Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Question I can't believe myself considering Motorola

I currently use a nexus one and iPhone 4. I was looking forward to switching to the nexus 4 but with limited stock and no expansion and lte, I'm not too upset. So I started looking into this phone and was surprised to really like it after testing it out at a Best Buy today. I'm stuck on Gingerbread experience and a boring iOS device so it was great to try new android phones.

I was considering a Galaxy Nexus but this phone seems to be better and close to stock android. But it's free on a 2 year contract at the canadian Best Buy with $50 gift card right now and it's tempting to go in tomorrow and sign up. I'm currently going through the forums here reading up on it.

Is there anything I need to look out for or be aware of like issues? I've seen a couple about notification lights and batteries not lasting as long. Is this common or a few lemons?

Forgot to ask about Google Now. Is it working fine now with the jellybean update that came out? Not sure if jellybean is out in Canada yet.
    Last edited by serpico; 01-10-2013 at 12:10 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Default Re: I can't believe myself considering Motorola

Had no luck today, no stock. Seems the sale ends today too. The search continues for a new Android phone. I never thought it would be so hard to find a new phone that isn't a Samsung To me the Galaxy S3 is the iPhone of the android world, everyone has one or the other. The Note 2 is nice but without a 3 year canadian carrier contract, it's way too expensive. Time to check ebay or craigslist.

There are some posts about Google Now causing phone lag and I noticed that too so I disabled it. It works....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    Had no luck today, no stock. Seems the sale ends today too. The search continues for a new Android phone. I never thought it would be so hard to find a new phone that isn't a Samsung To me the Galaxy S3 is the iPhone of the android world, everyone has one or the other. The Note 2 is nice but without a 3 year canadian carrier contract, it's way too expensive. Time to check ebay or craigslist.
    I switched from a RAZR Maxx HD to a Samsung Galaxy Note II and have no regrets. Battery seems to last all day and screen is gorgeous. Plus no Wi-Fi issues like my RAZR had. My phone isn't on contract and I can upgrade at a discount in 6 months but I see no reason too.

Hope you get what you want.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Thanks guys. I tried again at a local store and was disappointed with the mixed up process the carrier and store have with customers. What else is new, right?
    I think I'm going to sign up for a new account with another carrier and pick up the Note 2 instead. After watching more YouTube videos of what this phone can do, I need to get over the size and focus on the benefits.

I switched from a Maxx to a Note 2 and this is the most amazing phone I have had. I literally have have zero complaints and the smoothness of this phone will blow you away. The battery isnt quite as good as the Maxx but its close. I'm even seeing download speeds as high as 29 on TMo.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

So after not lucking out with getting the Motorola I got the Note 2. I'm overwhelmed by it right now, I'm sure it's going to take time to learn every feature.

Ya, it'll take time to learn but that is the fun part for many of us.

I have the moto HD and kinda regret it now. After the JB update i am seeing quite a bit more lag, Google music player skips, games freeze for a second etc. Wish i had gone with a phone with quad core.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Malchore View Post
    Ya, it'll take time to learn but that is the fun part for many of us.

I have the moto HD and kinda regret it now. After the JB update i am seeing quite a bit more lag, Google music player skips, games freeze for a second etc. Wish i had gone with a phone with quad core.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    I'm so glad to be away from my RAZR Maxx HD because of those issues plus Wifi drops. I'm loving the Note II that Verizon gave me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

I have a RMHD, and i havent experienced any of the problems you have mentioned. though your posts make me curious, because working at best buy, ive seen s3's and note 2's lag and freeze out of the box, and the samsung iterations of the gallery, file manager, and other built in functionality apps have been really disappointing to me. my phone had jb, and ran smoothly long before i saw the s3's receive jb, and my coworkers with them all liked them on ICS better. maybe its just user preference or just the range of different customer experiences, i guess

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post

Is there anything I need to look out for or be aware of like issues? I've seen a couple about notification lights and batteries not lasting as long. Is this common or a few lemons?

Forgot to ask about Google Now. Is it working fine now with the jellybean update that came out? Not sure if jellybean is out in Canada yet.
    Notification light is amazing. If you're worried about battery life get the Maxx. Google Now is fine and useful but the phone ran smoother for me on ICS than on JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gibson View Post
    I have a RMHD, and i havent experienced any of the problems you have mentioned. though your posts make me curious, because working at best buy, ive seen s3's and note 2's lag and freeze out of the box, and the samsung iterations of the gallery, file manager, and other built in functionality apps have been really disappointing to me. my phone had jb, and ran smoothly long before i saw the s3's receive jb, and my coworkers with them all liked them on ICS better. maybe its just user preference or just the range of different customer experiences, i guess
    Probably range of experience. My friend and I both experienced many issues with the RAZR HD. I miss the battery life knowing no matter what I did I'd be fine but the Note II hangs in there for the day. Can't wait until battery technology is so advanced every company gets 4 days easy.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

This phone is very good, the only real drawaback is it's a little laggy when running the stock UI - downloading Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher from the Play Store, and/or rooting and running a 3rd-party ROM mostly fixes that.