Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Default WOW!! So Thoughtful to Include a Shopping App.

I can't thank Verizon and Google enough for including (at no extra cost) a shopping app from one specific company. Is this a Google or Verizon company? And, it is not uninstallable, but by default 'Alerts' are turned on. Now some would say that the number of wanted apps continues to increase adding to space waste or unwanted 'stuff'. Not at all. I'm hoping for a help-app to guide me through changing the headlight fluid on my Prius in aOS v4.2.
    KlineAJ likes this.

Default Re: WOW!! So Thoughtful to Include a Shopping App.

You can't uninstall but you can disable it. I think the only reason Google added this ability was for the carrier and manufacturer added apps. The first thing I did when I got the update was make sure my apps were still disabled and disable any added ones. I know you shouldn't have to, but oh well.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Moose View Post
    You can't uninstall but you can disable it. I think the only reason Google added this ability was for the carrier and manufacturer added apps. The first thing I did when I got the update was make sure my apps were still disabled and disable any added ones. I know you shouldn't have to, but oh well.
    Good suggestion. Don't know why I didn't think about that. The wireless companies are making tons off of us as it is (Verizon reported 50% profit 12H1). Why they have to force commercial apps on us is beyond me. I'm all about the free market, but come-on .......... do right by the customer.

Yea the extra bloatware really sucks. Why the hell do i need a Zappos app?! Does Verizon really think the majority of people buy shoes so often that they need an app installed on their phone for it? What's next? An Acura app so i can buy a new car every day?
    pblakk likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Sethoth View Post
    Yea the extra bloatware really sucks. Why the hell do i need a Zappos app?! Does Verizon really think the majority of people buy shoes so often that they need an app installed on their phone for it? What's next? An Acura app so i can buy a new car every day?
    Like I said ........ can't wait for the headlight fluid changing 'how-to' app that allows you to buy headlight fluid online from the app.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Verizon employs hundreds of thousands of people. If putting a few apps on my 32gb phone with available microsd slot allows them to keep and/or hire new employees, then I'm all for it.

I realize that I'm in a non maxx forum, but since the OP jumped to post the same thing in both forums, I felt I could jump over here too.

Edit: I now see that OP has posted about this in many forums. It's a Zappos app. You must be having a great week if this is your biggest problem.

Also, I'm not going to get into a flame war with you. I've said my piece and you've said yours. I bet you'll want to respond to me. That's fine, but I won't be responding in turn.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Lord Vadger and klwit307 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I just wish I was a Verizon employee so that I could say "your welcome"

They make money where they can, they get away with what they can to do it.

I root an ROM so as to counteract that. Should I have to? No I shouldnt, but I do.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Verizon employs hundreds of thousands of people. If putting a few apps on my 32gb phone with available microsd slot allows them to keep and/or hire new employees, then I'm all for it.

I realize that I'm in a non maxx forum, but since the OP jumped to post the same thing in both forums, I felt I could jump over here too.

Edit: I now see that OP has posted about this in many forums. It's a Zappos app. You must be having a great week if this is your biggest problem.

Also, I'm not going to get into a flame war with you. I've said my piece and you've said yours. I bet you'll want to respond to me. That's fine, but I won't be responding in turn.
    No flame war, just hit and run, right. I'm sure you are so interested in those Verizon employees you asked to pay a little more for your phone? How 'bout an extra monthly check to them? No? Instead you have the guts to say "I think its good" so lets have everyone put up with it, not knowing if it will have an impact on a single employee. How moronic. VERIZON posted 50% increase in profits 1H12. So, you a troll for Verizon?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

What's the good of the micro SD slot if you can't move the apps to it?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by flyerchas View Post
    What's the good of the micro SD slot if you can't move the apps to it?
    For me it wasjust was for music and ebooks. For those with a lot of large apps and movies/music ...... unfortunately not being able to move to a card won't help with the apps. Will be time to examine which apps you can live without or get a new phone; which you shouldn't have to just because of the OS won't allow the app move. Reminds me of the 2 gen Palms. There were more useful (albeit large) apps than space to accommodate them and their data. Really had to pick and choose carefully back then.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

This is seriously insane. The Zappos app is 5MB, or 0.005GB.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,031 Global Posts

I guess speaking with your wallet is too hard for people.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    Jerry Hildenbrand likes this.

