Poweramp and Playlists - I am losing my damned MIND

sirlancelot323

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi people, I am going inSANE here.

I desperately want to use my phone as my music player(keep my iPod in the car). Syncing this thing was hard enough(no program recognizes the External SD; Windows Explorer will, and I can access it from the phone, but no syncing/media program does).

I'm trying to add playlists to Poweramp. I placed them in the directory with my mp3s, told Poweramp to scan the folders, and it found all of my music, and 3 playlists(which all have 1/4 of the songs they should). I tell it to scan my music library folders for playlists(they are there, I've checked with 3 different file explorers) and Poweramp says "Imported: 0 playlists".

I am losing my MIND. These are playlists with hundreds of songs; manually creating them would take me hours.

ANYONE have any idea?

The Droid Geek

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I have been having the same issue with my Droid Razr Maxx. The Poweramp playlists would be modified upon system restart. There is only one way to fix this bug, and it may not be what you want to hear. What you need to do is go to your default music app (My Music on the Droid Razr series) and recreate your playlists there. It may take a while, but once you do this you won't have to do it again. After you have recreated the playlists, open Poweramp and follow these steps: Settings-->Folders and Library-->Playlists Import/Export-->Import System Library Playlists. This will import the playlists you have saved on the My Music app. In your case, I understand not wanting to recreate playlists with hundreds of songs. What I would do is play around a little bit with Motocast and see if you can sync your playlists from your computer. Upon USB connection you should receive a prompt involving Motocast. I haven't used Motocast or set up an account there because I have no need to sync from my PC, but in your case it might be worth trying to sync your playlists via Motocast. Once your playlists are synced, they should show up in your My Music library, thus becoming importable to Poweramp. One last thing: Poweramp is the by far the best aftermarket music player on the android market, and doing this is worth the time and effort. I hope this helps, and I apologize for not playing around with Motocast before I wrote this. Good luck!

Klick206

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
So far so good

Android geek was on time - I imported my playlist to poweramp. Now to see if it will keep my songs from disappearing

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: So far so good

I use iSyncr and have no problems with playlists on Poweramp. been doing that for 6months or more. it syncs Itunes to the phone. can't remember if it does WMP library but i know it does iTunes. only thing is Poweramp doesn't recognize the iTunes ratings.

simplysounds

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
if i use isyncr it auto updates playlist content on the stock player on my samsung but on poweramp it doesn't update (even after a full rescan).

eg i have a playlist called 'allsorts' i change stuff on this every few days adding and removing tracks. i created it in itunes and sync with isyncr. i just added a song so there are now 31 songs. this is updated in the stock player (shows 31 songs) but in poweramp it only shows 30 (even after a full rescan)

the only way it will update is if i import playlists but then i end up with duplicate playlists (i have 'allsorts' and below is 'allsorts1' - if i import again it reads allsorts/1/2/3/4 etc.

i have it set to delete duplicates but this seems only for duplicated songs in playlists and not playlists themselves.

can anyone help?

simplysounds

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: So far so good

i wiped my sd card and started again. i'm now using the 'gonemad' music player app and i find that playlists don't always update. i normally have to refresh the playlists (setting on the gonemad player) then close the player down, then open it, get it to scan, wait a few minuets and they appear. i've had other playlists that don't update content through isyncr. i had an older playlist which i added 1 track to and it didn't matter what i tried it would not display that track in the playlist on my phone. i had to create a copy playlist in itunes with a different name, add the track again, then it worked. maybe try the gonemad app? it works (eventually) and so far no duplicated playlists.

John Aragon1

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
>>>settings (the three vertical dots)>>>More>>>Settings>>>Folders and Library>>>Folders/Library Scanner

Select all check boxes
Return to Folders and Library
>>>Full Rescan

daanhaeyen

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,

I have a playlist with 150 songs in poweramp, and when I edit this list, all the changes are lost after a restart.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks, Daan

Thomas Lindenau

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
What worked for me was going into settings, and going to folders and libray. Then I hit import system library playlists. Now when I goto playlists I have at the top all my playlists with all the songs in them. Bellow them is a second set of the same playlists labeled "file-based playlists" which has the playlists that where half empty. Kind of a work around but now my playlists at the top are working. I guess it imported them from play music app... Im using power amp because a bunch of my songs are wma format and default player couldnt play them. Anyways hope this helps any one else. Sorry for resurrecting an ANCIENT thread... but I got here from google search so I thought it might help others.

