Battery Testimonies

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So, I am interested to hear what people with the HD are seeing as far as Battery usage. I would really like the HD MAXX, but financially may not be able to afford it.
I am curious to see what kind of results you are all seeing with the HD: Battery time and usage details.
Thanks.

jdtftp1

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I am very impressed so far. I was in the same boat as far as HD vs Maxx HD. I just didnt have the extra 100 to spend. I use my phone pretty frequently also. I checked my status after 8 hours and had 54% left. My screen is on full brightness, wifi off, gps off, and in 4g all day. Screen on time was 1hr 22min. Hope this helps.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I seem to be located in somewhat of a hole in my suburb as my Rezound (and previously my Thunderbolt as well) pretty much continuosly jumps between 1x, 3G and 4G signals all day long. So, while home, I am pretty much connected to WiFi.

I will be interested to hear more responses.

shadofall

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
well yesterday i unplugged at 5:30 am, came to work where the signal is constantly switching between 1x 3g and 4g (not much signal strengh in this building and no wifi), left all the radios on (wifi-bluetooth-gps) listend to about 4 hours of music. plus all the poking around i did with it as im new to android so i play. got home after 8 hours, messed with it off an on. was on the wifi, and it hit 10% by 10pm

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
well yesterday i unplugged at 5:30 am, came to work where the signal is constantly switching between 1x 3g and 4g (not much signal strengh in this building and no wifi), left all the radios on (wifi-bluetooth-gps) listend to about 4 hours of music. plus all the poking around i did with it as im new to android so i play. got home after 8 hours, messed with it off an on. was on the wifi, and it hit 10% by 10pm

I'm not surprised because you essentially have a RAZR Maxx since the processor is more efficient. Those who chose the RAZR Maxx HD over the plain HD got a RAZR Maxx x2 pretty much.
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not surprised because you essentially have a RAZR Maxx since the processor is more efficient. Those who chose the RAZR Maxx HD over the plain HD got a RAZR Maxx x2 pretty much.

So I've been thinking I would be willikg to settle for upgrading to the razr maxx, but you're saying if I got the reg HD (as opposed to the maxx hd) it would be similar in terms of batt life? That would be win-win for me I think.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So I've been thinking I would be willikg to settle for upgrading to the razr maxx, but you're saying if I got the reg HD (as opposed to the maxx hd) it would be similar in terms of batt life? That would be win-win for me I think.

From what I can tell its very similar. My Maxx HD has the same size battery as my original Maxx did and it lasts much longer. Same settings but now I have an HD screen but a more efficient processor. The numbers people are claiming on the normal HD are insane and very Maxx like. I would always recommend the Maxx HD but if you're not up for it I say go for the HD. It will be very close if not nearly identical in terms of battery to the Maxx.

After reading your post you may be confused. Probably not though but I'll clarify anyways. The RAZR HD is very similar in battery to the first generation RAZR Maxx. The RAZR Maxx HD is far superior in every way including battery to the first generation RAZR Maxx.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
No thats exactly what I was saying . . I wanted a reg razr maxx but then wanted the hd maxx because I liked the case design better. After deciding not to spend the extra $ for an hd maxx I was willing to settle for the reg maxx. But this means I can have the batt life of the reg maxx AND the new case design if I get the razr hd without paying for the hd maxx . . Dizzy yet? :) However for another $50 (on wirefly) I could have the maxx hd . . . Hmmmm

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No thats exactly what I was saying . . I wanted a reg razr maxx but then wanted the hd maxx because I liked the case design better. After deciding not to spend the extra $ for an hd maxx I was willing to settle for the reg maxx. But this means I can have the batt life of the reg maxx AND the new case design if I get the razr hd without paying for the hd maxx . . Dizzy yet? :) However for another $50 (on wirefly) I could have the maxx hd . . . Hmmmm

Just make sure you read and understand Wireflys regulations. If you can swing it go for the HD Maxx. If not, go for the RAZR HD. No need to get old technology when the newer does things nearly as long and more efficiently.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
And just to make sure I'm not missing something . . The basic issue with wirefly would be the fees imposed if I don't keep it activated for 181 days, is that correct? Is there anything else I should be careful of?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
And just to make sure I'm not missing something . . The basic issue with wirefly would be the fees imposed if I don't keep it activated for 181 days, is that correct? Is there anything else I should be careful of?