But I could use that for my cache!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

"guess speaking with your wallet is too hard for people."

Especially when his speech includes reaching into others wallets. Not cool.
    Sethoth likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisOS2 View Post
    "guess speaking with your wallet is too hard for people."

Especially when his speech includes reaching into others wallets. Not cool.
    Ry was talking about you. Instead of complaining, you should choose a different carrier, or a different phone.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Ry was talking about you. Instead of complaining, you should choose a different carrier, or a different phone.
    WOW......... I'm hurt. Did you and he support Instagram's new policy as well? The object is to voice concern or disdain to hopefully change policy like Instagram has. No one needs apps not necessary to the OS or basic functions especially those that can't be deleted to free up space for which many have other uses. You like that app? Great. Go DL it. Otherwise, leave the rest of us alone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

I laugh when people say they won't be responding and then they do. Good try at being hard.

I assume your lack of self control and discipline is also a reason why you happily bend over for VZW when they stiff you with useless apps?

EDIT: And for the record, bloatware doesn't really bother me either. But I can TOTALLY understand why it bothers some people. What I can't understand, are people who can't see both sides of such an obvious situation. Of course there will be people out there who do not want even 0.001GB of useless bloat on their device. You and I don't care too much either way, but I can understand the people who do care. It's their phone, Carriers don't have to be putting crap on phones.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Last edited by LegalAmerican; 12-29-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    DennisOS2 likes this.

WOW......... I'm hurt. Did you and he support Instagram's new policy as well? The object is to voice concern or disdain to hopefully change policy like Instagram has. No one needs apps not necessary to the OS or basic functions especially those that can't be deleted to free up space for which many have other uses. You like that app? Great. Go DL it. Otherwise, leave the rest of us alone.

You don't like it? Stop buying subsidized phones and move to a gsm carrier like tmobile. Because that's pretty much your only option.
    Thanked by 3:
    Jerry Hildenbrand and Ry like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

JHB that is great in theory but i still argue that the current state of GSM carriers are too far behind in terms of coverage. Let me say that in my area they are. Tmobile is horrendous and ATT deserves a special place in hell.

Not to mention the lack of unlimited data on any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    JHB that is great in theory but i still argue that the current state of GSM carriers are too far behind in terms of coverage. Let me say that in my area they are. Tmobile is horrendous and ATT deserves a special place in hell.

Not to mention the lack of unlimited data on any of them.
    Tmobile has unlimited data.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Technically yes they do. Trying to use it after 5GB is a different story. Also like I said the coverage is pretty bad (around me and nationwide). Sprint is the only one that doesnt mess with you and your data.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,031 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Technically yes they do. Trying to use it after 5GB is a different story. Also like I said the coverage is pretty bad (around me and nationwide). Sprint is the only one that doesnt mess with you and your data.
    Doesn't T-Mobile now offer a truly unlimited plan like Sprint too?

And I'm not sure how you can say coverage is bad around you AND nationwide unless you're everywhere always. I'd be willing to bet that there are some places in the US where T-Mobile is great.

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Ry

Global Posts
    8,031 Global Posts

LOL. People misinterpreted that Instagram policy change.

But the difference is this type of thing with carrier added apps is common practice. Complaining on a forum is preaching to the choir. Companies listen to the money they have coming in.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Who? likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Doesn't T-Mobile now offer a truly unlimited plan like Sprint too?

And I'm not sure how you can say coverage is bad around you AND nationwide unless you're everywhere always. I'd be willing to bet that there are some places in the US where T-Mobile is great.
    No they still can throttle you after 5 GB.

I meant nationwide as compared to everyone else....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast