Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Malchore
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need Help! I turned off my mobile data somehow

I was playing around with the settings in my phone last night, and some how managed to turn off 4G LTE internet access! When not in WiFi, the phone defaults to the 4G LTE network. There used to be a blue icon at the top of the phone for 4G, but now it's gone. I have no idea how to get that back. I have no internet connection (when my WiFi is not connected.)

I'm a newbie with cell networks and whatnot. Can anyone please explain how to enable the 4G LTE again? When I go into Quick Settings, I see "Mobile data" is ON. When I press "Go to all settings", under the Wireless & Networks category I push "More...", then push "Mobile networks". I have a check next to "Data enabled". My Network Mode is LTE/CDMA. Nothing is selected under the Access Point Names.

I'm really at a loss as to what the heck I did to kill my mobile internet.
    Pam Yoder likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Need Help! I turned off my mobile data somehow

Found this app in the play store -> Restore Connectivity Settings ( )

But when I go there using my phone, I get the message that it is not compatible with my phone. I have the RAZR HD, this app is only for RAZR apparently. And yes, I did enable some battery saver smart actions last night. I'll keep looking.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

on your home screen, swipe your finger right. and flip the toggle for Mobile data back to on?

When in doubt, reboot the phone. Turn it off, then back on. A couple times with this phone, and with my past droid phones, I would lose connection, yet my data would still be enabled. A quick reboot seemed to always fix the problem. I hope it's as simple as that for you, too.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I checked my mobile data settings and it's set for Global.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks everyone. I brought it to my nearest Verizon store and asked them to help me. They took my phone and did an interesting type of reboot; if you hold down the power key and the volume-down (rocker key) at the same time for 5 seconds, the phone reboots. The they enabled Allow All Global Roaming Data, and that brought the 4G icon back. My Mobile Data toggle was always on the whole time, despite no internet access.

Anyways, lesson learned. Never do one of two things: Never use the Smart Actions app, and Never adjust your global roaming data option.

Glad they fixed it. I agree with Hobbes - the other day I couldn't get mobil data nor the 3G icon even though it was turned on. When I shut off the phone and turned back on it was working fine. Phone has been great so far. Don't have 4G in my area.

Default Re: Need Help!

How do I enable my mobile data

Quote Originally Posted by Malchore View Post
    Thanks everyone. I brought it to my nearest Verizon store and asked them to help me. They took my phone and did an interesting type of reboot; if you hold down the power key and the volume-down (rocker key) at the same time for 5 seconds, the phone reboots. The they enabled Allow All Global Roaming Data, and that brought the 4G icon back. My Mobile Data toggle was always on the whole time, despite no internet access.

Anyways, lesson learned. Never do one of two things: Never use the Smart Actions app, and Never adjust your global roaming data option.