As far as I know you're correct. Just keep it activated and you'll be fine.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
What about the difference in buying from Best Buy vs from a VZW Corporate store? I read on another post that they got the MAXX HD for $199 from BB because of BB matching Amazon's price. I have always bought my phones from a VZW Corporate store, but if I could get the MAXX HD at $199 it would be very tempting to purchase thru BB.

One primary question is that I would be transferring another line's upgrade to get my HD/MAXX HD and I'm not sure about whether BB can transfer upgrades. Also, warranty wise - anyone know of the differences?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What about the difference in buying from Best Buy vs from a VZW Corporate store? I read on another post that they got the MAXX HD for $199 from BB because of BB matching Amazon's price. I have always bought my phones from a VZW Corporate store, but if I could get the MAXX HD at $199 it would be very tempting to purchase thru BB.

That I'm not sure of and you could always contact your local Best Buy. Its possible because Best Buy has to match Amazon in order to stay in business. I used to visit Best Buy a lot but in the last three years not so much because Amazon is superior in nearly every way.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

One primary question is that I would be transferring another line's upgrade to get my HD/MAXX HD and I'm not sure about whether BB can transfer upgrades. Also, warranty wise - anyone know of the differences?

Wirefly and amazon both at 149 for hd and 199 for maxx hd . . Don't know about bb

Eclipse2k any preference b/t wirefly or amazon? I prefer amazon but any concerns with either one?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Wirefly and amazon both at 149 for hd and 199 for maxx hd . . Don't know about bb

Eclipse2k any preference b/t wirefly or amazon? I prefer amazon but any concerns with either one?

No, I'm not sure on the policies Amazon has in place so you would need to read. But as an Amazon customer on a daily basis, if you can go through them, do it. As long as the details are no worse than Wirefly.

bmstew

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy can do an alternate upgrade as long as a line on your account is ready, and they do it quite easily. They even upgraded my wife from an Incredible to a Razr, even when the line ready for an upgrade had no data, so they're very good about that.

But you should know they can be hard to get to price match to Amazon, since it's an online retailer with no brick and mortar stores. I'm not saying they won't, since they apparently did for somebody else, but you'd have better luck with getting them to price match with Walmart, HHGregg, Radio Shack, or somebody like that. They have a 30 day return window, no questions asked. All in all, upgrading at Best Buy has always been a good experience for us, and it's where we do all of our upgrades.

Sent from my DROID Razr M

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

A few weeks ago, I read an article that Best Buy would be price matching Amazon this holiday season so when I saw the post in another thread, I thought that maybe that had started already.

Do you purchase a warranty at all on your phones from Best Buy? Just wondering how their extended warranty compares to VZW complete protection package.

bmstew

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

A few weeks ago, I read an article that Best Buy would be price matching Amazon this holiday season so when I saw the post in another thread, I thought that maybe that had started already.

Do you purchase a warranty at all on your phones from Best Buy? Just wondering how their extended warranty compares to VZW complete protection package.

I don't personally get their warranty, but I think some people do. It's more of an insurance than a warranty. I think it's $10 a month, and they'll replace it for any reason as long as you keep up on the payments. Someone else would know more about this than me though...

Sent from my DROID Razr M

shadofall

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.

their insurance plan. atleast on the iphone 4, was at 14 a month (might be less now). and at a time when most companies still wouldnt cover water damage it was great in the even of accidental dousing, now the only real benefit is there is no "deductible" if you need to claim it.., so basicly 14 a month bb no deductable vs 10 a month 170 deductable.. but incase thats changed since i got my i4 there when it hit verizon, you can just walk in and ask. or call if your really far away from a bestbuy

Azartrus

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have the extra $100 to spend on the maxx version, but I have to say it didn't seem like much of an upgrade for $100. 30% more battery life and 16gig more memory.

To some people that may be worth it, but I had decided that I would only get the maxx version if it was $50 more which would have been a fair deal I think.

That said the battery life of this phone, even with all the radios on is amazing. I use my phone quite a bit listening to music and browsing and I get at least 12 hours of use out of it. Granted the battery is still new but as long as the phone last me 10 + hours to where I can get to a charger then I really have no use for a bigger battery. The S4 cpu is very very efficient and does wonders for the battery life in the phone. I leave the screen brightness on automatic. Comparing this device to my old galaxy S is crazy because the radios in the samsung zapped the battery like mad when turned on. I was worried that this would happen with this phone but by lunch time still having 75% battery life left is a good feeling :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1