1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Importance of RAM?

Trying to decide between this or an S3...

How important is RAM? Is the fact that this has 1 GB while the S3 has 2 GB noticeable in functionality? Will it be an issue down the line once further OS updates are released and things are optimized more for quad cores?

Default Re: Importance of RAM?

I got the Razr Maxx HD and whenever I check the running apps, there are always a few hundred spare megabytes of RAM left over, so it doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment. Since you'll probably replace the phone in 2 years anyhow, I wouldn't agonize over that too much. Probably better just to get whatever strikes your fancy right now.

Having more RAM is never a bad thing. For the immediate 1 GB is more than adequate. Going forward I am sure future updates will be a bit more taxing and the extra GB will prove to be justice. I have both devices and equally like them. However, I have to say having the extra juice on the Maxx HD is great!!!

I think a good indicator of this would be the JB update. If project butter comes through and makes this baby fly, then I feel like future updates will be fine. If the phone starts to stutter and slow down after JB,then I would be concerned that future updates will make it worse