What will rooting get me?

Rasgol

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I saw over on XDA that a root was available for the razr HD, what exactly is the purpose of rooting? The thread didn't say much about the pros or cons of it and i'm always looking to make my phone better :D

shadofall

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
my understanding is custom rom flashes, ability to remove bloatware (vznavigator for example) prob alot more that i'm not aware of as havent started digging in to that aspect of droid yet.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
What will it get you today?

-freezing boat apps
-option to install ad blockers like adaway
-ability to add programs into the system directory like genie widget from the galaxy nexus

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Later when you get good devs up and running

New Roms for fun

New kernels for possible battery savings

Access to system directories like they said helps to remove bloat

Theres a ton it can do but question is what do you really want the phone to do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I rooted yesterday and I am wondering now how can I remove/freeze this bloatware on the device? Do I need to wait till something comes out in order to do that?

shadofall

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
titanium backup (play store) will freeze the bloatware from what i been readig (havent rooted yet) there are also root uninstallers to remove the bloat.. but i suspect freezing is the safer way to go

LifeAsADroid

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Freezing is best for now. If you delete/uninstall the VeeZeeDub apps I've heard you'll have major update issues when 4.1JB comes out. By freezing you can later unfreeze (or thaw) the apps, update, then refreeze.

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
*some* tethering applications will also require root access. as already mentioned, ad-blocking is the best benefit in my opinion. i can live with ads when browsing from my desktop PC, but i cannot stand ads (especially those in your face pop-ups) on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance