Battery Life: Maxx vs. Maxx HD

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the Maxx a couple months ago and it's been amazing (minus a little set-back with battery life when I upped it to ICS - but I eventually got that fixed).

I think it's pretty respectful of Verizon to simultaneously release the Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD - instead releasing the Maxx HD a month or so after the standard Razr HD :))
My question is this though: The regular Maxx and the Maxx HD both have the huge 3300/mah battery. But, I'm wondering if the HD screen will drain the battery quicker than the Maxx's non-HD screen? I don't know anything about the technology.

Honestly, The iPhone, the Fascinate, the Rezound, and the Maxx's screen all look the same to me. But, again, I'm not a techie guy. Plus, my vision is getting worse by the year.

Thoughts anyone? I have an upgrade in November, but I don't think an HD screen is enough to waste on upgrade on. I'm really excited to try out the Note II if it does end up at Verizon. I'm even gonna look at the iPhone 5. But, I have a weird feeling the iPhone 5 is gonna have battery issues. It is going to be LTE-enabled, and the screen is supposed going to be bigger (plus it's the retina display thing, right?) - but word is they're basically using the same size battery, well just a tad bigger. It sounds like a battery fiasco already.

-mcskipp

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Motorola claims the MAXX has up to 24 hours. The MAXX HD can reach 32 hours. Even though its HD, I hear that Snapdragon processor is super efficient thus saving battery but I'm not certain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

sholzer

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Considering replacing my current maxx with a razr HD. 3300 vs 2500 bigger screen and more efficient processor. Can they have comparable battery life despite the battery being smaller?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Considering replacing my current maxx with a razr HD. 3300 vs 2500 bigger screen and more efficient processor. Can they have comparable battery life despite the battery being smaller?

Why not just go for the Maxx HD?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sholzer

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Im thinking about going to the MAXX HD but love the idea of a smaller phone. 4.3 is great, and I really like the size of the M. I wish they did an M HD :) thats a little thicker and called it a day. or an edge to edge 4.5. I dont think I need a 4.7 screen......but at least the phone wont be any bigger than what I currently have if I do decide to go razr HD.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I might be going for the HD, but I don't know if I necessarily need the maxx hd, I mean 2530 is still the biggest battery in any other smartphone of this size other than the maxx version, and with almost stock ics with barely a skin on it I don't expect the battery life to be bad. I think it should last me significantly more than any other phone that I have tried. Who knows really depends on how much cash I can get for my spectrum in mint condition so I might grab the razr maxx.

zero.efx

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

How are you affording this? Buying out of pocket or whatever? I mean, I want to get rid of my Galaxy S3 when a new phone comes to Verizon but I have no upgrades and I really don't want to pay out of pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone going to answer the question?! With some real life experience on both phones!!

The Maxx HD has superior battery life to the Maxx. I've had both and my Maxx with similar usage ended with 30% battery at the end if my day. The Maxx HD has an average of 60% or maybe slightly lower at the end.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: