Screen goes dark after completing call??

phonewest

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
After I complete a call my screen goes dark before I can exit the call. So I have a black screen and still connected to the caller without any way to exit. After pushing the on-off and waving phone I can get the screen back. Very frustrating. This did not happen until a couple of months ago, about 2 months after getting phone. I know phone is suppose to go dark when held to ear to avoid pressing other buttons but this is after that and holding phone both horizontally and vertically. Ideas? Thanks,

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
After I complete a call my screen goes dark before I can exit the call. So I have a black screen and still connected to the caller without any way to exit. After pushing the on-off and waving phone I can get the screen back. Very frustrating. This did not happen until a couple of months ago, about 2 months after getting phone. I know phone is suppose to go dark when held to ear to avoid pressing other buttons but this is after that and holding phone both horizontally and vertically. Ideas? Thanks,

Mine is doing that too. If I'm leaving a voicemail for say, an office phone, I CAN'T HANG UP. And once when I started cussing a bit with frustration, it GOT RECORDED. Fortunately, it was a buddy that I was leaving a message for. But still.

I have no answer.

phonewest

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine turned out to be the proximity sensor. Called Verizon and they said they've had a few units do this. Sent me a new (reconditioned) phone and problem solved. That is the sensor that determines when the phone is lowered from the ear. Hope that helps.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine turned out to be the proximity sensor. Called Verizon and they said they've had a few units do this. Sent me a new (reconditioned) phone and problem solved. That is the sensor that determines when the phone is lowered from the ear. Hope that helps.

Yea, I knew it was the proximity sensor. But I keep searching and it seems that Nova Launcher can have an effect on it, so since I was going to do a reset after the last update, after a full cache wipe and format, I didn't reinstall Nova. And it's been fine for every call I made/received yesterday, where with Nova I had at best 50% of the calls not be affected.

For me, I'm blaming this on software. But I'll definitely complain if it starts happening again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza