- 6 Posts
lost root after update
Hey everyone! Unfortunately, I lost my root access after updating to JB, even though I used OTA Voodoo Root keeper. I still have superuser, but I have no root access. I'm guessing I messed up because I didn't temp. Unroot. Is it possible to safely root it again? How can I regain root access without bricking my phone or without losing my data?
- 12-12-2012, 10:21 AM #2
- 12-12-2012, 11:27 AM #3
- 7 Posts
Re: lost root after update
I ran into this too (stupid on my part I know) but just follow the rooting guide and option 1 of the utility is to restore the phone to ICS (4.0.4). Worked perfectly for me. Rolled it back. Reran root. protected it with Voodoo. Did a temp unroot and then applied the Jelly Bean Update and rerooted with no issues.
- 12-14-2012, 11:44 PM #4
- 12-16-2012, 09:07 AM #5
- By gphesq in forum Sprint PhotonReplies: 14Last Post: 01-27-2013, 09:33 AM
- By rhcreed in forum Nexus 7 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 10-15-2012, 02:20 PM
- By Hiphiphooray in forum Bionic Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 07-03-2012, 08:57 PM
- By Easton091 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 06-02-2012, 02:01 AM
- By peterama in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 10-12-2010, 09:14 AM