Flip stand problem

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
So I purchased the flip stand a couple days ago and the first day it worked perfectly. The second however, each time I plugged it in I just got a error message saying 'Unfortunately, the smart dock has stopped'. This only happens when I select the Bedside mode. The office and clock modes still work fine. Any ideas?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a factory reset. I know you don't want to but I've never had this happen before

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Skeet25

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have just finished a conversation with Motorola Tech Support Level 3. The problem is a conflict between Google Play Music and the Dock Application in the Bedside mode. When you have a Music album selected in Google Play Music the Bedside Dock mode will crash. To fix the problem go to Setting/Applications/All and select Google Play Music. Reset the application by uninsalling updates or by clearing data to zero. This removes the albums you have selected from the play application. If albums are still shown in the google play application go to another page and come back this should cancel the albums. The play application should not show any albums selected. Dock function should now work in Bedside mode.

hwlester

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I have just finished a conversation with Motorola Tech Support Level 3. The problem is a conflict between Google Play Music and the Dock Application in the Bedside mode. When you have a Music album selected in Google Play Music the Bedside Dock mode will crash. To fix the problem go to Setting/Applications/All and select Google Play Music. Reset the application by uninsalling updates or by clearing data to zero. This removes the albums you have selected from the play application. If albums are still shown in the google play application go to another page and come back this should cancel the albums. The play application should not show any albums selected. Dock function should now work in Bedside mode.

I'm not sure this is entirely accurate, but you helped me launch the dock application successfully. :) It's definitely a conflict with Google Play Music, but it may not be having an album selected that's the problem. I just encountered the issue for the first time, and after reading your post, I realized that I had deleted some MP3's stored locally on my SD Card. Just as a test, I went into Google Play Music, and selected an album and started playing a track, then paused. I then tried to launch the bedside dock and it worked. :) BTW, I have the Atrix HD which is essentially AT&T's version of the RAZR. :)

Last edited:

hwlester

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Just had the exact opposite problem with the same solution: I downloaded an MP3 audiobook I purchased, and once again, the bedside dock refused to launch. Play/Pause in Google Play Music fixed the issue. Sigh...

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The workaround I found is to delete the updates for Google Play Music. Then install another music playing app. Go into the dock and choose that app as the default music player. Then load the updates for Google Music again. The downside is any time you play a song it will cause the dock to lock up again. To stop this you have to go into Music and clear the now playing queue. This is the only way I've found to still have my music cached and also be able to use the dock. Matt over at the Motorola forums has stated that Motorola is working on a fix for the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12