Help re: SD card

flyerchas

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the Razr HD, having abandoned my Thunderbolt. With the T-bolt, I had an app called Apps 2 SD, which transferred data from the phone memory to the SD card. I've tried several versions of this on the Razr, but none will work. I'm aware of "Manage Internal Storage" in Storage in Settings, for moving pictures, movies and songs to the SD card, and that works. But how do you back up data on the SD card for safety, if I need to do a factory reset for example? If anybody has figured this out, please let me know, because I like the Razr HD very much and don't want to return it.

Thanks.

Androidzeke

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Flyer, I've read your post several times and I understand what your saying. I just don't see the manage internal storage in my settings. I'm trying to move files from phone to SD storage. My phone is slowing down terribly.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually, if you have the bandwidth you can back everything up to a cloud but I know this isn't as great an alternative as using a SD card.

If you aren't rooted I don't think you can move app data to the SD. I know you can't run apps from the SD since ICS.

Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2