Hi people, I am going inSANE here.

I desperately want to use my phone as my music player(keep my iPod in the car). Syncing this thing was hard enough(no program recognizes the External SD; Windows Explorer will, and I can access it from the phone, but no syncing/media program does).

I'm trying to add playlists to Poweramp. I placed them in the directory with my mp3s, told Poweramp to scan the folders, and it found all of my music, and 3 playlists(which all have 1/4 of the songs they should). I tell it to scan my music library folders for playlists(they are there, I've checked with 3 different file explorers) and Poweramp says "Imported: 0 playlists".

I am losing my MIND. These are playlists with hundreds of songs; manually creating them would take me hours.

ANYONE have any idea?

Caesius.Rex

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
...but no syncing/media program does).
These are playlists with hundreds of songs; manually creating them would take me hours.

ANYONE have any idea?

I use iSyncr from JRT Studios (they make Rocket Player). It syncs my iTunes to my Android phone perfectly. I have been using it for years and love it. I do not have an Apple computer. I use iSyncr on 3 different computers and 3 different mobile devices - an Apple iPhone (4th gen only used as ipod), an iPod Touch, and my Android phone. But it is not a 1 to 1 situation. My primary library is on one laptop and all three mobile devices are updated using iSyncr from the one laptop.

I have an audio library of over 22,000 files, and my SD card in my phone is a 128GB microSD. And iSyncr has always worked great. I can't recommend it enough. I tried once, but it hurt my head.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Caesius.Rex

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem on PowerAmp and Playlists. It is weird because I always use Rocket Player by the same folks that make iSyncr, and of course it is virtually flawless. I just installed PowerAmp, but it is listing very old playlists - and not in addition to my current playlists, but rather instead of them.

My guess is there are two playlist files somewhere in my phone. Rocket Player knows where the updated/current file is. Whereas PowerAmp is looking in another area. One that seems to be the standard location for most players to look in, because I have had other players bring up those same old Playlists. So, my guess is, I need to discover where they are looking and replace the old playlist file with the new that iSyncr creates and Rocket Player looks at. Either that, or (hopefully) manage to point PowerAmp towards the iSyncr Playlist file. Otherwise I'd have to do the former of those two options every time I made a change.

Have you had any luck with this? It has been the main reason I cannot seem to use other players outside of Rocket Player. So far, each one lists old playlist data.

ocabrera1966

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
I have this same problem on PowerAmp and Playlists. It is weird because I always use Rocket Player by the same folks that make iSyncr, and of course it is virtually flawless. I just installed PowerAmp, but it is listing very old playlists - and not in addition to my current playlists, but rather instead of them.

My guess is there are two playlist files somewhere in my phone. Rocket Player knows where the updated/current file is. Whereas PowerAmp is looking in another area. One that seems to be the standard location for most players to look in, because I have had other players bring up those same old Playlists. So, my guess is, I need to discover where they are looking and replace the old playlist file with the new that iSyncr creates and Rocket Player looks at. Either that, or (hopefully) manage to point PowerAmp towards the iSyncr Playlist file. Otherwise I'd have to do the former of those two options every time I made a change.

Have you had any luck with this? It has been the main reason I cannot seem to use other players outside of Rocket Player. So far, each one lists old playlist data.

I purchased my LG V30+ mostly because of its audio abilities and sound quality. The learning curve for me to switch from an iOS device was steep, but well worth it in the end. The journey though, was exasperating at times. Especially, in trying to get my music library software (JRiver) to synch with the phone as a handlheld. I had a huge issue getting JRiver to even see the phone on my music server. But, that’s a story for another thread.

Once I got the JRiver to see my phone as a handheld device, I had the same problem with getting the playlists to copy over correctly – so frustrating!

This is what works for me:

1. Create a “Playlist” folder in the root of the phone’s drive where your music is stored.
2. In JRiver, I can configure the synch options to point to a specific folder on the device.
3. Once I synch my music, I manually delete the plays lists in Poweramp. I’m using v3, which makes selecting all of the playlists and deleting either some or all of them real easy.
4. Then, I go to Settings, Folders and Library, and select “Import System Library Playlists.

Works perfectly every time, and does not remove any of the playlists I’ve created on the phone itself.