
    The on on screen buttons that the Fighter is supposedly going to have will function exactly like the Galaxy Nexus'. They will be available for use while doing all normal operations such as on home screens, settings, browsing the web, etc., but if you use an app that is optimized for ICS and on on screen buttons, such as YouTube or a game, the buttons will disappear giving you the entire 4.7-4.65" screen. The buttons will not be similar to the One X because the One X has capacitive buttons not on screen buttons.

    If you really are interested in the Verizon version of the One X, then look no further because the Incredible 4G is probably the only version they are going to ever get. It is actually more like the One S, but both are quite similar. Here's a link to a DL post on it.



    I personally am not a fan of the Incredible 4G and would not purchase it over the Droid Figher/Razr HD because the Fighter will have a bigger, better HD screen, a 3300mah battery and a overall better hardware design IMO. I'm sure I left a few things out, but I think you get my point.

    Also, I wouldn't take what the people over at DROID Life are saying too seriously. Most of them are just Galaxy Nexus fans and hate every other phone that isn't a Nexus.
  19. #19  
    DROIDFANX2's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    For those concerned with the bezel size of the Fighter vs the Nexus, here is a side by side. I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the bezel on the Razr HD. It really looks about the same as the Nexus....maybe a little bigger.

    Sorry for the somewhat crappy quality. I did a quick crop of both pics and tried to put them together best as I could in short time. The nexus pic looks like it is slightly more zoomed in than the Fighter's pic, so maybe imagine the Nexus slightly smaller. Like I said, it was a quick crop job....

    [IMG][/IMG]
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    No, it isn't. At the very least it will have a drastically better camera and screen. At most it will have a completely new processor and LTE baseband.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    moto camera's suck plain and simple and the shots from pictures showed the same sensor which affects the camera not # of mp.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by DROIDFANX2 View Post
    The on on screen buttons that the Fighter is supposedly going to have will function exactly like the Galaxy Nexus'. They will be available for use while doing all normal operations such as on home screens, settings, browsing the web, etc., but if you use an app that is optimized for ICS and on on screen buttons, such as YouTube or a game, the buttons will disappear giving you the entire 4.7-4.65" screen. The buttons will not be similar to the One X because the One X has capacitive buttons not on screen buttons.
    Thanks for the clarification.

    Quote Originally Posted by DROIDFANX2 View Post
    If you really are interested in the Verizon version of the One X, then look no further because the Incredible 4G is probably the only version they are going to ever get. It is actually more like the One S, but both are quite similar. Here's a link to a DL post on it.



    I personally am not a fan of the Incredible 4G and would not purchase it over the Droid Figher/Razr HD because the Fighter will have a bigger, better HD screen, a 3300mah battery and a overall better hardware design IMO. I'm sure I left a few things out, but I think you get my point.
    I agree the Droid incredible is mostly a rehashed version of the One S and I have no interest in the phone - it actually seems like a downgrade from the HTC Rezound that Verizon currently offers.

    My bet is Verizon will eventually get a One X variant that they'll likely market to the original Thunderbolt owners who will be coming off contract later this year. (I also think HTC granted an initial period of exclusivity of the One X to AT&T)
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by DROIDFANX2 View Post
    For those concerned with the bezel size of the Fighter vs the Nexus, here is a side by side. I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the bezel on the Razr HD. It really looks about the same as the Nexus....maybe a little bigger.
    For me, that huge bezel's a deal breaker - why didn't Motorola use that space for capacitive buttons?

    I spend most of my time using my phone to surf the Internet and read email - that means the 4.6" screen will likely be the same or slightly smaller than the 4.3" screen I currently have with my Droid X. To me it appears there's almost a half inch of glass bezel at the bottom of the phone and another quarter inch of plastic bezel. I know Motorola needs space to jam in the massive battery but I'd rather have a thicker phone than one that has a 3/4" bezel.

    Hopefully Verizon will get HTC to build them a variant of the EVO LTE and improve upon the One X with a bigger battery, removable storage and a kickstand.
    k6tcher likes this.
  23. #23  
    DROIDFANX2's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
    For me, that huge bezel's a deal breaker - why didn't Motorola use that space for capacitive buttons?

    I spend most of my time using my phone to surf the Internet and read email - that means the 4.6" screen will likely be the same or slightly smaller than the 4.3" screen I currently have with my Droid X. To me it appears there's almost a half inch of glass bezel at the bottom of the phone and another quarter inch of plastic bezel. I know Motorola needs space to jam in the massive battery but I'd rather have a thicker phone than one that has a 3/4" bezel.

    Hopefully Verizon will get HTC to build them a variant of the EVO LTE and improve upon the One X with a bigger battery, removable storage and a kickstand.
    I have a DROID X2, so I know where your coming from. The slightly larger bezel, for me, definitely is not a deal breaker though as long as the rest of the phone is top notch. From what I've seen, it will be one heck of a hard phone to beat, at least spec wise. Although, an EVO variant for Verizon would be pretty cool, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    Quote Originally Posted by DROIDFANX2 View Post
    Although, an EVO variant for Verizon would be pretty cool, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
    I agree - I think will be at least 4 - 6 months before an EVO variant arrives at Verizon but I do think it will happen. If HTC wants to have a great 2012 they need to offer a premium phone on Verizon and Verizon's going to want something for all the T-Bolt owners who will be dropping off contract later this year.

    I'm thinking about just buying a cheap Droid RAZR off of Craigslist to check-out my data consumption with LTE. Currently I have Unlimited Data but I might be willing to give that up and switch to AT&T and buy a One X. Radio Shack is offering the One X for $149 and I'm sure there will be other deals once the phone's been out for a month or so.

    Concerning the RAZR HD - it will be interesting to see how it compares to the One X and the SG3 - the competition's looking pretty fierce.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Awfully quiet about this phone

    So I know marketing should never really be taken as gospel, but can someone tell me what phone is in this commercial? Looks like a Razr without buttons...and the commercial just aired a week ago, right after the fighter was supposed to come out...maybe a little delayed?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B